Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

The War on Moms

The Dems have tried to build a case that the GOP is waging a war on women. Then Miss Rosen comes out last week busting on Ann Romney for being a stay at home mom. Then the POTUS responds decrying the words of Rosen. It looks like the whole "war on women" strategy has crashed and burned and the Dems are on the defensive about their "war on moms".

What say ye?

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: The War on Moms

stay at home moms have real jobs but women with children that are on welfare need to get jobs. standard republican hypocrisy.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

I just recently saw the value of a stay-home mom at like $127k. Prolly Yahoo homepage, 4/13/12.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Not riding the train

The Romney camp jumped on that deal in a matter of minutes. As an opportunist he saw he could pull out a narrative to garner sympathy toward himself, using his wife, because he doesn't have the women's vote.

You can be fooled by that, but I am not. The Democrats knew they needed to do damage control because Ann is more likeable than her husband and they couldn't afford to weigh in on this.

It was a clever maneuver, I will give him that. But, since he doesn't mind lying about his fellow candidates, I'm sure anything is kosher for Romney.

Rosen was correct, Ann has no clue what it feels like to struggle economically. She wasn't talking about her children or her motherhood. The right media grabbed the opportunity as well, because it works regardless of substance.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
stay at home moms have real jobs but women with children that are on welfare need to get jobs. standard republican hypocrisy.
Why?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The Romney camp jumped on that deal in a matter of minutes. As an opportunist he saw he could pull out a narrative to garner sympathy toward himself, using his wife, because he doesn't have the women's vote.

You can be fooled by that, but I am not. The Democrats knew they needed to do damage control because Ann is more likeable than her husband and they couldn't afford to weigh in on this.

It was a clever maneuver, I will give him that. But, since he doesn't mind lying about his fellow candidates, I'm sure anything is kosher for Romney.

Rosen was correct, Ann has no clue what it feels like to struggle economically. She wasn't talking about her children or her motherhood. The right media grabbed the opportunity as well, because it works regardless of substance.
I agree. They jumped on the words and missed the meaning. I don't think it's lying, but it is disingenuous which isn't much better.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Not riding the train

Hello, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch! What a flip-flopping........

Quote:
Mitt Romney flashback: Stay-at-home moms need to learn ‘dignity of work’

"While I was governor,” Romney said, “85 percent of the people on a form of welfare assistance in my state had no work requirement. I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless,’ and I said ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving daycare to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...bZJT_blog.html
Oh yeah, my friends and I are sending this to Fox News and especially to Brit Hume! Hahahahahahaha! What a hoot! Hello pot! Meet kettle!

Last edited by Pressing-On; 04-15-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
Do you think most stay at home mom's are supported by the state or by thier husband?
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

I find it not amusing that we have politicians who do not have a clue about the unemployment figures. Many people want work and cannot find it. And if they get a job, it many times is one that is not a livable wage.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Why?
because its a help not a career choice,no more free rides.