Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Are We Eating Too Much?

I've been "chubby" most of my life. Until the age of 5 or so, I was skinny as a bean pole (and I have the pictures to prove it), then I blossomed out, so to speak. I've been 250-300lbs+ for the past 20-25 years. It's not something that's easy to change. You can't just look at someone who's fat, and assume it's because they pig out all the time or are lazy.

It's not even that I eat a lot (I tend to snack, more than anything), and I enjoy walking (I'll go 30-40 minutes or more one way, then come back). I don't do it as often as I'd like or should, but I do. It's only the past few months that I've begun to lose some weight. Not really sure when it started or why, but I've gone from 310-320, down to under 290. Could be my last job (was really stressing me out). Still, I'm not complaining.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Well if smoking ect is a sin then overeating is too...I do cpr on too many overweight people and its what has motivated me to change my eating habits and lose weight.Ive lost about 8 pounds in 7 days doing low carb and taking additional fiber supplements and drinking tons of water.Ive been doing it longer than 7 days but 7 days ago is when I went out and bought some scales that would actually weigh me.....I weighed 370 7 days ago and I was so ashamed to even weigh myself because I knew I had gained alot.....Lord willing by Christmas I want to be down to 220.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

I am always hovering between 155 and 160 (this morning I was 159). At my heaviest I was 165 which occurred about 8 months after the wedding. I know, I know, people warned me that would happen, but it was a huge jump from my normal 145 that I had been for years prior.

But as far as eating healthy, lets just say I could eat a lot healthier than I do. I don't eat MUCH and do work out, but I am NOT a "wheat germ and tofu" kinda guy. Shoot, as I sit here in my office with my first of 3 or 4 cans of coke a day I think to myself "would beer be a healthier beverage?"
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 AM
You used to call me Michlow

I lost 90 pounds in two years back in 2009-2010. But then I had a surprise pregnancy at age 36. (after 12 years of infertility) I put on 35 lbs during pregnancy and another 20 in the next 2 years.

Even though losing weight is never easy, It was alot easier when I was single, and had time to cook, shop and exercise!

Oh well, my little miracle was worth it.
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”

― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

So I am thinking of lunch and my options are Taco Bell, 5 Guys, Burger King, In & Out, Panda Express, or Chick Filet. None of them sound good.