Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Sad Prayer Request

This evening before church in our ministry / band / tech team meeting we asked the group for prayer requests and the youth pastor asked us to pray for a teenage girl in our church youth group who has a very bad home life and the only bright spot in her life is the church and church youth group who are ministering to her. Now her parents have decided that to punish her they will not allow her to come to church either oh the weekends or for the midweek youth groups / small groups.

I can't imagine parents not wanting their teenage child to do a good thing like attend church and work on being Christ like. It is a crazy world we live in.

Please pray for this young woman. I don't know her name but she lives in Murfreesboro, TN and the Experience Community is her church.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-04-2017, 09:23 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Sad Prayer Request

That is very sad. I will sure say a prayer for this precious girl
and her family.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This evening before church in our ministry / band / tech team meeting we asked the group for prayer requests and the youth pastor asked us to pray for a teenage girl in our church youth group who has a very bad home life and the only bright spot in her life is the church and church youth group who are ministering to her. Now her parents have decided that to punish her they will not allow her to come to church either oh the weekends or for the midweek youth groups / small groups.

I can't imagine parents not wanting their teenage child to do a good thing like attend church and work on being Christ like. It is a crazy world we live in.

Please pray for this young woman. I don't know her name but she lives in Murfreesboro, TN and the Experience Community is her church.
Brother, I know what you mean!

We had a mom that told her daughter that she would rather that her daughter was on the street being a prostitute than going to our church......

Now she is.

What ignorance.

Praying.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:03 AM
On the road less traveled

Will pray! Perhaps the church can get creative by giving her CDs or texting her to keep her encouraged until her situation changes.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Praying that God will soften their hearts, Holy Spirit, do your work...
Old 03-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

My wife first heard about speaking in tongues from a 10 year old Pentecostal girl when she was 16.

She went home and pored over the book of Acts only to be told it was of the devil when she excitedly told her dad.

She had a rough life after that and has been through a lot but I'm pleased to say that she is full of the HolyGhost and living for God now.

God won't lose track of her I promise.

We will be praying.