Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sad state of affairs in UPC missions in Mexico

We have been supporting a man who is in a city south of Mexico City. He came out from our church here and has been down there three years.

Where would you be going?

Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

May the Spirit of Wisdom rest on you and guide you in your decision. May the timing and direction become clear and unmistakable. May the lord shower you with blessings in this endeavor.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Sister Alvear

let me encourage you to step out by faith....we have been faith missionaries for 45 years and He takes care of us...would He that calls do not the same for you?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement. We will be taking a trip to Mexico to "make tents" and lay the ground work for our official move to that country. I will keep you posted.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Sister Alvear

You certainly are in our prayers...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

May the Lord pave your way with blessing. I pray for great success with many souls saved and ministry multiplied.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Know this what ever God does He does well!

2 Kings 3:16-20

16 and he said, “This is what the Lord says: I will fill this valley with pools of water.
17 For this is what the Lord says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink.
18 This is an easy thing in the eyes of the Lord; he will also deliver Moab into your hands.
19 You will overthrow every fortified city and every major town. You will cut down every good tree, stop up all the springs, and ruin every good field with stones.”
20 The next morning, about the time for offering the sacrifice, there it was—water flowing from the direction of Edom! And the land was filled with water.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.

Last edited by navygoat1998; 05-12-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:52 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Really makes me want to cry, and leaves me feeling disillusioned.

a few months ago, all UPCI missionaries were called home from Mexico due to the T.W. Drost situation, and Hazelwwod has terminated all missions there indefinately. My sources from within the World Missions Department made it clear to me that all UPCI missions efforts in Mexico have been shelved with no end in sight to this decision. This means those missionaries who were assured they would be able to return within a few months now must face the grim reality that they have lost their works they dedicated their lives to for so many years, and must find new countries to minister in.

Really? While the rest of the Pentecostal world is pouring money and personell into that country, we are retreating over one man? It makes no sense. I feel it is a huge mistake. They should just bid farewell to Drost and the 50% of Mexican pastors who are following him and officially recognize the "PUMEX" group which is comprised of the other 50% of pastors that have broken off from IPUM.

People have asked me what I'm going to do. Some have encouraged me to go ahead to Mexico as an independent or with GNCM. I have no doubt we could raise the money and I even have many Trinitarians who are pledging support. Others advise me that it could not possibly be God's will since the will of God is always tied to the decisions of the leaders of the organization.

We are heading down there in June anyway to spend the Summer with my wife's family. We will be working in their family business. Perhaps this will be a good time to reflect and find the mind of God on the matter. The first thing God is going to have to help me with is the bad taste all of this leaves in my mouth.

The only hesitation I have about going as an independent is that I don't want to be isolated. I have literally spent over a year in Mexico accumatively since 1999, having taken 16 trips there. But the thought of spending a few months being mentored by a veteran missionary seems very logical and appealing. I realize i'm not as "green" as most who would be going on the mission field, but having a Paul in one's life is always a blessing.

Please pray for us as we ponder these decisions.
So you never went to save Mexico
Old 09-30-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
So you never went to save Mexico
I don't understand the question.