Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Church school

Does your church have a private school?

Can you describe the following:

1. Number of students
2. Number of teachers
3. Curriculum used
4. Training of teachers
5. Average yearly tuition cost per student
6. Average total yearly cost to operate
7. What role the church plays in financing, hiring, training of staff and faculty, curriculum selection, etc.
8. Areas you think improvement is needed

Anyone?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Re: Church school

Home schooling
Old 02-24-2018, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

1. Number of students
2. Number of teachers
3. Curriculum used
4. Training of teachers
7. What role the church plays in financing, hiring, training of staff and faculty, curriculum selection, etc.

Anyone?
The church in which my father was Pastor had a private school when I was growing up. It closed shortly after I graduated.

1. At its height, about 30. When I graduated, about 18, mostly elementary.
2. Between 3-7, depending on the day.
3. Accelerated Christian Education.
4. I believe the teachers went through some kind of ACE training. They were all volunteers from the church
5. Free to students who attended church.
6. I don't know. Couldn't have been cheap, between curriculum, books, lunch and other activities.
7. It was completely private. All costs were incurred by the church. Staff were volunteers from the church. Training was through ACE.
8. Improvements, IIRC, could have been with knowledge of the staff, especially once our Youth Pastor moved to another city to Pastor a church. For readers who don't know ACE, students work on their own using a workbook, or PACE (Packet of Accelerated Christian Education), it's not instructor-led.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
The church in which my father was Pastor had a private school when I was growing up. It closed shortly after I graduated.

1. At its height, about 30. When I graduated, about 18, mostly elementary.
2. Between 3-7, depending on the day.
3. Accelerated Christian Education.
4. I believe the teachers went through some kind of ACE training. They were all volunteers from the church
5. Free to students who attended church.
6. I don't know. Couldn't have been cheap, between curriculum, books, lunch and other activities.
7. It was completely private. All costs were incurred by the church. Staff were volunteers from the church. Training was through ACE.
8. Improvements, IIRC, could have been with knowledge of the staff, especially once our Youth Pastor moved to another city to Pastor a church. For readers who don't know ACE, students work on their own using a workbook, or PACE (Packet of Accelerated Christian Education), it's not instructor-led.
My child went to a church school just like this one, but the parents paid a small tuition and paid for the cost of materials. His education was excellent. His last year of high school he wanted to transfer to a public school, they tested him and he placed in honors classes. He hated it and transferred back.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

homeschooler
Old 02-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

My daughter currently attends a small charter school. She's in 3rd grade and doing very well.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

The church I Pastor has had a school since the late 60’s or early 70’s. We have about 40 students. I make no issue in church over it. Several in the church home school their children others send them to public schools.
We use Abeka dvd’s. Very excellent. Our tuition is low we do some fund raising. The church bears lots of the cost.
Our teachers are nominally paid.
Our children are getting an exceptional education.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The church I Pastor has had a school since the late 60’s or early 70’s. We have about 40 students. I make no issue in church over it. Several in the church home school their children others send them to public schools.
We use Abeka dvd’s. Very excellent. Our tuition is low we do some fund raising. The church bears lots of the cost.

I home schooled a season until my daughter became smarter than me, and used a Church school where we attended once. Sadly much of my 3 girls education was in Public school.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 02-24-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

1. Number of students
2. Number of teachers
3. Curriculum used
4. Training of teachers

Anyone?
No.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
My last three years of highschool was through Abeka. Good stuff. Ive done ACE and Abeka...I prefer Abeka.