Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Re: Any Message Believers Here?

I believe he went offtrack thinking he was the seventh angel of Revelation and his serpent seed doctrine.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetingplace View Post
Have any of you personally attended a Message/Branham church?
I visited Branham Tabernacle in Jeffersonville, but not for a meeting, and chatted with a Branhamite pastor in New Brunswick, Canada.

I have tons of his sermon booklets as well, and videos and tapes of him preaching.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 07-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Sister Alvear

Serpant seed...has really caused much grief...
I wrote a booklet in Portuguese against His doctrine...mainly serpant seed...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

I'm not convinced either way concerning serpent seed, I'm currently examining the belief.

What's some of the arguments against the doctrine?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetingplace View Post
I'm not convinced either way concerning serpent seed, I'm currently examining the belief.

What's some of the arguments against the doctrine?
Branham argued that Genesis reads Adam knew Eve and she conceived and bare Cain and then again bare Abel. He said one "knowing" but two kids. So the serpent was the father of Cain, not Abel.
Genesis 4:1-2 KJV And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. (2) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
But that is a very flimsy argument. It more plainly implies Adam begat Cain since it mentions Cain right after we read Adam knew Eve.

Then he said Seth was born in the likeness of Adam which it did not say of Cain...
Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
But it never said it of Abel, either!

He claimed when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees that they were of their father the devil, it was literal as though they were from Cain, child of satan. However, EVERYONE is of the devil before they are saved.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Branham argued that Genesis reads Adam knew Eve and she conceived and bare Cain and then again bare Abel. He said one "knowing" but two kids. So the serpent was the father of Cain, not Abel.
Genesis 4:1-2 KJV And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. (2) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
But that is a very flimsy argument. It more plainly implies Adam begat Cain since it mentions Cain right after we read Adam knew Eve.

Then he said Seth was born in the likeness of Adam which it did not say of Cain...
Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
But it never said it of Abel, either!

He claimed when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees that they were of their father the devil, it was literal as though they were from Cain, child of satan. However, EVERYONE is of the devil before they are saved.
His argument was based on this scripture:
John 8
41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

So Branham's arguement was "why would the Jews say they were not born of fornication when Jesus said the devil was their Father?"

What do you guys think? Why did the Jews answer that way?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
His argument was based on this scripture:
John 8
41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

So Branham's arguement was "why would the Jews say they were not born of fornication when Jesus said the devil was their Father?"

What do you guys think? Why did the Jews answer that way?
The Jews said this to Jesus as a slap against Mary being unmarried when she was pregnant, as though her and Joseph fornicated. They contrasted Jesus' birth from their own by allegations of Mary's fornication.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:

My UPC pastor taught that Cain and Abel were twins
Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
My UPC pastor taught that Cain and Abel were twins
I heard that view before also. Branham taught that he hear do fan actual case where a woman had two children in her womb from tow different fathers to verify his belief.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I heard that view before also. Branham taught that he hear do fan actual case where a woman had two children in her womb from tow different fathers to verify his belief.
It has been documented that a woman can bear twins with two different fathers.

It is my understanding of Bro. Branham's teaching that Eve had already been impregnated by satan when she was impregnated by Adam.