Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Sports Arena
Facebook

Notices

Sports Arena For all those who want to talk sports...

Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Son's first day of practice

My oldest son who has been a huge football fan for years and played his sophmore year but decided not to his junior and now senior year decided to join the swim team instead. He told our pastor Sunday and he said well work hard and maybe you can go to the Olympics in London in 2012, but do not forget to take you parents and pastor when you go. =)

Today was his first day of practice and when I picked him up I asked how it went and he said, "that is 10 times harder than football"
I tried to tell him

gotta love a senior in high school
they tend to 'know' everything

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Re: Son's first day of practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
My oldest son who has been a huge football fan for years and played his sophmore year but decided not to his junior and now senior year decided to join the swim team instead. He told our pastor Sunday and he said well work hard and maybe you can go to the Olympics in London in 2012, but do not forget to take you parents and pastor when you go. =)

Today was his first day of practice and when I picked him up I asked how it went and he said, "that is 10 times harder than football"
I tried to tell him

gotta love a senior in high school
they tend to 'know' everything
my son turns 15 on Saturday, I told my husband we could throw out the dictionary, the commentaries, and the computers, because he now "knows" everything... yay us!!!

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Re: Son's first day of practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
my son turns 15 on Saturday, I told my husband we could throw out the dictionary, the commentaries, and the computers, because he now "knows" everything... yay us!!!
Actually we have been lucky. He was very much like that but this past summer and a few bad choices and he has found out that dad and mom are not so dumb and that we really do have his best interst at heart. Plus this past summers youth camp. That boy came back changed. Thank God. Never been one to give us trouble but he had things planned. He came home from camp and confessed what his plans had been and asked us to forgive him. God truly worked on that boy this year. Thank you Jesus. He prays and worships in church now. Where before he never wanted to open worship.

Next second oldest turned 16 on Saturday. That one, GOD HELP me. Hopefully he learns as quickly as his brother.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.