Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Question UPC Report about President Bush

There is a report coming out of the WI district that President Bush received the HG just last month. Apparently a saint out of the Madison, WI church is a horse-dealer who happened to complete a transaction at the Bush ranch in TX recently. During this meeting it was reported that this saint was able to pray ?with/for? President Bush at which time he received the HG.

This report was shared by the former WI-DS during a recent WI minister's conference.... can anyone verify this as being true?

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Weeelll, if it is true, the proof will be in the pudding.
Unless he keeps it hid he just made himself unpopular with the crowd he keeps.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

I heard the same report several months ago...have no idea of how to substantuate if it is true.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Honorary Admin

Well, we ALL know he is "looking our way!"

I can just imagine this individual as he is just about to "lay hands" on the President as about 5 Secret Service guys come out of the wood work, guns drawn! (just a funny thought)
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Well, we ALL know he is "looking our way!"

I can just imagine this individual as he is just about to "lay hands" on the President as about 5 Secret Service guys come out of the wood work, guns drawn! (just a funny thought)
Don't you know it!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator

I always found it ironic that the Presidents who considerd themselves Evangelical were both Southern Baptists (Jimmy "peanut" Carter & Bill Clinton) who hold almost NONE of the values of Evangelicals or Southern Baptists in particular.

On the other hand GWB, who is a Methodist if I recall correctly, has more conservative Evangelical values than either of those guys. He considers himself "born again". He has talked about Christ changing his life when he was at a bad time in it. He opposes gay marriage, abortion, etc. None of which the Southern Baptist Prez's did.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Sister Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
There is a report coming out of the WI district that President Bush received the HG just last month. Apparently a saint out of the Madison, WI church is a horse-dealer who happened to complete a transaction at the Bush ranch in TX recently. During this meeting it was reported that this saint was able to pray ?with/for? President Bush at which time he received the HG.

This report was shared by the former WI-DS during a recent WI minister's conference.... can anyone verify this as being true?
sounds like a big MAYBE here....supposedly Barbara Bush also has the HG...hummm somehow I doubt this...but the thing is getting the HG is only part of the process and is not the end all...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

I have always liked the President. I hope its true. Info from the UPCI is not always good. Remember the Messianic Congregations who were supposed to be getting the Holy Ghost and being baptized in Jesus name?

If he has become a true disciple he will take up the cross follow Jesus and not be ashamed of the gospel. If no public statement is made of the Lordship of Christ I would be leary.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Truth Seeker View Post
sounds like a big MAYBE here....supposedly Barbara Bush also has the HG...hummm somehow I doubt this...but the thing is getting the HG is only part of the process and is not the end all...
Amen STS!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I have always liked the President. I hope its true. Info from the UPCI is not always good. Remember the Messianic Congregations who were supposed to be getting the Holy Ghost and being baptized in Jesus name?

If he has become a true disciple he will take up the cross follow Jesus and not be ashamed of the gospel. If no public statement is made of the Lordship of Christ I would be leary.
Another Amen.