Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Marriage Matters
Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Marriage Rejuvenation?

One thing I do is cook and write poetry.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Just read through this thread. Hilarious.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Banned

Buy a bag of chocolate Hershey's Kisses. When she gets cantankerous, throw a hand full at her and back away slowly.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:13 PM
On the road less traveled

Our favorite thing to do together - Take a drive on an old country or logging road together with the windows rolled down. Pack a picnic lunch for two, with a favorite treat. Find a quiet place to spread out a blanket and just sit together, enjoying the picnic, and nature around you. And just talk to each other. No cell phones allowed. (Well, usually where we go, cell phones are useless anyway, no service, lol!)
Old 02-21-2017, 12:27 PM
"Gertie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Buy a bag of chocolate Hershey's Kisses. When she gets cantankerous, throw a hand full at her and back away slowly.
Now that's funny !
Old 02-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

How about Dove , Ghardelli or Godiva chocolates? None of this cheap Nestle or Hershey stuff.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Banned

My family has embraced the Sabbath principle. We start Friday night and end it Saturday evening. Essentially we set aside Friday night and Saturday for family devotions (family altar) and prayer. We also try to plan things to do together as a family. Friday night is like "date night" and we get the kids off to bed and spend personal time together.

It is easy to allow time to get away from you in this hurried rat-race world. Embracing the principle of Sabbath allows us a biblical window of observance to cultivate our spirituality and our family relationships.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Hey, I have to share something private that has developed between me and my lady love that might help somebody renew the fire and passion in their love life. Please don't judge us too harshly. LOL

**DELETED DUE TO UNACCEPTABLE LANGUAGE**

Please don't judge us too harshly. It has worked for us. So, I thought I'd share it, even though it's a bit embarrassing. Spend the day "au naturel"! lol
Unreal. I was taught that gentlemen don't share such things--especially about their wives. When I saw the crudeness of this post, the following verse came to mind:

Ephesians 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 08-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Burk View Post
Unreal. I was taught that gentlemen don't share such things--especially about their wives. When I saw the crudeness of this post, the following verse came to mind:

Ephesians 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Bro, some people just don't have much in the way of wisdom.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Burk View Post

I was just being straight forward, I didn't mean to be crude. We're all adults here, and the topic is a mature one. Certainly if we're going to talk about marriage rejuvenation the subject of sex, intimacy, play, and re-igniting that original spark will come up. What are we going to recommend, going to the zoo? I truly didn't mean to offend any virgin ears. lol

The verse you quoted in context reads...
Ephesians 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
This is sad, because it reveals what you were taught concerning sex and marital intimacy. First, this verse isn't about discussing marital intimacy. It is about talking about those things which are done by the wicked in the privacy of darkness. Second, when marital intimacy is mentioned in the Bible, it is mentioned with a mature frankness, and there is nothing unholy, unclean, or dirty about it.
Proverbs 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
And then there is the Hebrew euphemisms in the Song of Solomon.
Song of Solomon 7:8
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
Song of Solomon 2:3
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Love and physical intimacy between a husband and wife is not crude, lewd, or dirty. It's lovely, precious, sacred, joyous, pure, and blessed. When someone gets all "grossed out" or "shocked" about marital intimacy, you can be relatively certain that they don't have a healthy view of this gift of God.
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Closed Thread