Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-29-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Re: Will drinking beer send you to hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Food is also on the same level, but food cannot intoxicate someone.

The crushing grapes and its fermentation causes it to turn to alcohol beverage. Wine, and vinegar. Hence the reason the Middle Easterners have fermented foods and dairy. No refrigeration, therefore fermentation process is quick.
At least someone knows a little about the true meaning of wine when spoken of in the bible.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Gluttony is a Latin word which means to scarf down food and drink. Thanksgiving stuffing one’s self would be considered gluttonous. Or you are being a glutton. As Christians we are to be moderate in all things and food and drink is a prime example. Don’t be given to appetite Proverb 23:2 tells us to lose self control with food and drink is the same as slitting your own throat. So, next family get together show some restraint.
Brother, I thought you had me for a minute. I was feeling all convicted.

But I looked up the passage. And you have taken it COMPLETELY out of context.

It doesn’t say one thing about Thanksgiving dinner.

Whew. I’m feeling SO much better!
Old 02-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
At least someone knows a little about the true meaning of wine when spoken of in the bible.
Who doesn't? Kind of hard to keep things from fermenting in the Middle East. There was no refrigeration, look at Korean kimchi, it is placed in a clay pot and buried in the ground. It smells like it has been buried in the ground, but it tastes pretty good. Also yogurt, kefirs they couldn't refrigerate their milks so logically it all became cheeses, kefirs, yogurts, butter milk, butter, and therefore their squeezed juice turned into fermented alcoholic wines, vinegars, and kombuchas (made from fungus).
Old 02-29-2020, 07:56 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
It’s probably worth noting that the consequences of drunkenness, in this age, may be more severe than in the Bible times. As nDavid points out, in the Bible times, if you were sober enough to get on your camel, he might take you home. These days, you may take innocent life. It’s something to think about.
This is a very good point!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 03-02-2020, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Will drinking wine or beer send you to hell? Yes if you do it with no faith.

Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And for everyone's information the bible dose not teach against getting drunk, it teaches against being a drunkard. Big difference. And if anyone would study history just a bit, you would find that until the late 19 century drinking was common with every type of walk of life.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:30 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And for everyone's information the bible dose not teach against getting drunk, it teaches against being a drunkard. Big difference. And if anyone would study history just a bit, you would find that until the late 19 century drinking was common with every type of walk of life.

You know...when we stand in judgement I hope some of us have moments of realization of how wrong we were as those we have condemned with our own words hear the words directly from the Lord,"Well done thou good and faithful servant...enter into the joy of the Lord"

Maybe in that moment the full realization of His mercy and goodness will finally wash over us...
Old 03-02-2020, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Nothing like a drunk full of faith right? Lol I’ve thought I’ve heard it all but this one is another one added to the crazy stuff I heard.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Old 03-10-2020, 06:18 AM
Loren Adkins

Quote:
I is really simple, Paul says if you have faith that what you eat or drink is ok God will not judge you. But to those that do not think it is ok, but they go ahead and eat what they think is wrong then to them it is sin.

Paul also goes on to say that those that do not think it is wrong should not cause a brother that thinks something is wrong to fall into sin by testing there faith by doing something in front of them. He also called the brother that thinks somethings are wrong a weaker brother, I wonder why he does this?
Old 03-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsdrummer View Post
I is really simple, Paul says if you have faith that what you eat or drink is ok God will not judge you. But to those that do not think it is ok, but they go ahead and eat what they think is wrong then to them it is sin.

Paul also goes on to say that those that do not think it is wrong should not cause a brother that thinks something is wrong to fall into sin by testing there faith by doing something in front of them. He also called the brother that thinks somethings are wrong a weaker brother, I wonder why he does this?
Yet Paul ties it all together with if eating pagan sacrifices causes neophytes to stumble, he will eat no more meat as long as the world standeth. Also Paul is dealing with religious ceremony. The partaking of food and drink within the two spheres of the religions, law keeping Israelism, and Paganism. Not drinking beer and martinis at Pastor Snooker’s house.