Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

When God Hates a Man

I read a scripture on another forum today that made me think.

Proverbs 22:14 (KJV)
The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.

Proverbs 22:14 (NLT)
The mouth of an immoral woman is a dangerous trap; those who make the Lord angry will fall into it.

Proverbs 22:14 (NIV)
The mouth of an adulteress is a deep pit; he who is under the LORD's wrath will fall into it.

This scripture would indicate that it is not the moral failure of a man/woman that God hates, (I am not excusing sin here) but rather it is the result of him/her being hated by God. Reading and studying this scripture has made me examine myself and ask the Lord to reveal any wicked thing in me. I do not want to do, nor neglect to do, anything that would cause the Lord to hate me.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:49 AM

Re: When God Hates a Man

BishopH .... are you asserting that God hates the sin and the sinner?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Yeah, i agree. this is a pretty disturbing point of view to have of God.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 AM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

In the OT God was angry with the sinner everyday, but the heavens were filled with angels when Jesus was born saying, "Peace on Earth goodwill toward men". The war is over. God is not mad at men anymore, He isn't even in a bad mood. The work of Jesus, pacified God's wrath toward men.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-Larry View Post
In the OT God was angry with the sinner everyday, but the heavens were filled with angels when Jesus was born saying, "Peace on Earth goodwill toward men". The war is over. God is not mad at men anymore, He isn't even in a bad mood. The work of Jesus, pacified God's wrath toward men.
Spoken like a true dispensationalist!

- Groucho Marx
Old 03-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Forever Loved Admin

WOW, that is kind of a strange thought. I got upset with my kids when they did something wrong and hated the consequences of their actions, but I never hated THEM. God hates sin but he does not hate His children.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-28-2008, 08:51 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Spoken like a true dispensationalist!

Ah, but a progressive dispensationalist would prob agree w/ you Dave.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
WOW, that is kind of a strange thought. I got upset with my kids when they did something wrong and hated the consequences of their actions, but I never hated THEM. God hates sin but he does not hate His children.
That's the question. Are ALL His children?

- Groucho Marx
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post

Ah, but a progressive dispensationalist would prob agree w/ you Dave.

- Groucho Marx
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
I read a scripture on another forum today that made me think.

Proverbs 22:14 (KJV)
The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.

Proverbs 22:14 (NLT)
The mouth of an immoral woman is a dangerous trap; those who make the Lord angry will fall into it.

Proverbs 22:14 (NIV)
The mouth of an adulteress is a deep pit; he who is under the LORD's wrath will fall into it.

This scripture would indicate that it is not the moral failure of a man/woman that God hates, (I am not excusing sin here) but rather it is the result of him/her being hated by God. Reading and studying this scripture has made me examine myself and ask the Lord to reveal any wicked thing in me. I do not want to do, nor neglect to do, anything that would cause the Lord to hate me.
Why all these scriptures specifically about immoral women? And there is a difference between anger and hate.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV