Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
healer, stupidity, tulsa, unhappy

Old 10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
Amos

You know I have utmost respect for you, but how does a man like Godair influence preachers when in some parts of the country he and others like him wouldn't even come because of so called liberal churches or what has been spread about the conference sponsor or host.

For example:
Kenneth Haney has been more than accomdating to have men that he would necessarily agree with over the years, but have the reprocicated, no.
This doesn't change the fact that his influence on the national scale is signifigant.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Superheros are evil...

Quote:
... ...I can't get in the UPC because the guy in my city wont let me, do you think that represents a healthy organization, this happened before the vote, guess what he will most likely leave, now I might if I so choose be able to get into a organization that I owe much to and owes much to me.
Keith, would you like for me to call him and see what he is planning?

Regarding the upc, would you really be willing to sign the AS?
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! (Gal 5:13-15/ NKJV)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by "GL" View Post
Keith, would you like for me to call him and see what he is planning?

Regarding the upc, would you really be willing to sign the AS?
Sure, and I would sign the AS.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
This doesn't change the fact that his influence on the national scale is signifigant.
Yes, his influence is significant and the loss of those guys will have a impact, good or bad.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Amos, truely it is a sad thing to loose men like JG, and so many others. They are great men

but if life has taught me anything, it is that none of us are irreplaceable. Their departure will simple make room for others to step up. This is they way of things.

Sure these guys will be missed. Their influence has been valuable. But there are others who arent going anywhere. there are others that will step up. It is always that way.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, his influence is significant and the loss of those guys will have a impact, good or bad.
This is my point exactly.

Whether you think it is a positive or negative thing, the impact will definitely be considerable.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
again, you are grieved. I acknowlege that.

but it is for what you have lost and not over the UPCI.
And just what have I lost?

I can't see where my life will be any different outside the UPC that it is in.
Da Evangelist

I believe that the greatest preachers are people we have never heard of. Maybe this will bring exposure to them.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Amos, truely it is a sad thing to loose men like JG, and so many others. They are great men

but if life has taught me anything, it is that none of us are irreplaceable. Their departure will simple make room for others to step up. This is they way of things.

Sure these guys will be missed. Their influence has been valuable. But there are others who arent going anywhere. there are others that will step up. It is always that way.
Sure, there will be leadership that will step up.

But their loss will make a difference in the direction and emphasis of the UPC.

I predict that it is going to take a turn to the left.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 AM

I know this debate isn't about the personal convictions of Bro. Haney, but I just spoke to a man who came up with Brother Haney and he said in very endearing terms..."The Bishop isn't as conservative as you think he is, in fact I know for certain he doesn't believe that WE are the only ones who are going to heaven..."

I asked him who is WE, and he said, "Ya know who I am talking about..."