Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

Re: Parkersburg, WV

I know we have quite a few down here in Charleston WV too, I can think of 3 UPC, got 1 ALJC, 1 PAW and at least 7 independent.
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
A previous pastor was Delton Smith. He is married to my wife's cousin. The only time I have been to that Church was Father's Day in 1990 (I think it was 1990). At that time Delton and his son, Terry, were pretty strict with the standards. Delton and Jean had rented a tv "monitor" to play a video and he was quick to let us know that it was a "monitor" and did not "receive" tv broadcasts. His on Terry was pastoring a church in NJ and has "relaxed" the "standards." Delton has been retired for a couple years and they live in Dublin, OH which is in the Columbus, OH area. I'm not sure which church they are going to but last I heard it was pastored by "Bro. Cook's grandson."
My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon in Parkersburg at a historic gaslight era hotel downtown called The Blennerhassett. We were on a road trip to Miami to catch a cruise to the Bahamas.

The church in Columbus you're talking about was pastored by Paul Cook, RG's grandson. He has moved to TX and pastors Abundant Life in Plano. The new pastor is Jared Howell, Bruce Howell, UPC Global Mission Director's son. The church is in Westerville, OH.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
God's Son

I work three blocks from that hotel. Grew up with a view of the island in my front yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon in Parkersburg at a historic gaslight era hotel downtown called The Blennerhassett. We were on a road trip to Miami to catch a cruise to the Bahamas.

The church in Columbus you're talking about was pastored by Paul Cook, RG's grandson. He has moved to TX and pastors Abundant Life in Plano. The new pastor is Jared Howell, Bruce Howell, UPC Global Mission Director's son. The church is in Westerville, OH.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorTLArt View Post
I know we have quite a few down here in Charleston WV too, I can think of 3 UPC, got 1 ALJC, 1 PAW and at least 7 independent.
Charleston is in need of a GOOD Church.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
God's Son

I visit Christ Temple in Huntington, WV a few times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
Charleston is in need of a GOOD Church.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 02-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

I learned a bit more of the history of the Apostolic movement in Parkersburg.

Sister Willie Johnson came through preaching revival. Reverend Clair Ruble's parents (may have just been his mother..I'm not sure) came to the Lord and received the Holy Ghost in that revival. Bro Ruble started the Apostolic Hour of Faith in 1950 (according to Sister Ruble's obituary). In 1956 William Branham preached "Hear ye Him" at Bro. Ruble's church. I have heard that there were MANY miracles that took place in that church. It was sometime after that Bro J.C. Cole started his UPCI church in Parkersburg.

Brother Ruble is 95 now.

I wonder if anyone else hear is familiar at all with any of the events surrounding the Pentecostal revival in Parkersburg.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

http://www.messagehub.info/en/read.do?ref_num=56-1215

William Branham preaching "Hear Ye Him" in Parkersburg, WV.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

love this

Old 02-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
[url]
William Branham
An amazing man of God. Unequaled in his prime.