Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: LS to Teach Light Doctrine @ Landmark 2011????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm05 View Post
Why even bother watching any service/sermons (landmark)? It seems to me that it's just to criticize the preacher. There's a lot of people who love Bro Stoneking. I may not agree with everything he says but I am also not going to criticize the man of God. I was taught at a very young age that you do not criticize the man of God even if he is doing wrong. Pray for him; eventully he will have to answer to God. I have noticed for a long time that Bro Stoneking, the Haney's and CLC are a target of negative gossiping. Can you at least for once mention something positive like people receiving the Holy Ghost or those who were healed, etc. Seriously, I don't have to watch soap operas because I just go to AFF and there is plenty of drama queens on here. You don't like how they preach or think they are wrong, then pray for them. AND NO I am not a member of CLC, just kind of bored with the same ol' gossip!!!
JDM, I do agree with your overall premise, except I believe that everyone needs to be held accountable for the words they speak.
I would say that LS is a focal point for some members here.
I have not noticed any targeting of CLC or their leadership.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Why even bother watching any service/sermons (landmark)? It seems to me that it's just to criticize the preacher. There's a lot of people who love Bro Stoneking. I may not agree with everything he says but I am also not going to criticize the man of God. I was taught at a very young age that you do not criticize the man of God even if he is doing wrong. Pray for him; eventully he will have to answer to God. I have noticed for a long time that Bro Stoneking, the Haney's and CLC are a target of negative gossiping. Can you at least for once mention something positive like people receiving the Holy Ghost or those who were healed, etc. Seriously, I don't have to watch soap operas because I just go to AFF and there is plenty of drama queens on here. You don't like how they preach or think they are wrong, then pray for them. AND NO I am not a member of CLC, just kind of bored with the same ol' gossip!!!
I think you will find my posts respectful, that is my home church (I was born and educated there). I value Brother Stoneking's ministry in the past. But as a Pastor/Preacher I found his sermon lacking substance, but irregardless, because of People's expectation and faith, God still blesses. That continues to amaze me!

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Where is this in the Text? NT model of church leadership?

Benny Hinn reports having miracles too. Let's talk more about him too!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Keith View Post
I think you will find my posts respectful, that is my home church (I was born and educated there). I value Brother Stoneking's ministry in the past. But as a Pastor/Preacher I found his sermon lacking substance, but irregardless, because of People's expectation and faith, God still blesses. That continues to amaze me!
I was suprised to hear Haney mention Wigglesworth when he was anti Acts 2:38.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny44 View Post
Yeah, but he was the "healing guru." I've heard many UC's praise Wigglesworth over the years.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
I know, these are great examples of Godly activity, worth emulating, too bad they didn't have anything and weren't saved.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Keith View Post
I know, these are great examples of Godly activity, worth emulating, too bad they didn't have anything and weren't saved.
Should the Church be all about Healing Campaigns?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Should the Church be all about Healing Campaigns?
No, but is a legacy of the Spirit Filled Church.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
OMG ... I just realized Lee would be banned from the masonic preacher forums like AMF and APF !!!!
True.
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Can you explain this?
I just read a book about Smith Wigglesworth and he believed that all Christians should receive the Holy Spirit by speaking in tongues.
The book was "The Secret of his power", by Albert Hibbert, I believe.