Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Tongues?

I know that most 'message believers' do not believe that tongues is the initial evidence of the Holy Ghost. However, in watching videos of various 'branhamite' church services i have noticed that some are more Pentecostal in their worship than others. Are there ANY branhamite churches that believe speaking in tongues is the evidence? Is it common for many branhamites to ever speak in tongues?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tongues?

Branhamites don't have the Holy Ghost, so any tongue-talking from their camp would be sheer babble, and possibly the unclean mocking spirits inherited from the false prophet leader.

That being said (I couldn't continue any further until that was said), from what I studied of Branham, he stated that tongues was not the evidence because that would make humans into the judges of who has or doesn't have the Holy Ghost.

Why is there a Branham board anyway? He was not Oneness.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

From what I understand, some of his roots were Oneness, but after he started going strange he would fellowship everywhere, then he formed his own group, died, and is now expected to rise again at anytime according to the way that I understand his followers. After all, he claimed to be the second coming of Christ.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChariot View Post
Branhamites don't have the Holy Ghost, so any tongue-talking from their camp would be sheer babble, and possibly the unclean mocking spirits inherited from the false prophet leader.

That being said (I couldn't continue any further until that was said), from what I studied of Branham, he stated that tongues was not the evidence because that would make humans into the judges of who has or doesn't have the Holy Ghost.

Why is there a Branham board anyway? He was not Oneness.
I see you try to degrade WMB, why is that?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
I know that most 'message believers' do not believe that tongues is the initial evidence of the Holy Ghost. However, in watching videos of various 'branhamite' church services i have noticed that some are more Pentecostal in their worship than others. Are there ANY branhamite churches that believe speaking in tongues is the evidence? Is it common for many branhamites to ever speak in tongues?
It's not only in that assembly alone. There is a web site for those who would like to inquire deeper into the teachings and beliefs of his followers. I myself do not support some of the teachings he expounded. He once said in his book he saw Jesus and he was amazed because Jesus was a short fellow. Well, we know that's not true.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Registered Member

First of All

WHAT IS A BRANHAMITE?
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

Secondly I believe the Message that William Branham brought.

ANd to my brother that said that people who believe the Message of WMB, dont have the Holy Ghost, how can you be so sure?
How do you know you even have the Holy Ghost, what is the evidence?
Branham BELIEVED in TONGUES, but he didnt believe they are the INITIAL Evidence of the HOLY SPIRIT, it was one of the gifts of the Spirit that was displayed on the day of Pentecost, and people cna have a gift to speak with tongues.
If you follow the Bible, not everybody spoke in tongues when they were first filled with the Holy Ghost. Its one of the gifts of the Spirit but not a DEFINITE evidence that the Holy SPIRIT Himself LIVES in you. thats the difference. When He LIVES in you then your life changes and you LIVE by the WORD, and you cannot deny the WORD.

God bless you all.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
From what I understand, some of his roots were Oneness, but after he started going strange he would fellowship everywhere, then he formed his own group, died, and is now expected to rise again at anytime according to the way that I understand his followers. After all, he claimed to be the second coming of Christ.
Bro Branham was from the Baptist Church, but yet he disagreed with how they baptized people and many other believes they had. He then fellowshipped mostly with the Pentecostal brethren because up to that time the Pentecostals had the most light concerning the Word, yet HE WAS NOT A PENTECOSTAL, or BAPTIST, OR METHODIST. He belonged to no denomination, but wanted to fellowship with ll brethren and he wanted to see all denominational walls broken down because he knew this broke the fellowship and DENOMINATION was of the DEVIL.
Whenever people ORGANIZED the Holy Spirit left that movement and moved on, because you cannot organize the BODY iof Christ, She is a Mystical Body, that is Borned of the Spirit and by the Word SEED incorruptible. You enter the Body of Christ by the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM. not many LORDS and FAITHS like what we have today.

Bro Branham never claimed to be the Second Coming of Christ, He had a Message to Prepare the Bride for the Second Coming of Christ. He was the last Major Prophet to the Gentiles.

And yes bro Branham will rise at the Voice of the Resurrection together with all the other saints that are dead in Christ, from the Time of bro Paul up to this end Time. This is Biblical.

God bless you brethren
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Coles View Post
...he wanted to see all denominational walls broken down because he knew this broke the fellowship and DENOMINATION was of the DEVIL.
Whenever people ORGANIZED the Holy Spirit left that movement and moved on, because you cannot organize the BODY iof Christ, She is a Mystical Body, that is Borned of the Spirit and by the Word SEED incorruptible. You enter the Body of Christ by the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM. not many LORDS and FAITHS like what we have today.
God bless you brethren
A big amen.