Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Being Placed in the Right Position on the Job.

Standing on top of a roof and hauling material to the top. We had to get rubber coat in buckets to the top. So, I tided a rope to the buckets and start hauling them up. Now, each bucket is around 90 to 100? Pretty thick stuff, and the buckets are heavy. But let's just say 75 lbs for a 5 gallon bucket. When you hoist you have to pull the rope hand over hand straight up without hitting the scaffold or the building. Didn't have a scaffolding gin wheel so it was going to be lifting buckets of mud, and even of tools. All by hand. Well, I was on the ground I looked up and saw a young fella trying to hoist a bucket. When he got the bucket an inch off the ground I knew there would be trouble. So, I shouted for him to stop. The thing is, the higher he would of gotten the burden up towards him, the more problematic the situation would become. Dropping this rubberized material isn't an option because of the mess and damage it would make. Some people are just not ready. Some people might never be ready. I do believe the young man will appreciate having a gin wheel on his next job. He'll come to understand how much a problem it is not to have one on a job. But we have to do what we have to do to get the show on the road. The thought came to mind about leadership, ministry, and the brothers and sisters who may never be part of ministry.

Church outreach. Everyone would meet early and have breakfast together. Either tracts or pamphlets, some sort of literature was handed out. Then the leadership would send us off to visit the town folk with a message of evangelism. Yet, some people (although sometime zealous) were not prepared to deal with "strangers" Some people weren't willing to see us. I learned right away, that some were better suited to stay back at the church building and pray for those who went out to "evangelize" Some people are good at "witnessing" some people are just not suited for the job. Some start out not being able to approach people, but as time and the want to kick in they find they can do it. But there are those who NEVER will do it. I said all that to say this, we should not push people to go out knock doors, hand out tracts, or approach "strangers" I never could see what benefit it would be to have someone who wasn't sure of doing something venture out to make a mess. Dropping the bucket from ten feet in the air, to splash all over the place. Having laborers and GC getting upset with the guy all day. I know, that doesn't happen in a church family. But people beat themselves up over a failed attempt at "witnessing" Especially, when someone tells them that "they are to do the work of an Evangelist?" No, they aren't. No matter how timid, or shy, or overzealous one might be, Jesus in His own time will use that person where Jesus sees fit. They might not be able to pull up 80 buckets of rubber mud on top of a job, but sooner or later they will get a gin wheel to help them. Or be placed somewhere else on the job to be even a greater help. Not everyone is an eye, or a hand, doesn't mean they are important to the functioning of the job. They are. We just need them in a different place on the job.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Re: Being Placed in the Right Position on the Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Standing on top of a roof and hauling material to the top. We had to get rubber coat in buckets to the top. So, I tided a rope to the buckets and start hauling them up. Now, each bucket is around 90 to 100? Pretty thick stuff, and the buckets are heavy. But let's just say 75 lbs for a 5 gallon bucket. When you hoist you have to pull the rope hand over hand straight up without hitting the scaffold or the building. Didn't have a scaffolding gin wheel so it was going to be lifting buckets of mud, and even of tools. All by hand. Well, I was on the ground I looked up and saw a young fella trying to hoist a bucket. When he got the bucket an inch off the ground I knew there would be trouble. So, I shouted for him to stop. The thing is, the higher he would of gotten the burden up towards him, the more problematic the situation would become. Dropping this rubberized material isn't an option because of the mess and damage it would make. Some people are just not ready. Some people might never be ready. I do believe the young man will appreciate having a gin wheel on his next job. He'll come to understand how much a problem it is not to have one on a job. But we have to do what we have to do to get the show on the road. The thought came to mind about leadership, ministry, and the brothers and sisters who may never be part of ministry.

Church outreach. Everyone would meet early and have breakfast together. Either tracts or pamphlets, some sort of literature was handed out. Then the leadership would send us off to visit the town folk with a message of evangelism. Yet, some people (although sometime zealous) were not prepared to deal with "strangers" Some people weren't willing to see us. I learned right away, that some were better suited to stay back at the church building and pray for those who went out to "evangelize" Some people are good at "witnessing" some people are just not suited for the job. Some start out not being able to approach people, but as time and the want to kick in they find they can do it. But there are those who NEVER will do it. I said all that to say this, we should not push people to go out knock doors, hand out tracts, or approach "strangers" I never could see what benefit it would be to have someone who wasn't sure of doing something venture out to make a mess. Dropping the bucket from ten feet in the air, to splash all over the place. Having laborers and GC getting upset with the guy all day. I know, that doesn't happen in a church family. But people beat themselves up over a failed attempt at "witnessing" Especially, when someone tells them that "they are to do the work of an Evangelist?" No, they aren't. No matter how timid, or shy, or overzealous one might be, Jesus in His own time will use that person where Jesus sees fit. They might not be able to pull up 80 buckets of rubber mud on top of a job, but sooner or later they will get a gin wheel to help them. Or be placed somewhere else on the job to be even a greater help. Not everyone is an eye, or a hand, doesn't mean they are important to the functioning of the job. They are. We just need them in a different place on the job.
Amen
Old 10-27-2020, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Old 10-27-2020, 08:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I remember hauling tools, bolts, big long 2x8s, 4x4 posts, scaffold boards, a generator, water cooler, etc up about 4-5 stories to the top of cooling towers, with a rope, hand over hand, no pulleys. Would take about 1-2 hours to get it all up. Then have to lower it all back down at the end of the day. Then do it again the next morning. Rinse, repeat.

Ah, those were the days. Thankfully, I often had 1 or 2 guys behind me on the rope helping. Plus a couple angels under the loads, I'm sure.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I remember hauling tools, bolts, big long 2x8s, 4x4 posts, scaffold boards, a generator, water cooler, etc up about 4-5 stories to the top of cooling towers, with a rope, hand over hand, no pulleys. Would take about 1-2 hours to get it all up. Then have to lower it all back down at the end of the day. Then do it again the next morning. Rinse, repeat.

Ah, those were the days. Thankfully, I often had 1 or 2 guys behind me on the rope helping. Plus a couple angels under the loads, I'm sure.

Yes, therefore you know that there are some on the job who you can trust to get it done. But there are those who you wouldn't dream of letting them haul up the generator. I had a nice 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Emphasis on "had a nice" 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Any way I had a brother carry it up a couple flight of stairs. I asked him twice, if he was sure he was up to the job? Then I told him how I wanted him to carry the fan. With ONE MORE PERSON. Unbeknownst to me, he failed to enlist the help of another husky brother as himself. He lifted the fan aloft, and was stopped by an older man. Who asked him "do you need a hand with that son?" Which was followed by the words "look at me, do you think I need any help?" With that being said, he started the climb with my 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Next thing you know, everyone heard the name above names JESUS!!!! The fan got away from him. It broke loose from his brawny mits. With great speed and agility bouncing, crashing, it made its decent. There was another brother heading up the stairs with two buckets of tools. He heard the cry of the panicking individual above him. But more than that, he can hear the sound of the crashing, tumbling, 48" portable drum belt drive fan moving down the stairs pretty fast towards him. The brother at the bottom, dropped the buckets, and hurdled sideways over the bannister. This is all in a home, a very posh home. One that the stairs were carefully protected with nice thick floor paper and tape. Needless to say I caught the fan before it sailed into a mirrored wall. Sometimes people don't know why leadership asks for certain protocols, to be followed. Meaning, the brother heard me tell him WHY I wanted two people to carry MY 48" portable drum belt drive fan up the stairs. Even though the fan had a set of wheels and a handle there is a great possibility it will get away from one guy. Especially on this set of winding staircase. Yet, he believed that he could do it alone. If he would of achieved the climb, he would of never listened to my advise on how to transport my equipment. Because after all, he got'er done and my concerns were nothing. Then he would of been more puzzled that after he got the fan up the stairs alone, and in one piece. I then would tell him NEVER to touch my equipment again, if he can't follow what I ask. Because you aren't always on the job, and therefore if the hero makes it to the top of the stairs without destroying anything, when you specifically gave him instruction, God knows what he will do when you aren't around.

I know, I know that isn't what anyone signs up for when they attend a church family. But I listened, I watched, I did things the way I was told by good men, and some bad men. I followed the instruction that worked super well, and instruction that was down right lethal and dangerous. I didn't throw out the baby with the bath water. I learned how to keep injury, and property damage to a minimum. Still people will cut off a finger, drop a bucket of tools from 20 feet up. Accidents happen to the best of church families, and the best of elders. That's why on the job we are all looking out for each other. The old timer asked the brother "do you need a hand with that son?" That's the time when Jesus is opening a door to forego all the drama that is soon to go down. I have heard it said, "many hands, makes for lite work" That is so very true. Whether it is on the job, or in the church family. Everyone giving feedback and ideas to get er done. Everyone working together to help each other with Jesus Christ leading the way. Because His sheep hear His voice and another they will not follow.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:28 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I love this thread, thank you Elder Benincasa
Old 10-28-2020, 04:09 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Yes, therefore you know that there are some on the job who you can trust to get it done. But there are those who you wouldn't dream of letting them haul up the generator. I had a nice 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Emphasis on "had a nice" 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Any way I had a brother carry it up a couple flight of stairs. I asked him twice, if he was sure he was up to the job? Then I told him how I wanted him to carry the fan. With ONE MORE PERSON. Unbeknownst to me, he failed to enlist the help of another husky brother as himself. He lifted the fan aloft, and was stopped by an older man. Who asked him "do you need a hand with that son?" Which was followed by the words "look at me, do you think I need any help?" With that being said, he started the climb with my 48" portable drum belt drive fan. Next thing you know, everyone heard the name above names JESUS!!!! The fan got away from him. It broke loose from his brawny mits. With great speed and agility bouncing, crashing, it made its decent. There was another brother heading up the stairs with two buckets of tools. He heard the cry of the panicking individual above him. But more than that, he can hear the sound of the crashing, tumbling, 48" portable drum belt drive fan moving down the stairs pretty fast towards him. The brother at the bottom, dropped the buckets, and hurdled sideways over the bannister. This is all in a home, a very posh home. One that the stairs were carefully protected with nice thick floor paper and tape. Needless to say I caught the fan before it sailed into a mirrored wall. Sometimes people don't know why leadership asks for certain protocols, to be followed. Meaning, the brother heard me tell him WHY I wanted two people to carry MY 48" portable drum belt drive fan up the stairs. Even though the fan had a set of wheels and a handle there is a great possibility it will get away from one guy. Especially on this set of winding staircase. Yet, he believed that he could do it alone. If he would of achieved the climb, he would of never listened to my advise on how to transport my equipment. Because after all, he got'er done and my concerns were nothing. Then he would of been more puzzled that after he got the fan up the stairs alone, and in one piece. I then would tell him NEVER to touch my equipment again, if he can't follow what I ask. Because you aren't always on the job, and therefore if the hero makes it to the top of the stairs without destroying anything, when you specifically gave him instruction, God knows what he will do when you aren't around.

I know, I know that isn't what anyone signs up for when they attend a church family. But I listened, I watched, I did things the way I was told by good men, and some bad men. I followed the instruction that worked super well, and instruction that was down right lethal and dangerous. I didn't throw out the baby with the bath water. I learned how to keep injury, and property damage to a minimum. Still people will cut off a finger, drop a bucket of tools from 20 feet up. Accidents happen to the best of church families, and the best of elders. That's why on the job we are all looking out for each other. The old timer asked the brother "do you need a hand with that son?" That's the time when Jesus is opening a door to forego all the drama that is soon to go down. I have heard it said, "many hands, makes for lite work" That is so very true. Whether it is on the job, or in the church family. Everyone giving feedback and ideas to get er done. Everyone working together to help each other with Jesus Christ leading the way. Because His sheep hear His voice and another they will not follow.

Need some help totin this fan boss. Its mighty heavy.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:41 AM
New User

So you’re saying she should wear her hair up.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:30 PM
On the road less traveled

We are all given gifts (or talents) to work in the kingdom with...all our giftings are not the same, but they are all equally important. Your roof story is an excellent parable. Good words, Bro. B.