Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-19-2018, 06:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Maria Sabina isn't a Christian, to her, any psychoactive elements of a plant are "sacred". Now, the Bible doesn't tell us that any plant was sacred outside of the garden of Eden. So, who's report will you believe?
Genesis 1:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Dominion. Every herb bearing seed, every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, it is freely ours for consumption. That means, these things are ours to be freely eaten or ingested to be for food, to make glad the hearts of men, or for remedy. Nowhere outside of Eden do we see God restrict man's access to a plant.

The propaganda campaign against cannabis has been a great success brining our society to near paranoia over it.
Maria Sabina wasn't a Christian. But she obviously knew more about a demonic spirit world than you.

Your path of logic is tainted by an agenda, which causes you not to think your path through. I noticed that you took Genesis 1:29 and wrested it together with Psalm 104:15? to create a verse to help an agenda, but seriously the two verses have noting to do with medication. Or do they have anything to do with poison mushrooms, poison sumac, or psychedelic mushrooms or reefer. It is ludacris to reason because God didn't teach botany in the scripture that now we can ingest every weed, herb, and plant. Chris, think it through before you post.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Maria Sabina wasn't a Christian. But she obviously knew more about a demonic spirit world than you.
But that is only if you take her as an authority on such a thing. I don't. She's as pagan as a Jack-o-Lantern. My question is... Where in SCRIPTURE do we see a plant called a "spirit" or forbidden as it relates to man's use?

It's a fairly simple question.

Quote:
Your path of logic is tainted by an agenda, which causes you not to think your path through. I noticed that you took Genesis 1:29 and wrested it together with Psalm 104:15? to create a verse to help an agenda, but seriously the two verses have noting to do with medication. Or do they have anything to do with poison mushrooms, poison sumac, or psychedelic mushrooms or reefer.
Okay, let me explain because it might not have been so clear.

God states:
Genesis 1:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Every grass, tree, fruit, and herb bearing seed is ours. No exceptions. If you can find one exception in Scripture (outside of the garden of Eden), I'll duly note it. Please understand, I'm open to change my perspective if presented with something that is beyond one's opinion.

To us, "it shall be for meat", implying consumption. But consumption doesn't entirely have to be eating. We also consume these things as they are related to soaps, ointments, balms, etc..

The acceptable uses seen in Scripture are:
For food - "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." (Genesis 1:29) (See also - Psalm 104:14, and countless others indicating that plants are acceptable as food. But since this isn't in question, I'll refrain from the countless references for brevity.)

For enjoyment, celebration, and blessing - "And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart." (Psalms 104:15) (See also - Deuteronomy 14:26; Ecclesiastes 9:7; Amos 9:14; Isaiah 55:1; Joel 2:19, 24; Joel 3:18; Deuteronomy 7:13; Deuteronomy 11:14)

For remedy - "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." (1 Timothy 5:23) (See also - Isaiah 38:21; Luke 10:34; Jeremiah 8:22; Jeremiah 46:11; Proverbs 31:6)
My point is that biblically speaking, we see wine and strong drink (produced from grapes and grain) mentioned as blessings and as a part of celebration. But as we all know, the Scripture also balances this with warnings against abuse of these intoxicants. I believe we should follow that same principle with any other plant or herb that has intoxicating effects. Without a clear biblical statement of condemnation, the use of any intoxicating plant should clearly be approached the same as one might approach wine or strong drink. If consumed, one must maintain a sense of moderation.

Quote:
It is ludacris to reason because God didn't teach botany in the scripture that now we can ingest every weed, herb, and plant. Chris, think it through before you post.
Good point. I'm not meaning to say that every weed, herb, and plant is good strictly for ingestion. I'm saying, we were given dominion over every plant, weed, and herb for use... be it for ingestion, the making of poisons, the making of soaps and cleansers, salves and balms, the making of medications, the making of simple home remedies, for celebration, etc.

I apologize if I made it sound like everything was for ingestion. I'm only saying that every plant is free for use. And that authority to determine that use is delegated to man.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-19-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 AM
Banned

What did you think of the video of the man who made a healing anointing oil based on the Scripture's description, which included the ingredient, kannabosm (cannabis)? The ointment proved to be rather potent, and its healing effects were rather impressive.

Not to mention the video of the man with Parkinson's who ingested cannabis oil and within minutes his symptoms subsided. Take into consideration, the cannabis oil was far more natural than the synthetic sorcery that the pharmaceutical companies would cook up and pump him full of. And it had a more desirable and positive effect with fewer side effects.

God knows what He's doing. Everything on earth has a purpose for man's benefit. But our experience and research regarding the value of cannabis has suffered due to its prohibition.

I'd like to see a return of the biblical art of the apothecary. The one who served their community by specializing in herbal and natural ointments, perfumes, tonics, balms, incense, medicines, and remedies. Only, the revived art should involve modern research and science in its practice. The pharmaceutical companies (and the doctors who are paid kickbacks to push all these synthetic pills) are killing us.

The sorcerers aren't those seeking natural remedies created by God that grow in the earth for our benefit. The sorcerers are the pharmaceutical companies who are poisoning us for profit.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-19-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Banned

EB,

I'm just curious. Have you been to Amsterdam? If you have, did you go to any of the coffee shops? If you haven't been to Amsterdam, and you decide to go someday, I suggest a place called Barney's Coffeeshop. It's on the up and up and has a good reputation. I promise you that it will be an enlightening experience even if you choose to only be an observer.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-19-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:55 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Says the person who washes their clothes in Round-Up.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:19 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Banned

I know this is very long, but it is quite interesting:

Old 02-28-2018, 05:42 PM
Banned

Wow, this is really indepth:

60 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Medical Marijuana
Medical Studies Involving Cannabis and Cannabis Extracts (1990 - 2014)

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/...ourceID=000884
Old 04-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned

I wonder if the snack food industry got a boost in 4/20. Lol
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

You guys are just looking for an excuse to get high, drunk, etc. otherwise this would be a nonissue. These type of questions and concerns only lead to more ungodliness.