Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: Have you ever lost confidence in leadership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'm an historicist and don't believe there is a gap in Daniel's 70 weeks.

Aside from that, I'm on the outreach team, my focus is outreach and sharing the gospel. When the opportunity presents I will be teaching "Into His marvelous light" bible study.
Sister, regarding the search for truth, I think is correct to not teach what you don’t agree with and also not teach something your congregation doesn’t believe as a whole. For ethical reasons you should limit yourself to teach what you and your congregation as a whole agrees upon. You should also tell your congregation pastor about your differences and that you will focus only on the common things. I think most UPCI pastors won’t freak out as long as you believe in a future tribulation, the physical return of Christ, and the bodily resurrection of the dead.

Regarding the hairdo, some people, especially older ones, may consider the hair down as immodest. In fact, IIRC, some early centuries churches practiced it. I would obey the pastor of your congregation. You want to be in good standing in front of your congregation in a spirit of meekness. Is it an excessive burden?
There is also the possibility of going to another church in the area if things get too hostile for you.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:56 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Ok they teach its sin for a woman to even TRIM their hair because then its no longer "long". Then when its long and untrimmed its to sexy. So the answer is make them wear it in an odd looking bun.

Where does this nonsense end?
You live in denial. You believe that Satan is going to land on the White House lawn in an aircraft and claim he is from another solar system. Your theory? One of your maybes? You offered us an old 1960s television western that had an individual named Trump who was scamming the people to buy magic washers to ward off a meteor storm. Somewhere in the show a wall was mentioned. Therefore you focused on that claiming it was somehow a prediction of Donald Trump becoming president. You also believe that the Logos created the logos.
So, while you have a bunch a goof ball thoughts of your own, one would think you would tread lightly around other nutty ideas. But you don’t. Good grief
Old 10-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Covenant Apostolic

My pastor has stated that you dont have to agree with him on eschatology, but if you don't you can't teach differently.

And yes, I will wear my hair up.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Dispensationalism.

I can go along with the hair thing, but can't teach the 1948 is the greatest fulfillment of prophecy and soon animal sacrifices will return thing.
Then he cannot require you to violate your convictions.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Jesus said before Abraham was that He existed.
True. I am referring to "I am the vine and my Father is the husbandman."
Old 10-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Sister, regarding the search for truth, I think is correct to not teach what you don’t agree with and also not teach something your congregation doesn’t believe as a whole. For ethical reasons you should limit yourself to teach what you and your congregation as a whole agrees upon. You should also tell your congregation pastor about your differences and that you will focus only on the common things. I think most UPCI pastors won’t freak out as long as you believe in a future tribulation, the physical return of Christ, and the bodily resurrection of the dead.

Regarding the hairdo, some people, especially older ones, may consider the hair down as immodest. In fact, IIRC, some early centuries churches practiced it. I would obey the pastor of your congregation. You want to be in good standing in front of your congregation in a spirit of meekness. Is it an excessive burden?
There is also the possibility of going to another church in the area if things get too hostile for you.
I agree with you for the most part. But is this guy going to get offended if she wears her hair down while vacationing in another State? Is it just a platform rule? The latter is reasonable.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post

That’s why you should take any advice on a forum with a grain of salt. Sister Amanah knows here congregation, knows her leadership, and knows herself. Most UPCI pastors won’t freak out? I see the employment of the word “most”? So therefore the advising poster knows that there are some who would freak out? The poster doesn’t know the Sister’s situation, what she may or may not be willing to take on. Or if she will ever think it needful to take it on. Frankly, it’s not our business. Corkscrew may have some good insights to be offered, items which it has tested in its own life. But still while the Sister may want to consider a few of the suggestions. Yet, she is the one living her life.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
True. I am referring to "I am the vine and my Father is the husbandman."
Understood
Old 10-27-2020, 10:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I agree with you for the most part. But is this guy going to get offended if she wears her hair down while vacationing in another State? Is it just a platform rule? The latter is reasonable.
Who knows if he would even care?
Old 10-27-2020, 10:12 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

It’s all a bunch of what ifs.