Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Go Dodgers!

Re: T. Wynn Drost fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
His first letter was received in oct 2011
We werent talking about the letter he received. We are talking about the one sent out to everyone else and posted here

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
they terminated him sent the letter all over the world to the missionaries and he isnt supposed to say anything ? come on, im glad he did ,he needs to stand up for himself
Again they sent that letter to clarify what he said publically

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Again they sent that letter to clarify what he said publically
correct but they sent the letter all over the world informing all that he had been terminated and until they did that (which was unnecssary) he hadnt responded he only responded after they went worldwide.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

My point is they should have kept it in house ,the termination letter to every missionary worldwide was totally unecssary and was the reason he responded
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

The UPC is just a shell of what it used to be. With the internet you don't need the org.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Well we know one thing, either DB or Drost is a liar. And according to canam it's DB.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

No according to my eyes and ears via the vid, letters were sent to all his board members in mexico without his knowledge ,than letters were sent to all missionaries worldwide telling them he had been terminated ,but not telling them why, which left him open to accusations and rumors he then responded with this vid and they responded with a "clarifying"/damage control letter ,it all should have stayed in house ,then no ones reputation would have been impugned which they said was the reason why they wont tell anyone the details ,In fact they impugned his reputation anyway,He is very highly respected in Canada and at least the northeastern part of the US and this is going to cause major damage when the Canadians here this ,its a dumb move on the UPC's part. My prediction is T Wynn will get lots of support privately and anonomously and the Atlantic dist. could be jepordized. Dumb Dumb Dumb, why ? because they have let worse pass for years ie: Tekle's situation in Pakistan.So Bottom line is what was it ? management style ,old school style vs the young turks ? what ??
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No according to my eyes and ears via the vid, letters were sent to all his board members in mexico without his knowledge ,than letters were sent to all missionaries worldwide telling them he had been terminated ,but not telling them why, which left him open to accusations and rumors he then responded with this vid and they responded with a "clarifying"/damage control letter ,it all should have stayed in house ,then no ones reputation would have been impugned which they said was the reason why they wont tell anyone the details ,In fact they impugned his reputation anyway,He is very highly respected in Canada and at least the northeastern part of the US and this is going to cause major damage when the Canadians here this ,its a dumb move on the UPC's part. My prediction is T Wynn will get lots of support privately and anonomously and the Atlantic dist. could be jepordized. Dumb Dumb Dumb, why ? because they have let worse pass for years ie: Tekle's situation in Pakistan.So Bottom line is what was it ? management style ,old school style vs the young turks ? what ??
Okay, there is an 'elephant in the room' that no one is addressing, so I will...

You are SO strenuously defending Bro. Drost, to the point of almost calling Bro. Bernard a liar...

Inquiring minds want to know, why?

Are you kin? Was he once your pastor...long time friend...school chum...fishing buddy...? What's up?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Because we don't know the actual point of contention there is no way to make a judgement as to which party is right or wrong or if both are right and wrong to some degree.

Sadly the only conclusion we can make from the information shared is that the UPCI Global Missions is acting very petty in regard to seeking restitution for the old car and appliances. For me that undermines greatly any moral or ethical high ground they might have regarding the actual issue of contention, whatever that may be.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Because we don't know the actual point of contention there is no way to make a judgement as to which party is right or wrong or if both are right and wrong to some degree.

Sadly the only conclusion we can make from the information shared is that the UPCI Global Missions is acting very petty in regard to seeking restitution for the old car and appliances. For me that undermines greatly any moral or ethical high ground they might have regarding the actual issue of contention, whatever that may be.
You are right but it sure is fun to speculate and gossip.