Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Sage Counsel from the Holy Spirit

Three time in my life and ministry, I have had the Spirit of God speak to me these five words:

"Get out of the way"

The first time I was praying before a service, and the Lord prompted me to understand that if I wanted people to grow and get a chance to serve Him more, then I would have to "get out of the way".

Here, only the principle was being shared.

A couple of years later, the principle became a reality while I was in a tumultuous situation at church. This time not only the principle, but to act on it and actually do it was given to me by God.

So I did. I resigned from all official positions in my local church except for Board member.

I resigned from being the following:

- Sunday School and Nursery Director
- Spanish Ministry Coordinator
- Head Usher and Greeter Ministry
- Home Fellowship Leader
- Pastoral Leadership Team

I gave it all up, realizing so much of the above was "Nehustan".

After I "got out of the way", others stepped up and were given a chance to grow and excel in a way they would have never experienced had I not listened to the Holy Spirit.

The last time was just last week. But it so happened that the counsel was for someone else who was standing in the way and resisting the will of God for someone else's life, namely mine.

Once it was realized, the person confessed and repented and "got out of the way" and God is now having His way.

This may not be for anyone right now, but for down the road, you may need to hear the Lord tell you in love to "Get out of the way".

It has made a world of difference in my walk. Maybe it will make a similar difference in yours.

Peace and God bless,

Aaron

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 11-12-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:07 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Sage Counsel from the Holy Spirit

The spirit of the Lord certainly moves in mysterious ways. I pray the Lord continues to bless and work through the ministry he has for your life.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Banned

I think that we don't listen for God to, or expect God to, speak to us personally enough. The essence of a "personal relationship with God" is communication (prayer). Prayer is more than talking to God... it's also being still and hearing from Him personally regarding the issues and circumstances we face. Yes, we have the witness of the Scriptures. But our understanding and interpretations of the Scriptures are limited and fallible. When the Spirit speaks to you personally about a thing... the matter is settled. I think we fear this finality. We also struggle with allowing the Spirit to lead or guide individuals in ways what we don't understand or agree with personally. I've come to learn that when it comes to the Christian walk we have two witnesses at work. The Word and the Spirit. The Spirit often challenges what we believe we understand regarding the Scripture. But honestly, how else would we grow beyond our human understanding and interpretations without this Spirit led confrontation?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Three time in my life and ministry, I have had the Spirit of God speak to me these five words:

"Get out of the way"

The first time I was praying before a service, and the Lord prompted me to understand that if I wanted people to grow and get a chance to serve Him more, then I would have to "get out of the way".

Here, only the principle was being shared.

A couple of years later, the principle became a reality while I was in a tumultuous situation at church. This time not only the principle, but to act on it and actually do it was given to me by God.

So I did. I resigned from all official positions in my local church except for Board member.

I resigned from being the following:

- Sunday School and Nursery Director
- Spanish Ministry Coordinator
- Head Usher and Greeter Ministry
- Home Fellowship Leader
- Pastoral Leadership Team

I gave it all up, realizing so much of the above was "Nehustan".

After I "got out of the way", others stepped up and were given a chance to grow and excel in a way they would have never experienced had I not listened to the Holy Spirit.

The last time was just last week. But it so happened that the counsel was for someone else who was standing in the way and resisting the will of God for someone else's life, namely mine.

Once it was realized, the person confessed and repented and "got out of the way" and God is now having His way.

This may not be for anyone right now, but for down the road, you may need to hear the Lord tell you in love to "Get out of the way".

It has made a world of difference in my walk. Maybe it will make a similar difference in yours.

Peace and God bless,

Aaron
Mind if I ask for clarification on a point? No ridicule or scoffing. Just a question.

The third time God say "Get out of the way" to you, you said it was for someone else. How did that work, exactly? Did you pass that message from God on to the other person?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I think that we don't listen for God to, or expect God to, speak to us personally enough. The essence of a "personal relationship with God" is communication (prayer). Prayer is more than talking to God... it's also being still and hearing from Him personally regarding the issues and circumstances we face. Yes, we have the witness of the Scriptures. But our understanding and interpretations of the Scriptures are limited and fallible. When the Spirit speaks to you personally about a thing... the matter is settled. I think we fear this finality. We also struggle with allowing the Spirit to lead or guide individuals in ways what we don't understand or agree with personally. I've come to learn that when it comes to the Christian walk we have two witnesses at work. The Word and the Spirit. The Spirit often challenges what we believe we understand regarding the Scripture. But honestly, how else would we grow beyond our human understanding and interpretations without this Spirit led confrontation?
Thephnxman likes this.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
Thephnxman likes this.
Timmy wonders why the Spirit tells different and contradictory things to different people.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

shazeep, too. I have a theory, but I'll wait for some maybe better insight here first
Old 11-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
shazeep, too. I have a theory, but I'll wait for some maybe better insight here first
I'm sure you think it's intentional.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

ya, I'm pretty sure it is!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Timmy wonders why the Spirit tells different and contradictory things to different people.
The Holy Spirit does not/is not contradictory: it is a person's own understanding that gets in the way.