Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: 21st Century Plague: Domineering, Bossy Women

The late John Rice had a book titled "Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives, and Women Preachers."
Old 12-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Anglin View Post
Personality shouldn't matter, should it?

What about a person who is born with a violent temper? Are they exused to hurt others?

The idea that it's okay for women to domineer because "we think men are weak-minded, namby-pamby failures" is a creation of a feminazi agenda that has squirreled its way into the church.

I would hazard to say that most men who are accused of such are the victims of domineering women with a feminist agenda.
Whatever floats your boat, fella.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
>>Primitive Pentecostal<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Is this scripture applicable for the church, for marriage, for relationships in the world? How would you apply it?

If we were to isolate this passage it might be interpreted in a general way to mean women are to be subject to ALL men in ALL relationships...church, marriage, job, family, school, etc...but is this how Paul views the role of women as a whole?
Define what you mean by "subject to."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Whatever floats your boat, fella.

See, you're getting it already!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

That short video reminded me about a "holiness preacher" I heard about.

One day he preached about modesty and nekkidness with a powerful anointing. Not wanting to give the men a completely free ride, he denounced all men who were seen in public without a shirt on. As the 'nointing reached a fevered pitch, he screamed, "Why, I'd rather see a woman with no blouse than to see a man with no shirt." Not many people were brave enough to jump to their feet and holler amen.

The same holiness preacher one time gave a powerful and emotional altar call. A very well endowed young lady in a very low cut blouse came to the front and stood at the altar right in front of the holiness preacher. He looked down at her with a very stern look on his face and in his most righteous tone rebuked her saying, "young lady, we are holiness folk here and we look down on blouses like that."
Old 12-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Charity! Charity! Charity!

Jesus ministered to woman, children, and man. Many of his followers were woman. When the apostle Paul wrote let the woman be silent he was adressing the issue of that time.

These woman were so excited with the liberty Jesus bestowed upon them they were speaking up on everything! The apostle Paul was instructing them to be quiet and learn BEFORE they spoke up!

Ed; what do think the interpation of Galatins is? (niethier male nor female
Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpreacher View Post
Charity! Charity! Charity!

Jesus ministered to woman, children, and man. Many of his followers were woman. When the apostle Paul wrote let the woman be silent he was adressing the issue of that time.

These woman were so excited with the liberty Jesus bestowed upon them they were speaking up on everything! The apostle Paul was instructing them to be quiet and learn BEFORE they spoke up!

Ed; what do think the interpation of Galatins is? (niethier male nor female
Do you think Paul is nixing the idea of gender distinction?

If so, why would he be so harsh against homosexuality?

Wouldn't homosexuality be acceptable, if God sees neither male or female?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mizpeh, I am amazed that someone as read as you are could misinterpret scripture this horribly. Of course there is to be a distinction between the sexes, and God definitely expects us to fill our role.

Your interpretation of Galatians 3:28 lacks sound hermeneutic application.

We ARE one body as a church. But each individual member is distinct. We are not nameless, faceless, genderless drones.
We are many members of one body. We each are gifted of God. I don't see where Paul distinguishes male and female members of the body of Christ in the gifts. He doesn't even insinuate in 1 Cor 12-14 that only male members are gifted in the ministry five fold ministry which is what you are saying, Women are not allowed to teach.

On a practical level, do you allow women in your church to teach Sunday school or any type of classes to male members of the church?

I'd like to hear your interpretation of Gal 3:28.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoL1WfTblc
Is this where the inspiration for this thread came from?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Is that guy on that video for real?? He should be on Saturday Night Live!! LOL!!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~