Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Dr. Oz Promotes RFID Microchip Implants For Pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Could you please stop attacking me as a person?
You aren't being attacked, let's not add that as a reason.

Quote:
IDK doesn’t mean I am unsure of my doctrine but that I’m unsure how God is going to fulfill his word in details regarding prophecy. He gives a little bit here and a little bit there and everything will be clear that day.
We aren't even talking about that, nothing on how it is to be fulfilled, but what is the sentence actually saying? Who is the sentence speaking to originally? My lands, do you know how many unchurched secular Joe and Jane on the street see that? Like they see NAME in Matthew 28:19 meaning one NAME.

Quote:

The Jews people had a hard time understanding the prophecies of the messiah.
Except for Nicodemus and the people who agreed with him that Jesus was from God. Look, those who had a hard time with prophecy killed Jesus. Those who didn't became His follower. Pretty easy. But I was asking you to read the verse in light of its age and its audience. Would they expect themselves to figure out something YOU believe is 2,000 years in their future?

Quote:

How is it come he is going to be a king but also be despised and suffer dead? How is it come that he is a man but some prophecies say he is God with us? Some got some stuck on making sense of it, concluding that it will be an anointed king and discharging the rest, that they ended up missing the day of the visitation.
Again, those people screamed crucify didn't understand. Only those who understood the scripture were with Him in the garden. Yet, you were asked to read one verse.

Quote:

I prefer to recognize this and only believe what it is written and add no more, waiting for the clarity to show the day things are fulfill. I believe in the literal method (aka gramatical historical method) of interpreting my Bible, and I can defend it. The school of preterism in all forms have an inconsistent method of interpretation: literal method when it fits, and allegorical when there is a bump in the road. Garbage, the same error of the Alexandrian school.
Ok, group X is wrong in your determination, wonderful. You literalize the whole book of Revelation, fantastic. Ok tell me who was to have wisdom to figure out who the Beast was? The people who the document originally landed in their laps, or no one for 2,000 years later until the advent of technology?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Sweet love of Jesus, Corkscrew, welcome to religion. You have checked your brain at the door and laid the Bible on the floor.
What is this EB?, what are trying to achieve with those offenses. Did I have treat you like that? Did I nick name you offensively? Did I have call you stupid by telling you to "use your brain"? Don't you think that is disrespectful?

Feel free to show dislike for doctrines, but please, it would be great if you stop attacking people.

How is it come you haven't been banned yet with that behavior sir?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You aren't being attacked, let's not add that as a reason.

We aren't even talking about that, nothing on how it is to be fulfilled, but what is the sentence actually saying? Who is the sentence speaking to originally? My lands, do you know how many unchurched secular Joe and Jane on the street see that? Like they see NAME in Matthew 28:19 meaning one NAME.

Except for Nicodemus and the people who agreed with him that Jesus was from God. Look, those who had a hard time with prophecy killed Jesus. Those who didn't became His follower. Pretty easy. But I was asking you to read the verse in light of its age and its audience. Would they expect themselves to figure out something YOU believe is 2,000 years in their future?

Again, those people screamed crucify didn't understand. Only those who understood the scripture were with Him in the garden. Yet, you were asked to read one verse.

Ok, group X is wrong in your determination, wonderful. You literalize the whole book of Revelation, fantastic. Ok tell me who was to have wisdom to figure out who the Beast was? The people who the document originally landed in their laps, or no one for 2,000 years later until the advent of technology?

I don't see what you see in that verse. I do see an encoding, and the original audience probably understood it as they were familiar with the encoding system. The encoding is one more sign of many that will need to be fulfilled.
Probably the name of some Ceasar encoded perfectly to 666, but there are tons of other signs that needed to be fulfilled for that guy to be the beast of revelation.

Quote:
You literalize the whole book of Revelation
The literal method is not literalizing.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
What is this EB?, what are trying to achieve with those offenses. Did I have treat you like that? Did I nick name you offensively? Did I have call you stupid by telling you to "use your brain"? Don't you think that is disrespectful?

Feel free to show dislike for doctrines, but please, it would be great if you stop attacking people.

How is it come you haven't been banned yet with that behavior sir?
Sorry, I would of done it way sooner. I can't pronounce coksiw so I call you corkscrew. First time I posted it in a thread. I should of done it way before. The quote you removed from my post is answering a very religious unthinking statement you made. Which I can only answer by saying you are making a mistake. That mistake is turning your mind over to religion and its mantras which are repeated and never examined. If you want me banned then report the post. Reporting a post should be able to silence any questions to you.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I don't see what you see in that verse. I do see an encoding, and the original audience probably understood it as they were familiar with the encoding system. The encoding is one more sign of many that will need to be fulfilled.
Probably the name of some Ceasar encoded perfectly to 666, but there are tons of other signs that needed to be fulfilled for that guy to be the beast of revelation.

The literal method is not literalizing.
Probably the name of a Caesar?

Do we still have the line of Julian here today?

The reader is told to figure out the number of the beast, the reader is told to do this. The logical interpretation is that the reader originally lived 2,000 years ago, and that reader was told to use a method of interpretation which was commonly used by Greeks and Judeans. The Diaspora Judean would of had no problem figuring out the number name. But my original point is that if they weren't to figure out the name 2,000 years ago, then why aren't they told that? The mark and the number name go together. If they figure out the number name they figure out the meaning of the mark.Simple, it really has nothing to do with eschatology at this point. But reading an ancient document.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 12-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

The school of preterism in all forms have an inconsistent method of interpretation: literal method when it fits, and allegorical when there is a bump in the road. Garbage, the same error of the Alexandrian school.
Yes, because there is no way that multiple authors with multiple purposes and writing styles could ever have their writings combined into one book which would then contain *gasp* both literal and allegorical elements.

Brother, this is how we end up with Satan riding spaceships thru our galaxy. (That was added just for you, Bro. Benincasa.)
Old 12-13-2019, 01:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Yes, because there is no way that multiple authors with multiple purposes and writing styles could ever have their writings combined into one book which would then contain *gasp* both literal and allegorical elements.

Brother, this is how we end up with Satan riding spaceships thru our galaxy. (That was added just for you, Bro. Benincasa.)
Why thank you.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post

Ehud, literal method is not literalizing. Literal method also takes into account figures of speech, styles, historical context, passage context, typology, linguistic elements and all of that. The literal method was used by Jesus, the Apostles and was the most used method by early Christians in Asia minor and Rome. It is also the method used by the UPCI and WPF.

The allegorical method is about looking for hidden meaning in things beyond the obvious meaning of the text. The Champion of it was Origin.

What you are actually describing here "multiple purposes and writing styles" is not the allegorical method.

Last edited by coksiw; 12-13-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Ehud, literal method is not literalizing. Literal method also takes into account figures of speech, styles, historical context, passage context, typology, linguistic elements and all of that. The literal method was used by Jesus, the Apostles and was the most used method by early Christians in Asia minor and Rome. It is also the method used by the UPCI and WPF.

The allegorical method is about looking for hidden meaning in things beyond the obvious meaning of the text. The Champion of it was Origin.

What you are actually describing here "multiple purposes and writing styles" is not the allegorical method.
Then every eschatological thought uses that interpretation. Including the ones you were told to avoid. So, the sentence we were discussing clearly says the following, " In this situation wisdom is needed. Let the person who has insight figure out the number of the beast, because it is a human number. The beast's number is 666." Easy enough, who is the writer trying to reach? Those living at the time of the document, or not? If it is to be fulfilled some time thousands of years in the future, then how can they figure out the name? Or even recognize an individual who will not even be born for thousands of years after their deaths? If it was only meant for people living today, then why were previous generations not notified of this? Wouldn't that be important for the reader, as well as the author?
Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Then every eschatological thought uses that interpretation. Including the ones you were told to avoid.
Thank you.

Quote:
So, the sentence we were discussing clearly says the following, " In this situation wisdom is needed. Let the person who has insight figure out the number of the beast, because it is a human number. The beast's number is 666." Easy enough, who is the writer trying to reach? Those living at the time of the document, or not? If it is to be fulfilled some time thousands of years in the future, then how can they figure out the name? Or even recognize an individual who will not even be born for thousands of years after their deaths? If it was only meant for people living today, then why were previous generations not notified of this? Wouldn't that be important for the reader, as well as the author?
I could certainly be wrong, but as I have been watching Bro. Blume's videos... wasn't Daniel told to seal his book? And wasn't John told not to seal his book? In other words, don't we have a biblical standard for designating when those prophecies were intended?