Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

[QUOTE=Pro31:28;572275]Were you not around during the LS threads?

Not that I recall, what were those about?

What about the DV ones?

Ditto

I believe that discernment is important,

It is vital!

but I also think that there are some very 'anti-christ' ways that people think of handling it on here. (such as praying for people's downfall)

I guess that depends on what you mean by "Downfall" do you mean their Exposure? If they show every sign of being contrary to the guidelines for the ministry in the Bible then I have no problem with that. And if they are somehow OF GOD, than it really matters little what or how we pray am I right?

This question is not for OP or EB,

What should I tell the son of this man whose tumors are shrinking everyday?

Why would you have to tell him ANYTHING? Are you involved in his day to day life?

(well I will say this, I am not going to do ANYTHING besides continue to pray for his family and his Dad) What would YOU do?

I don't know because as far as I have seen on this thread and I may have missed something, but who is going after that guy? I thought this was about Todd Bentley.

Tell him that God really didn't preform a miracle in his dad?

Now why would you do something that is so malicious and cruel?

This man should have been dead by the end of summer, he was driving his kids today... God honors the faith-ful

Well actually its not the end of summer yet (not that I am desiring him to succumb to cancer,) but so far if that was the prognosis then I see no miracle here. Now come back six years from now and tell me that and I will be so happy to say Praise God for this mans healing! But to credit it to the ministry of Tod Kick em in the head Bentley is a travesty and actually an insult to the man whose faith may well have enabled him to receive the benefits of Jesus healing power..

P.S. Knowing the goodness that IS in Jesus he may very well have seen how despicably and shabbily this man was treated by that charlatan and healed him out of compassion! Thatt would certainly be in line with the Jesus that I know,.

If the ministry of Gods church is prevented from pointing out the wolves that come in amongst us like the men of the New Testament did than woe is the flock. "Watchman on the wall" was a wonderful message dont lets become "watchmen heads buried in the sand".
Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
Were you not around during the LS threads? What about the DV ones? I believe that discernment is important, but I also think that there are some very 'anti-christ' ways that people think of handling it on here. (such as praying for people's downfall)

This question is not for OP or EB,

What should I tell the son of this man whose tumors are shrinking everyday? (well I will say this, I am not going to do ANYTHING besides continue to pray for his family and his Dad) What would YOU do?
Tell him that God really didn't preform a miracle in his dad?
This man should have been dead by the end of summer, he was driving his kids today... God honors the faith-ful
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Imagine that - prophesying, casting out devils, and many wonderful works in the name of Jesus.

But guess what? Jesus NEVER knew them.

I wonder what would happen if someone went to those who had experienced or observed somebody doing MIRACLES in the name of Jesus, and they told them that Jesus doesn't even know this guy?

I wonder if those who experienced or observed those MIRACLES would believe the truth being preached to them that Jesus doesn't even know that guy?

Makes ya think doesn't it?
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Honorary Admin

God is Sovereign and will do whatever He wants and use whoever He wants or whoever allows Him to, to accomplish His purposes in whoever he desires to.

That includes TB and all the other wacky people who have done and said wacky things in the name of Jesus. I have never defended TB or any wacky preacher. However, to say that God can't and doesn't use anyone who doesn't fit their mold is arrogant, IMO. God will undoubtedly judge those who mock Him and pervert His way, but those who do so need God's mercy and their eyes opened to see the error of their ways. It is for that I pray when I hear of these things.

We ALL deserve God's harsh judgment without reservation......but for the grace of God......there go I! Yes, I will pray for their deliverance. I take no delight in the destruction of people even those with whom I disagree vehemently.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Imagine that - prophesying, casting out devils, and many wonderful works in the name of Jesus.

But guess what? Jesus NEVER knew them.

I wonder what would happen if someone went to those who had experienced or observed somebody doing MIRACLES in the name of Jesus, and they told them that Jesus doesn't even know this guy?

I wonder if those who experienced or observed those MIRACLES would believe the truth being preached to them that Jesus doesn't even know that guy?

Makes ya think doesn't it?
The problem is the person performing the miracles, not the ones receiving them. They still get their healing etc. even in the midst of worker not being known by the Lord. That has been the point all along here.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
The problem is the person performing the miracles, not the ones receiving them. They still get their healing etc. even in the midst of worker not being known by the Lord. That has been the point all along here.
Thank You for understanding the posts MOW, I may have to change my vote on the other thread...

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
Were you not around during the LS threads? What about the DV ones? I believe that discernment is important, but I also think that there are some very 'anti-christ' ways that people think of handling it on here. (such as praying for people's downfall)
You are not the only one who posted this, but I have a question.

Why is it wrong to pray for God to bring down a false prophet? Ever heard of Elijah and the 400 prophets of Baal; ever hear of the imprecatory Psalms of David. Let the enemies of God be scattered, and let the righteous prevail.....
Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by U376977 View Post

Why is it wrong to pray for God to bring down a false prophet? Ever heard of Elijah and the 400 prophets of Baal; ever hear of the imprecatory Psalms of David. Let the enemies of God be scattered, and let the righteous prevail.....
I think the difference is that these OT prophets were not proclaiming the one true God Jehovah, but their false gods. Todd Bentley, although totally messed up and wacked out, was proclaiming Jesus is Lord. I guess some good can come from that, because the Word never returns void, even if the prophet is wrong. That's the difference I would see..........and I don't think we should pray for his downfall, but that Jesus would bring him to light.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Yep - the interesting thing is that Elijah and Ahab both came from the same original spiritual heritage; only one of them came from those who took a tangent and rebelled from their God-given leadership and authority and forsook their heritage. They despised their birth-right and snubbed their nose at their spiritual heritage. They forsook the ancient landmarks and for what they stood for. It lead them to being under a whore for a leader who sustained the false prophets at her table. She is the one who wore the pants and not Ahab, imho.
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I think the difference is that these OT prophets were not proclaiming the one true God Jehovah, but their false gods. Todd Bentley, although totally messed up and wacked out, was proclaiming Jesus is Lord. I guess some good can come from that, because the Word never returns void, even if the prophet is wrong. That's the difference I would see..........and I don't think we should pray for his downfall, but that Jesus would bring him to light.
I am not going to get in a big disussion about it but I think there could be a BIG case made for him preaching "another Jesus." JT wrote me that TB preached Oneness on one occasion like any other oneness preacher and I do respect his word, but every time I heard TB what I saw did not reflect the Lord JC that I know. Sorry....
And wether it is right or not....I did pray HARD AND LONG on more than one occasion that God would do whatever necessary to put a stop to what was going on in Lakeland. No, we should not pray that someone fall in sin, but we as true belivers in the Revelation of Jesus Christ we should rise in prayer that God himself raise a standard and stop all such Lakeland disasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post
Yep - the interesting thing is that Elijah and Ahab both came from the same original spiritual heritage; only one of them came from those who took a tangent and rebelled from their God-given leadership and authority and forsook their heritage. They despised their birth-right and snubbed their nose at their spiritual heritage. They forsook the ancient landmarks and for what they stood for. It lead them to being under a whore for a leader who sustained the false prophets at her table. She is the one who wore the pants and not Ahab, imho.
Exactly,
Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load. Galatians 6:1-5

Todd Bentley is having problems with his marriage and has stepped down from ministry. Many are gleefully pointing fingers at him and saying, "See. I told you he was a fake." Others are praying for him, his wife, and his family.

Todd Bentley came from a rough background. When he got saved he spent quite a span of time in many hours of prayer daily. He had a ministry with "signs following" as spoken of in Mark 16.

He has been very high profile in a series of meetings which are called by some a Florida Revival and are called by others a new age freak show. I don't know Todd Bentley's heart. From reading things about him several years ago before he became so high profile I believe he is sincere and wants to be used of God. I'm sure there are things that went on in Florida that were carnal or of the flesh, and things that were even satanic, but there were also blessings and moves of God. Some with whom I am personally familiar were really stirred for God through attending those meetings.

Let's pray for his healing. He doesn't need any one kicking him when he's down. The accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10) is busy doing that.
I guess that depends on your definition of "Brother"

JL