Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:27 PM

3 in 1 - I'M MORE ONENESS THAN YOU ARE ...

OK ... FREE FOR ALL ...

This morning and afternoon a feeding frenzy took place when TB made the following remark last night in THE THREAD ....

Quote:
I just want to say that I feel very uncomfortable with the extreme emphasis that some folks place on the Holy Ghost. One gets the impression that in their thinking the Holy Ghost is our Saviour instead of Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that the Holy Ghost is servant not Saviour. The Holy Ghost leads us to Christ, baptizes us into the Body of Christ, empowers us, and leads and guides us in our walk with Christ, but let's not forget that Jesus Christ is the Saviour and it's in Him we must put our trust!
Swords came out ... and tensions rose high at the prospect that TB made distinctions in the Godhead ....

and so it BEGS TO BE ASKED ...

1. Are there distinctions to be made when we discuss and explain the Godhead?

2. Are some Oneness folks spooked by the usage of Father, Son and Holy Ghost terminology ... especially when used in the same sentence?

3. Must we be able to fully explain God?

4. Does our salvation hinge on our views of the Godhead?

5. Did God die on the cross? - That's WH's question.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

this will be fun to watch.....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

We were once practicing a song in the choir which had a phrase in it which one young man didn't care for. It was too... trinitariany... for him.

I asked him...

Have you been baptized in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Ghost...

He looked at me shocked and exclaimed NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him... you better.

Sure... you have a revelation that lets you know that the name of all these is Jesus but don't react in disgust at the word of God.

You need to live AND love the word.

I still don't think he got it though.

The word is the word and please let me never be found denying the word of God.

You have a potentially good thread here bro.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post

1. Are there distinctions to be made when we discuss and explain the Godhead?

2. Are some Oneness folks spooked by the usage of Father, Son and Holy Ghost terminology ... especially when used in the same sentence?

3. Must we be able to fully explain God?

4. Does our salvation hinge on our views of the Godhead?

5. Did God die on the cross? - That's WH's question.

1. The Father sent the Son. The Father offered the Son as a sacrifice for our sins. We distinguish between offices. Jesus is our High Priest and Jesus is the Lamb of God, yet, the priest offers the lamb. How can that be? Jesus, in the office of priest, offers Jesus, in the office of lamb.

2. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one." If we quote that Scripture (some don't acknowledge it as actual Scripture) we mention all three at once. If we say that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son... we mention two at once. If we say that Jesus has ascended to heaven, sat down on the right hand of the Father, and has poured out the Holy Ghost, we mention three. If we say that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and power..., we mention three. We cant' even quote Scripture without mentioning three. Three what? Three offices, three roles, three masks, three personalities, three personas, three kenoonas, three manifestations? These have all been used by Oneness folks to describe our triune God (another term used by Oneness folks) because we believe that God is a triunity (another term used by Oneness folks).

3. No (in my opinion)

4. No (in my opinion)

5. The One who died on the cross was God manifested (revealed, displayed) in the flesh.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
the ultracon

I have found that most oneness folks are uncomfortable with the language of the bible. Truly Blessed spoke it well..and folks freaked out.

Blessing from God the Father and from his son Jesus Christ to ya all.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
We were once practicing a song in the choir which had a phrase in it which one young man didn't care for. It was too... trinitariany... for him.

I asked him...

Have you been baptized in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Ghost...

Sure... you have a revelation that lets you know that the name of all these is Jesus but don't react in disgust at the word of God.

The word is the word and please let me ever be found denying the word of God.
Is the bolded what you "meant" to say?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Is the bolded what you "meant" to say?
LOL...

Indeed it is NOT.

I will edit that right now.

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
"Trinitarianoia" - I have the disease I suppose and I am quite thankful for it! Thanks for putting a label on it.
Phil Jones, 2/28
Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post

I asked him...

The word is the word and please let me ever be found denying the word of God.

I would contend most OP's dont know thier own doctrine or anyone elses for that matter - GODHEAD stuff is harder than we want to give it credit for - typically oneness folks do one of two things when discussing the GODHEAD - call names or run away -

they dont have to, there are better options but this has been my experience by and large - - now then my statements here will warrant the same question it always does when the OP doctrine is in any way "tainted"

"Are you a trinitarian?"
Old 02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Theophilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
I would contend most OP's dont know thier own doctrine or anyone elses for that matter - GODHEAD stuff is harder than we want to give it credit for - typically oneness folks do one of two things when discussing the GODHEAD - call names or run away -

they dont have to, there are better options but this has been my experience by and large - - now then my statements here will warrant the same question it always does when the OP doctrine is in any way "tainted"

"Are you a trinitarian"
Are you a former CARMite?