Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Re: Testimony of Gods healing power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-Larry View Post
HO, I, in no way am saying this in support of WMB. But Mk 6:5 says that in Nazereth, "he could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk and healed them". Even Jesus COULD NOT over ride someone's unbelief. Vs. 7: "And He marvelled because of their unbelief."

Most every christian will say that God can do anything, but He can't .
He can't go against His word. He can't lie or break His word. When He gave mankind dominion over the earth, it gave man the right to make the wrong choices, (e.i. Adam and Eve). So unless some one agrees with and believes God's word, it just won't work for them, No matter if Jesus Himself lays hands on them. If God were to over ride a mankind's will, He would be a liar.
This I agree with, but it's not what the good doctor was referring to in principle. He is saying that Jesus was unable to heal some people like Branham was unable to heal people.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Heavenly ONe.. you said that it was NOT that Jesus COULDNT do miracles and heal them all..... but scriptures say plainly HE COULDN'T
And why couldn't He? Not because He was unable, as you assert. If someone doesn't believe they can or will be healed, they cannot be. God can't do it...but not because He's unable. Unbelief stops God from working in the unbeliever's life.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Pelathais... you stated not everyone was healed in Branhams meetings.... what about Jesus meetings?

But Mk 6:5 says that in Nazereth, "he could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk and healed them". Even Jesus COULD NOT over ride someone's unbelief
There is no verse nor recording that says Jesus prayed over someone or laid hands on them and they weren't healed. Not one. Even in the verse you quote, it says that Jesus did lay hands on a few and they were healed.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Dr. Vaughn

and many others WERE NOT.. the entire premise is this... if there were people in Branhams meetings without faith.. it was impossible for them to be healed.. and like Lazarus if some of them did indeed have faith.. like Lazarus did.. it was not the Will of God for them to be healed at that time.. any argument with that?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

There were folks healed in Branham meetings-Coe's meetings-Allen's meetings-Robert's meetings-Barnes' meetings- hey I have even had one or two healed in meetings I preached but I promise if anyone got their healing JESUS did it.
Speaking of Elder Barnes was there a Barnes Tabernacle?
Not even a Allen Tabernacle? As flamboyant as he was yet NO Allen Tabernacle?

Humility is as humility does. O am so humble if you don't believe it come to Epley Tabernacle and see?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
and many others WERE NOT.. the entire premise is this... if there were people in Branhams meetings without faith.. it was impossible for them to be healed.. and like Lazarus if some of them did indeed have faith.. like Lazarus did.. it was not the Will of God for them to be healed at that time.. any argument with that?
V

A question: Do you go to the Branhamites conventions/meetings?
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Stokes.,, I do if they are not Branhamites... I do not fellowship with Branhamites,, they disgust me.. However I love fellowshipping with those who follow the Message
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Stokes.,, I do if they are not Branhamites... I do not fellowship with Branhamites,, they disgust me.. However I love fellowshipping with those who follow the Message
Ok

I am not in the loop with all the jargon -- what is the difference between the two?
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Branhamites believe Branham was divine, that his every word was God Inspired.. that he was without mistakes of any kind.......

Those of us who "follow the Message" believe in the Message more than the Messenger.. we believe God used Bro. Branham to call the Bride out of the Church System.. to draw her to the Pure Word of God... to prepare for the soon coming rapture.. we believe Bro. Branham indeed was the VOICE that God raised up to bring this message.. However, we do not believe he was divine,, we do not believe he will raise from the dead, we do not believe every word he spoke was divine.....
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Also Stokes.. I just returned from Ohio where 3500 people gathered for a revival meeting... all follow Bro. Branhams message.. yet many of them go to Pentecostal churches because there are no Message Churches in their area