Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:08 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Lightbulb I have pneumonia

Please pray for me and my family.

The regular old viral flu bug cascaded its way through our family last weekend. I ran a fever all day Monday (a holiday for me) and Tuesday started a week's of consecutive training for my job that is infrequently offered.

Tryin' to be a hero, and windin' up a zero, I went to work in the sub-zero weather in a vehicle that doesn't provide heat until about 20 minutes into the drive. I completed the training and tried to rest in the evenings, but two of our kids have been having fits due to diarrhea and rash.

Yesterday around 3:00 I started to feel colder and colder. I hung on, and put my coat on 15 minutes before I walked out of the building.

Most of us are still coughing as part of the standard-issue recovery of the flu, but I ran a 104 fever for about 8 hours yesterday. My wife finally managed to get ahold of our doctor, described the situation and symptoms, and the doctor called in antibiotics for me. My wife promptly went and fetched this medicine for me (bless her heart) and it is helping some. However, the last time I had pneumonia I was flat on my back for two solid weeks, and weak for months afterwards.

I covet your prayers.

Carl

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

I'll pray for you, Bro Carl. There's a lot of junk going around in our neck of the woods too.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Praying OPC.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

I have pneumonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_Carl View Post
Please pray for me and my family.

The regular old viral flu bug cascaded its way through our family last weekend. I ran a fever all day Monday (a holiday for me) and Tuesday started a week's of consecutive training for my job that is infrequently offered.

Tryin' to be a hero, and windin' up a zero, I went to work in the sub-zero weather in a vehicle that doesn't provide heat until about 20 minutes into the drive. I completed the training and tried to rest in the evenings, but two of our kids have been having fits due to diarrhea and rash.

Yesterday around 3:00 I started to feel colder and colder. I hung on, and put my coat on 15 minutes before I walked out of the building.

Most of us are still coughing as part of the standard-issue recovery of the flu, but I ran a 104 fever for about 8 hours yesterday. My wife finally managed to get ahold of our doctor, described the situation and symptoms, and the doctor called in antibiotics for me. My wife promptly went and fetched this medicine for me (bless her heart) and it is helping some. However, the last time I had pneumonia I was flat on my back for two solid weeks, and weak for months afterwards.

I covet your prayers.

Carl
Lord God,

You see Bro. Carl's condition and no doubt are just waiting

to hear that desperate cry for help. We pray that You will

come to his rescue with healing Hands. Touch his entire

family. We give you thanks. We give you honor and glory,

in Jesus Name!

Falla39
Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM

Praying for you OPC.

Ex 15:26

King James Bible
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee
Old 01-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I'm praying for you.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Praying OP.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Jellybean!

Praying for a quick recovery!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Pot Stirrer

Be careful with this - I had it back in November

nothing to mess with I had to learn the hard way
Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
MrsBOOMM

Praying for you....I know what you are going thru as I had pneumonia that almost took my life last year.....God touched me and I am still here!
Just a question, where in the world did you find a doctor that would prescribe medication without seeing you....I didn't think they made those anymore....lol