Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Saved & Shaved

Demons and the believer

We wrestle not against flesh and blood... ok. What does that mean?

Can a believer be possessed by a demon? I don’t believe so. When I read the epistles I don’t see anything about Christians having demons, or needing deliverance. I don’t read anything about demons being the cause of everything from gluttony to adultery. I read nothing about opening up doors in one’s life that gives “the devil” authority over you.

I do read where sin is addressed. Paul pretty much says, “stop sinning.” Nothing about the stuff I previously mentioned.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: Demons and the believer

I believe spirit filled believers can be oppressed. I do not believe they can be possessed.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post

We wrestle not against flesh and blood... ok. What does that mean?

Can a believer be possessed by a demon? I don’t believe so. When I read the epistles I don’t see anything about Christians having demons, or needing deliverance. I don’t read anything about demons being the cause of everything from gluttony to adultery. I read nothing about opening up doors in one’s life that gives “the devil” authority over you.

I do read where sin is addressed. Paul pretty much says, “stop sinning.” Nothing about the stuff I previously mentioned.

Hey in this sermon he addresses some good stuff that go along the lines of what your asking. He addresses that about half way through the message.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I believe spirit filled believers can be oppressed. I do not believe they can be possessed.
Many people believe that. Do you have any scrptural references?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Covenant Apostolic

A kind of related thought. My Sister won't let anyone lay hands on her, unless she requests them to. She thinks that if their spirit is not right, they will impart whatever isn't right to her.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
A kind of related thought. My Sister won't let anyone lay hands on her, unless she requests them to. She thinks that if their spirit is not right, they will impart whatever isn't right to her.
I've heard this before, and agree that people shouldn't let just anyone lay hands on them and pray for them.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Romans 6:16"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?"
And since 1John 3:8 says "He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." If you are sinning, and if he who sins is of the devil, then you are making yourself a slave unto sin, and therefore you are now a slave unto the devil! So what you do in that case as a free moral agent is give him Dominion over you.

Go to like 34:00 on the video and listen for like 15:00 minutes. That is how it works when you allow the devil to do anything. You are free moral agent and you can allow whatever you want. Whether it be to be to be led by the Spirit or the flesh, which is enticed and tempted, by the devil himself.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 08-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I've heard this before, and agree that people shouldn't let just anyone lay hands on them and pray for them.

Lol

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sure, just finish the verse you referenced...

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Ephesians 6:12..-‬18 KJV
Old 08-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

The Bible says give no "place" to the devil. Place means occupancy in the Greek. The same word that was used when Mary and Joseph found no "room" in the inn.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."