Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Marriage Matters
Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Banned

Re: Marriage Rejuvenation?

I would like to say that Esaias, Votivesoul, n_david, and jediwill have respectfully presented areas of concern upon which their disagreements are based when directly engaging me. None of them have personally sought to insult me, malign me, defame me, assassinate my character, mock me, or label me. They understand that while we disagree on some points, the heart of the matter is a difference of perspective and interpretation. And in the process of our communication they have illustrated their perspective and interpretation, allowing me to share my own. And as a result, they have offered sincere, balanced, and respectful food for thought. In addition, they have not sought to "pastor" me or serve as my personal "mentor", personal "teacher", or "guide" on the matter. They have approached it as brothers of like precious faith who have sincere concerns and questions regarding the true benefit or liability of the interpretation and application that I hold. Because of their spirit and approach, I welcome and value their input.

Then there are those who have chosen to become hot-headed concerning my position. These individuals have deliberately sought to insult me, malign me, defame me, assassinate my character, mock me, or label me, personally. They have also done the same to Christina (a woman they don't even know, who isn't even here to defend herself). This, if anything, reveals the inability of these individual posters look at an issue objectively or to deal with one who has a different opinion and/or interpretation than their own. These individuals have also asserted themselves as spiritual authorities in my life, forgetting that this is a discussion forum, not a forum wherein I've solicited for pastoral advice or guidance; after all we all have our own pastors, elders, and counsel. These individuals are the barking dogs, or annoyances, I speak of.

Last edited by Aquila; 09-21-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Aquila, Chris, you and I are not the others having conversations with you.

So, your act is what you would like everyone to believe. It works because everyone else realizes you are a shapeshifter, and they leave it at that. Me, I won't let you go, because you need to stop the masquerade. You know that you have a major problem, and this forum isn't the way out for you. Your home church congregation is a flagrant joke and you also know that. Your life is a walking contradiction, is that an insult? No, because I know you know it to be fact. Save yourself Chris, what Easias is saying and discussing here doesn't condone your live in relationship with your girlfriend making you pancakes in the nude. Bro, you need the check up from the neck up. A get is a dear Jane letter? You always without a doubt post rubbish without taking the time to thoroughly research what in heaven's name you are arguing. One was a private divorce and the other a public example. Dig this, church isn't everyone crammed into a kitchen eating food at one table. All smiling while you take their picture to post on a forum. Church is the assembly that holds you accountable for your behavior good, bad or indifferent. You have none of that, and your personal life and living arrangement screams it.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Aquila, Chris, you and I are not the others having conversations with you.

So, your act is what you would like everyone to believe. It works because everyone else realizes you are a shapeshifter, and they leave it at that. Me, I won't let you go, because you need to stop the masquerade. You know that you have a major problem, and this forum isn't the way out for you. Your home church congregation is a flagrant joke and you also know that. Your life is a walking contradiction, is that an insult? No, because I know you know it to be fact. Save yourself Chris, what Easias is saying and discussing here doesn't condone your live in relationship with your girlfriend making you pancakes in the nude. Bro, you need the check up from the neck up. A get is a dear Jane letter? You always without a doubt post rubbish without taking the time to thoroughly research what in heaven's name you are arguing. One was a private divorce and the other a public example. Dig this, church isn't everyone crammed into a kitchen eating food at one table. All smiling while you take their picture to post on a forum. Church is the assembly that holds you accountable for your behavior good, bad or indifferent. You have none of that, and your personal life and living arrangement screams it.
I think you have a problem comprehending the nature of our fellowship. As it relates specifically to incorporation and licensing our constitution reads:
D. An Elder does not need to be licensed in order to lead his own family, nor does he need to be licensed if his work expands beyond his own household.

E. This fellowship reserves the right to function as a religious network of Christian believers without government intervention and regulation. Since we receive our authority from God and not from man, we will not seek to be recognized by any body of civil government as an officially incorporated institution. Elders are not to be licensed by any state or government body.

F. Elders serving in Christian ministry within this fellowship are to disengage civil marriage from Christian marriage in the performance of pastoral duties. Elders are to refuse to serve as agents of the state in marriage. Elders are to decline from signing government provided marriage licenses and/or certificates. Elders are to ask that couples seek civil marriage separately from any church-related vows, promises, commitments, and/or blessings.
You'd notice that our fellowship is rather libertarian. In fact, we have more in common with "Christian anarchism" than we do "conservative evangelical Christianity". I think you'd lose your mind upon discovering the radical independence our fellowship has. We are not an incorporated, money making, enterprise, or "non-profit" organization. We are the kingdom of God.

Seeing that we are unincorporated and that our elders refuse state ministerial licensing, legally speaking, our elders couldn't sign a marriage license or state marriage certificate if they wished to. And so, they don't. When they blessed us, they did advise us that if we wanted any state recognition or benefits for our union, we were to consider going downtown to the courts and gain a civil marriage.

Fornication is seen as licentious, promiscuous, or exploitive, sexual practices that are outside of the commitment to a spiritual covenant. This would include one night stands, prostitutes, orgies, or intimate rendezvous or trysts between lovers who clearly are not living under the same roof with combined finances and commitment. And yes, those who insist on engaging in such things are not welcome within our fellowship.

Last edited by Aquila; 09-21-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I think you have a problem comprehending the nature of our fellowship. As it relates specifically to incorporation and licensing our constitution reads:
D. An Elder does not need to be licensed in order to lead his own family, nor does he need to be licensed if his work expands beyond his own household.

E. This fellowship reserves the right to function as a religious network of Christian believers without government intervention and regulation. Since we receive our authority from God and not from man, we will not seek to be recognized by any body of civil government as an officially incorporated institution. Elders are not to be licensed by any state or government body.

F. Elders serving in Christian ministry within this fellowship are to disengage civil marriage from Christian marriage in the performance of pastoral duties. Elders are to refuse to serve as agents of the state in marriage. Elders are to decline from signing government provided marriage licenses and/or certificates. Elders are to ask that couples seek civil marriage separately from any church-related vows, promises, commitments, and/or blessings.
You'd notice that our fellowship is rather libertarian. In fact, we have more in common with "Christian anarchism" than we do "conservative evangelical Christianity". I think you'd lose your mind upon discovering the radical independence our fellowship has. We are not an incorporated, money making, enterprise, or "non-profit" organization. We are the kingdom of God.

Seeing that we are unincorporated and that our elders refuse state ministerial licensing, legally speaking, our elders couldn't sign a marriage license or state marriage certificate if they wished to. And so, they don't. When they blessed us, they did advise us that if we wanted any state recognition or benefits for our union, we were to consider going downtown to the courts and gain a civil marriage.

Fornication is seen as licentious, promiscuous, or exploitive, sexual practices that are outside of the commitment to a spiritual covenant. This would include one night stands, prostitutes, orgies, or intimate rendezvous or trysts between lovers who clearly are not living under the same roof with combined finances and commitments. And yes, those who insist on engaging in such things are not welcome within our fellowship.
You miss the point, Ohio no common law recognized, also the United States doesn't require a 501c3 or ministers to be licensed. You a shapeshifter plain and simple. You make an argument for covenant marriage out of one side of your mouth, while preparing to use the state civil law for financial reasons. So, you want me to believe that you trust God for your make believe sign the Bible matrimony, but don't trust Him to take care of everything else? Remember this is coming from the guy who lives in the ghetto? The guy who wife has been a stay at home wife since the day she said I do. You said she was wasting her life, but that is because you need two incomes to make sure you don't live in the ghetto. So, never explained the git, when one is public and one is private. Dear Jane letter? No, not a dear Jane letter, because one was a private giving away and must have a reason given to the parents, or tribal leadership. hence the bedsheet out the window to allow everyone to know what was up.

Aquila did you stand up in your fellowship and testify of you and your girlfriend sipping soup in the nude? Do they condone you telling everyone about your private foolishness?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
You miss the point, Ohio no common law recognized,
We don't claim a common law marriage.

Quote:
also the United States doesn't require a 501c3 or ministers to be licensed.
It wouldn't matter to us if it did. Our elders are still not agents of the state. And our fellowship isn't an incorporation.

Quote:
You a shapeshifter plain and simple. You make an argument for covenant marriage out of one side of your mouth, while preparing to use the state civil law for financial reasons.
A clear and deliberate distortion (lie) of what happened that should be evident to anyone who has paid attention to this thread.

Quote:
So, you want me to believe that you trust God for your make believe sign the Bible matrimony, but don't trust Him to take care of everything else?
Now, you're just begging the question.

Quote:
Remember this is coming from the guy who lives in the ghetto? The guy who wife has been a stay at home wife since the day she said I do.
I'm happy that has worked out for your family.

Quote:
You said she was wasting her life, but that is because you need two incomes to make sure you don't live in the ghetto.
Another lie. I never said that she was wasting her life. I was speaking on behalf of the vast number of women who do wish to have an education and a career. I have no problem with your wife choosing to be a stay at home wife. However, you do seeth at the notion that my wife wishes to have a career and work to help our family afford what we have.

Trust me, you have a bigger issue with my wife's choice to work than I do your wife's choice not to.

Quote:
So, never explained the git, when one is public and one is private. Dear Jane letter? No, not a dear Jane letter, because one was a private giving away and must have a reason given to the parents, or tribal leadership. hence the bedsheet out the window to allow everyone to know what was up.
Ah, that's where you're mistaken. The get was drafted by the husband and given to the wife. If there was an issue to contest, it was taken before the elders of the community, but if not, it was settled. Tradition brought a rabbi on board to review the document. To this day, a civil divorce doesn't equate to a Jewish divorce. Study the agunah. Women in such circumstances are still bound to their husbands according to Jewish law even if a civil court has decreed that they are legally divorced. And this is why it isn't unheard of in Judaism for a ketubah to be blessed by a rabbi outside of civil arrangements in various situations.

Quote:
Aquila did you stand up in your fellowship and testify of you and your girlfriend sipping soup in the nude? Do they condone you telling everyone about your private foolishness?
I think a lot of men might be less uptight their love life was as intimate. Where you see perversion, I see loving intimacy. Your hang-ups are entirely your own. If a couple wishes to have a morning of Edenic bliss, what concern is it of yours, or mine for that matter? Based on the background you've shared with me, I'm certain such loving intimacies are not beyond your understanding. Yet you feign outrage to justify your own personal little war of personal barbs, jabs, and insults, wrapped in the pretense of Christian love, and an authority I never granted you in my life. (At least, I don't remember ever asking you to pastor me.) I'm not sure why you'd do that. Unless, you're jealous. Or, maybe you're just obsessed over the it. And your obsession has almost reached another creepy factor. After all, you've written about it at least 5 times as much as I have.

Last edited by Aquila; 09-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I think a lot of men might be less uptight their love life was as intimate.
Are you that banged up? Bro, what intimacy? You told the story of your french toast flipping girlfriend on a public forum. What is wrong with you? Honestly, what in the name of seriousness is your problem? You told that stupid childish goof ball Height Ashbury reignite your fire story on a public forum. Intimacy my foot, grow up already, people are really going through it in the world. I don't have to have my wife schelp around the house naked to reignite anything. It is a life of relationship, where you have commitment to one spouse. Reignite intimacy? How long you been married? Aquila, remember bottom of the rope, holding onto the knot? Aquila, I don't have a short memory, you obviously deal with life by way of temporary amnesia.

Quote:
Where you see perversion,
No bullet head, I see stupid move by someone who has no idea of protecting his "lady love" Any other woman would of busted you right in the lop. Talking about how she peeled you grapes while you sat like a naked Jabba Desilijic Tiure.

Quote:
I see loving intimacy.
Get off it, so you parade your stupidity for all to see? But, keep in mind it wasn't just you. You couldn't protect the girl. Boy he picked a winner with you. Civil marriage? She should ponder that trip on the tree of woe. I don't know how you all do it in Ohio, but from New York to Texas there are women who would of read their ol man post junk like that about them and would of kicked their boyfriend's head clean off.

Loving intimacy? You live in a world of make believe.

Quote:
Your hang-ups are entirely your own. If a couple wishes to have a morning of Edenic bliss, what concern is it of yours, or mine for that matter?
What are you stupid? You can't be that stupid. Bro, it was NEVER anyone's business, never ever. You Mr Kowabunga Java Man! YOU brought it up, and YOU posted that stuff for us to peruse. It was none of our business, get it?
In the name of Jesus, your girlfriend should pack her bags and run like her head was on fire. Edenic bliss flown up the flag pole for every yokel on the internet to read. Right on Chris, right on. My hang up is dealing with chowder heads and praying that they would man up. Man up and bring back manliness, honor, and conservative Christianity for young men to get a vision. Sadly our country is circling the drain and you are helping to pull the stopper.

Quote:
Based on the background you've shared with me, I'm certain such loving intimacies are not beyond your understanding. Yet you feign outrage to justify your own personal little war of personal barbs, jabs, and insults, wrapped in the pretense of Christian love, and an authority I never granted you in my life. (At least, I don't remember ever asking you to pastor me.) I'm not sure why you'd do that. Unless, you're jealous. Or, maybe you're just obsessed over the it. And your obsession has almost reached another creepy factor. After all, you've written about it at least 5 times as much as I have.
Pastor YOU?

Boy, you done bumped your head? How in the name of sanity can someone pastor someone who isn't pastored by Jesus Christ? Bro, my wish for you is that you wake up. You are your worst enemy, you don't have to worry about me, you shoot your foot clean off on the daily. Obsession with you? NO, I just can't believe what I read come out of your keyboard. It needs to be responded to, and sadly it needs to be dealt with. Aquila/Chris, you need Jesus Christ worse than the breath of life. I hope you get out of that play group you call church, and find an UPCI or Apostolic church.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you that banged up? Bro, what intimacy? You told the story of your french toast flipping girlfriend on a public forum. What is wrong with you? Honestly, what in the name of seriousness is your problem? You told that stupid childish goof ball Height Ashbury reignite your fire story on a public forum. Intimacy my foot, grow up already, people are really going through it in the world. I don't have to have my wife schelp around the house naked to reignite anything. It is a life of relationship, where you have commitment to one spouse. Reignite intimacy? How long you been married? Aquila, remember bottom of the rope, holding onto the knot? Aquila, I don't have a short memory, you obviously deal with life by way of temporary amnesia.

No bullet head, I see stupid move by someone who has no idea of protecting his "lady love" Any other woman would of busted you right in the lop. Talking about how she peeled you grapes while you sat like a naked Jabba Desilijic Tiure.

Get off it, so you parade your stupidity for all to see? But, keep in mind it wasn't just you. You couldn't protect the girl. Boy he picked a winner with you. Civil marriage? She should ponder that trip on the tree of woe. I don't know how you all do it in Ohio, but from New York to Texas there are women who would of read their ol man post junk like that about them and would of kicked their boyfriend's head clean off.

Loving intimacy? You live in a world of make believe.

What are you stupid? You can't be that stupid. Bro, it was NEVER anyone's business, never ever. You Mr Kowabunga Java Man! YOU brought it up, and YOU posted that stuff for us to peruse. It was none of our business, get it?
In the name of Jesus, your girlfriend should pack her bags and run like her head was on fire. Edenic bliss flown up the flag pole for every yokel on the internet to read. Right on Chris, right on. My hang up is dealing with chowder heads and praying that they would man up. Man up and bring back manliness, honor, and conservative Christianity for young men to get a vision. Sadly our country is circling the drain and you are helping to pull the stopper.

Pastor YOU?

Boy, you done bumped your head? How in the name of sanity can someone pastor someone who isn't pastored by Jesus Christ? Bro, my wish for you is that you wake up. You are your worst enemy, you don't have to worry about me, you shoot your foot clean off on the daily. Obsession with you? NO, I just can't believe what I read come out of your keyboard. It needs to be responded to, and sadly it needs to be dealt with. Aquila/Chris, you need Jesus Christ worse than the breath of life. I hope you get out of that play group you call church, and find an UPCI or Apostolic church.
Why don't the Admins ever call you on such brazenly, deliberate, shameless, slanderous, and insulting banter?

This is a discussion forum, not a pastoral counseling forum. You're not my pastor, not even a brother I know. For all I know, the reason why the admins don't call you on your libel is because you're a fake profile, created to just stir things up. Lol

I mean, would be an excellent strategy, and quite funny to those in the know, especially if you get people all worked up with your insults. Lol

Last edited by Aquila; 09-21-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 PM
Banned

Honestly, I think you take me way too seriously.

Remember, this is the internet. Oh, discerning one. Lol

Last edited by Aquila; 09-22-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Why don't the Admins ever call you on such brazenly, deliberate, shameless, slanderous, and insulting banter?

This is a discussion forum, not a pastoral counseling forum. You're not my pastor, not even a brother I know. For all I know, the reason why the admins don't call you on your libel is because you're a fake profile, created to just stir things up. Lol

I mean, would be an excellent strategy, and quite funny to those in the know, especially if you get people all worked up with your insults. Lol
Same reason maybe they didn't call you on mocking me being dragged to a lit stove and being burned by my stepmother when I was a child. You ran with that for quite a few pages, didn't you? That's legalism my boy, a shirt, a tie, and a haircut pales in comparison. You want to debate about skirts, beards, how the ultracons do what they do, and call it legalism. While you within the darkness of your thoughts you do to people in your mind what serial killers carry out in reality. You always play victim which to those who don't know of your shenanigans would quickly swallow. The Admins did their job in the Psychology thread because you let it all hang out. You held nothing back. When you realized what you had done you took a few days off, then came back as pious, barefoot, Chris robed in bloody stigmata.

Chris, you know where you are at, and you like where you are at.

You say some shocking stuff, and you were notified in posts from other posters of what you have said. Women who wear skirts are "easy access" for rapists? Sick? You posted that, Mr piety, but you are on a forum, a public one, one where your posts are here and archived. You would think that would compel you to stay with in the honesty zone. But, no, not you, you are free to tell people they live in ghettos, how you wouldn't allow your family to live in a ghetto, how stay at home wives are losers, and Bernie Sanders was the hope of the world. While I could careless about the later, you are the one who post things to get a rise out of other posters. You know that, but you are a shapeshifter, and you are getting older, hope you allow age to set you in the proper direction, instead of sending you spiraling off into oblivion.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Honestly, I think you take me way too seriously.

Remember, this is the internet. Oh, discerning one. Lol
Oh, another one of Aquila's lame attempt at "I'm really not who you think I am"

Chris this is one of your tools in your tool box? Like the flag of Dixie? Your statement concerning all those who had flown it should be hung for treason? When another poster asked you if blacks who fly the flag should be hung as well, you answer in the affirmative? When challenged on your comments you claim you were only kidding, using hyperbole, and how could we possibly believe you were actually hang someone? That my boy, is placing the blame all on those who oppose you.

Aquila your girlfriend, "lady love" should run from you like her head was on fire.

Seriously.