Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:07 PM
>>Primitive Pentecostal<<

Re: 21st Century Plague: Domineering, Bossy Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I agree with you on this point, Ed, but who's to say a woman cannot be called to be a pastor?
Hmmm, is there scriptural precedent for that?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Anglin View Post
Maybe, but it is still a perversion of scripture isn't it?

Weak men are a perversion. Domineering women are a perversion.
Have you ever done a personality study? Some people are born cholerics, women and men. They naturally have a take charge personality.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, when we guys start treating our wives like Jesus loves the church, and we start loving them as much as we love ourselves, we might just get some respect from them. Maybe some of them are waiting for us to do our part before they try to do their part. Aren't we supposed to take the lead?
Bro. Sam,

I discern that thou art of man of much wisdom!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 12-26-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I'm not saying I disagree with Paul but I might be disagreeing with you! Here's why: it has to do with verse 15 and the implication that this passage has more to do with a godly husband and wife relationship than a submissive role a woman must take within the body of Christ.

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Your interpretaion seems contradictory with Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. ....and with 1 Cor 12. I don't see any distinctions being made by Paul in the body of Christ or in the gifting of the members of the body whether they be male of female.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withall
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Mizpeh, I am amazed that someone as read as you are could misinterpret scripture this horribly. Of course there is to be a distinction between the sexes, and God definitely expects us to fill our role.

Your interpretation of Galatians 3:28 lacks sound hermeneutic application.

We ARE one body as a church. But each individual member is distinct. We are not nameless, faceless, genderless drones.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, when we guys start treating our wives like Jesus loves the church, and we start loving them as much as we love ourselves, we might just get some respect from them. Maybe some of them are waiting for us to do our part before they try to do their part. Aren't we supposed to take the lead?
Best post of the thread!!!!

You are exactly right! The woman wants to be a woman and let the man be the man!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Have you ever done a personality study? Some people are born cholerics, women and men. They naturally have a take charge personality.
Personality shouldn't matter, should it?

What about a person who is born with a violent temper? Are they exused to hurt others?

The idea that it's okay for women to domineer because "we think men are weak-minded, namby-pamby failures" is a creation of a feminazi agenda that has squirreled its way into the church.

I would hazard to say that most men who are accused of such are the victims of domineering women with a feminist agenda.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Personality shouldn't matter, should it?

What about a person who is born with a violent temper? Are they exused to hurt others?

The idea that it's okay for women to domineer because "we think men are weak-minded, namby-pamby failures" is a creation of a feminazi agenda that has squirreled its way into the church.

I would hazard to say that most men who are accused of such are the victims of domineering women with a feminist agenda.
Also, I have seen women who usurp authority from a husband who is supposedly "weak."

They normally don't stop with their relationship with their husband. It normally extends to every male relationship in their life.

Their boss, their sons, their pastor.....
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No.

It appears to me that God is saying that women should not usurp a man's position. In that way, she is subject to God, and man.
Is this scripture applicable for the church, for marriage, for relationships in the world? How would you apply it?

If we were to isolate this passage it might be interpreted in a general way to mean women are to be subject to ALL men in ALL relationships...church, marriage, job, family, school, etc...but is this how Paul views the role of women as a whole?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

We had a pastor who used to say,
"The man is the head,
but
the woman is the neck that turns the head."
Old 12-26-2008, 02:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoL1WfTblc