Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
ccm, contemporary, favorite, jesus, song

Old 07-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: What Is Your Favorite Contemporary Christian S

Almost all secular music genres - rock, blues, country, RnB, even hip-hop and rap - were a secular development of two streams: church music, and genuine "folk" music. And folk music was for centuries influenced by church music. So, previously, church music had an impact on secular music.

Now? It's backwards. Secular music is providing impetus and "inspiration" for the music heard in churches now.

Just another sign of the critical condition of society, as modern secular music has been infected with a fast acting foreign viral influence, and the plague has spread to churches as well.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
So neither one of you listen to Christian radio?
I don't. The music is bleh, the "sermons" are usually bleh, too.

We used to tune in to a local Christian station when they'd play old radio dramas for kids or maybe "Stories of Great Christians", and I admit I did enjoy listening to Adrian Rogers every now and then.

But now, overall, it's not worth the effort to turn my radio on. Half of Christian radio sounds just like either the pop stations or alternative "hipster millennial neckbeard full tatted sleeves wanna-be meth head but never got real" so called rock stations, or else like music for a quiet visitation at a funeral home.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Almost all secular music genres - rock, blues, country, RnB, even hip-hop and rap - were a secular development of two streams: church music, and genuine "folk" music. And folk music was for centuries influenced by church music. So, previously, church music had an impact on secular music.

Now? It's backwards. Secular music is providing impetus and "inspiration" for the music heard in churches now.

Just another sign of the critical condition of society, as modern secular music has been infected with a fast acting foreign viral influence, and the plague has spread to churches as well.
Goodness gracious...
Old 07-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
Goodness gracious...
Well, it's true. American "churches" are wanting to sound hip to attract tithe-paying members. Plus they are increasingly being run by boomers who can't believe the Beatles weren't divinely inspired, or hipsters who wouldn't know good music if they were beaten over the head with a Fender Telecaster.

So, yeah.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We used to tune in to a local Christian station when they'd play old radio dramas for kids or maybe "Stories of Great Christians", and I admit I did enjoy listening to Adrian Rogers every now and then.
Do you remember, or did you ever hear the radio drama "Sailor Sam?" There was also a show called Ranger Bill, but I didn't hear that one.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Do you remember, or did you ever hear the radio drama "Sailor Sam?" There was also a show called Ranger Bill, but I didn't hear that one.
Ranger Bill sounds familiar. Our kids liked the Sugar Creek Gang.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Well, it's true. American "churches" are wanting to sound hip to attract tithe-paying members. Plus they are increasingly being run by boomers who can't believe the Beatles weren't divinely inspired, or hipsters who wouldn't know good music if they were beaten over the head with a Fender Telecaster.

So, yeah.

You were supposed to follow with

Great balls of fire 🔥🔥🔥.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

The KLove stations are sponsored by the Billy Graham organization here. The play mostly the pre-packaged stuff put out by the CCM industry, but occasionally they play something that is good. I like much from Casting Crowns, and some other stuff. I like Linken Brewster to some extent, etc. Not fond of at least 80% of whats played on radio. But you can upload your own mix to your phone and sync to the car and make your own station now. I tire of the same songs, Went through a phase where I loved Revelation Song covered by just about anyone.
I grew up in the 60s and 70s, so I'd rather listen to classic rock, but I like blues old and new, some bluegrass, old country, folky stuff, R&B old school, some mix of old meets new (Imelda May)...
Pretty much everything.

I think there is to much lyrical care given to offending no one in new CCM so it all sounds a bit blah sometimes.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Saved & Shaved

Lincoln. Lincoln Brewster. Is he still a thing?
Have you heard his rendition of Shout To The Lord from 2000?
Old 07-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=berkeley;1539330]Lincoln. Lincoln Brewster. Is he still a thing?
Have you heard his rendition of Shout To The Lord from 2000?[/QUOTE

Still out there yeah, that song gets sung at church,. Trying to emulate some of that light overdrive through an AC30 sound he has. I like a little Kirk Franklin on the side too.