Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Shooter is Bernie supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You mean the final version after having had 106 hearings and over two months of review, right?

Aquila I don't think aegsm76 can read your posts. The poster aegsm76 has put you on ignore.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You mean the final version after having had 106 hearings and over two months of review, right?
It passed only after the obama admin bribed Democrats who were a "no" vote with the "Louisiana Purchase" and "Cornhusker Kickback," among others.

It was written in secrecy and kept in a locked room for the majority of the time it was being debated.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It passed only after the obama admin bribed Democrats who were a "no" vote with the "Louisiana Purchase" and "Cornhusker Kickback," among others.

It was written in secrecy and kept in a locked room for the majority of the time it was being debated.
Source?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Source?

"""Ben Nelson’s “Cornhusker Kickback,” as the GOP is calling it, got all the attention Saturday, but other senators lined up for deals as Majority Leader Harry Reid corralled the last few votes for a health reform package. """

"""But another Democratic holdout, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), took credit for $10 billion in new funding for community health centers, while denying it was a “sweetheart deal.” He was clearly more enthusiastic about a bill he said he couldn’t support just three days ago."""

"""Nelson and Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) carved out an exemption for non-profit insurers in their states from a hefty excise tax. Similar insurers in the other 48 states will pay the tax.

Vermont and Massachusetts were given additional Medicaid funding, another plus for Sanders and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) Three states – Pennsylvania, New York and Florida – all won protections for their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries at a time when the program is facing cuts nationwide.

All of this came on top of a $300 million increase for Medicaid in Louisiana, designed to win the vote of Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu. """

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/1...d-to-60-030815

"""Do you remember the "Louisiana Purchase?" I don't mean Thomas Jefferson's acquisition of land from Napoleon, but rather Democrats' acquisition of Sen. Mary Landrieu's (D., La.) support for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Landrieu, critics believe, pledged her vote in exchange for gaining $200 million additional federal funds for Louisiana's Medicaid program. Except that, due to a drafting error, the law ended up giving Louisiana $4.3 billion in extra Medicaid funds -- more than twenty times the assigned amount. How this happened, and how Congress failed to fully fix it, is a microcosm of our new health law's many flaws."""

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...doggle/254003/

List of other payoffs to get enough votes to pass.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/2...-cloture-vote/
Old 06-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
"""Ben Nelson’s “Cornhusker Kickback,” as the GOP is calling it, got all the attention Saturday, but other senators lined up for deals as Majority Leader Harry Reid corralled the last few votes for a health reform package. """

"""But another Democratic holdout, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), took credit for $10 billion in new funding for community health centers, while denying it was a “sweetheart deal.” He was clearly more enthusiastic about a bill he said he couldn’t support just three days ago."""

"""Nelson and Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) carved out an exemption for non-profit insurers in their states from a hefty excise tax. Similar insurers in the other 48 states will pay the tax.

Vermont and Massachusetts were given additional Medicaid funding, another plus for Sanders and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) Three states – Pennsylvania, New York and Florida – all won protections for their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries at a time when the program is facing cuts nationwide.

All of this came on top of a $300 million increase for Medicaid in Louisiana, designed to win the vote of Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu. """

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/1...d-to-60-030815

"""Do you remember the "Louisiana Purchase?" I don't mean Thomas Jefferson's acquisition of land from Napoleon, but rather Democrats' acquisition of Sen. Mary Landrieu's (D., La.) support for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Landrieu, critics believe, pledged her vote in exchange for gaining $200 million additional federal funds for Louisiana's Medicaid program. Except that, due to a drafting error, the law ended up giving Louisiana $4.3 billion in extra Medicaid funds -- more than twenty times the assigned amount. How this happened, and how Congress failed to fully fix it, is a microcosm of our new health law's many flaws."""

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...doggle/254003/

List of other payoffs to get enough votes to pass.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/2...-cloture-vote/
Thanks. Do you also have sources of the "hearings" held about the AHCA?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks. Do you also have sources of the "hearings" held about the AHCA?
No source from the Senate, but the House held hearings and there were amendments offered.

https://rules.house.gov/bill/115/hr-1628

37 Amendments offered
6 Rules Committee votes
3 Floor votes
4 Other Committee Hearings

That claim about no amendments and no hearings is dishonest, as the House did have hearings and did allow amendments.

The ACA was debated by three House committees and two Senate committees.

The reason there was so much debate and hearing is because the GOP forced it. The Democrats were unable to bypass GOP opposition. As posted before, there were Democrats opposed to obamacare up to and until the administration offered them bribes in exchange for their votes.

Last edited by n david; 06-21-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
No source from the Senate, but the House held hearings and there were amendments offered.

https://rules.house.gov/bill/115/hr-1628

37 Amendments offered
6 Rules Committee votes
3 Floor votes
4 Other Committee Hearings

That claim about no amendments and no hearings is dishonest, as the House did have hearings and did allow amendments.

The ACA was debated by three House committees and two Senate committees.

The reason there was so much debate and hearing is because the GOP forced it. The Democrats were unable to bypass GOP opposition. As posted before, there were Democrats opposed to obamacare up to and until the administration offered them bribes in exchange for their votes.
I'm aware. Many Democrats opposed Obamacare because they felt it wasn't bold enough. They preferred H.R. 676.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm aware. Many Democrats opposed Obamacare because they felt it wasn't bold enough. They preferred H.R. 676.
I know for sure Ben Nelson, D-NE wasn't for single-payer. I nearly voted for Nelson when he ran for Congress, but I refuse to vote for any Democrat, even the very few conservative ones. Most of the one's who opposed obamacare were the "blue-dog" Democrats, not liberal Democrats.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know for sure Ben Nelson, D-NE wasn't for single-payer. I nearly voted for Nelson when he ran for Congress, but I refuse to vote for any Democrat, even the very few conservative ones. Most of the one's who opposed obamacare were the "blue-dog" Democrats, not liberal Democrats.
True. Some are conservative and some are caved to the industry.