Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Administrator

TBN Taping At Kenneth Phillips Promiseland Church

November 14, 2007, a Wednesday night, there will be a TBN taping at Kenneth Phillips Promiseland Church in Austin, Texas at 7:15 pm.

Featuring Max Lucado and music by Phillips, Craig & Dean. Admission is free.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Urban Pastor

Makes me proud to know him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
November 14, 2007, a Wednesday night, there will be a TBN taping at Kenneth Phillips Promiseland Church in Austin, Texas at 7:15 pm.

That is great! It was my understanding that Max Lucado was CHURCH OF CHRIST years ago - when he first hit stardom. Wonder what he is now? Does anyone know? It just seems strange to me that a COC minister would be in a Pentecostal pulpit! God must be doing some special things in his life.

I think it is so great that after all these years of Bishop Phillips having such a desire to present the Gospel to the whole world and spending millions to do it - TBN spotlights him and PromiseLand! How Great is that! Makes me proud to know him!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
That is great! It was my understanding that Max Lucado was CHURCH OF CHRIST years ago - when he first hit stardom. Wonder what he is now? Does anyone know? It just seems strange to me that a COC minister would be in a Pentecostal pulpit! God must be doing some special things in his life.

I think it is so great that after all these years of Bishop Phillips having such a desire to present the Gospel to the whole world and spending millions to do it - TBN spotlights him and PromiseLand! How Great is that! Makes me proud to know him!
He most certainly is not traditional COC, I enjoy his books. I have seen him on TV at Promiseland West, Randy Phillips church.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Facts about Max Lucado's Church:

http://www.oakhillschurchsa.org/about/faqs/#12

(Considered non-denominational)

I was told he baptizes in the name of Jesus Christ. Not sure though.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Unless something has happened since September a year ago he is still Church of Christ. I attended a memorial service at his church in San Antonio.

He is considered a radical COC within their ranks.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Unless something has happened since September a year ago he is still Church of Christ. I attended a memorial service at his church in San Antonio.

Yes, you are correct on the radical part - but I was not sure he was still considered COC.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Urban Pastor

Thanks so much for all the information - I noticed in his message on Baptism - he references Pentecostal Churches.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the information - I noticed in his message on Baptism - he references Pentecostal Churches.
We had a Charistmatic former Church of Christ minister preach at our church this past Sunday. His name is Don Finto.

One of my pastors best friends is a Church of Christ pastor, Rubel Shelly, who is the minister for the Woodmont Hills Church of Christ here in Nashville.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

Admission is free, lol. Thank God for that. I wish they were nearby so I could attend...though I don't care for Max....maybe I can go out to the concessions stand and get popcorn. PCD and the preaching I would wait for

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Looks as if on their website they consider themselves non-denominational.

It would be a moot point though.

The Church of Christ has no organizational structure such as a headquarters, districts, presbyters, etc. etc.

So Max would never have had a fellowship card to turn in or a board to meet.

He can pretty well call himself whatever he wants.

He could still be "Church of Christ" but of course most of his brethren would not "fellowship" him if they consider him radical.