Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Re: Marty Ballestero doesn't LIKE facial hair on m

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Wups!
LOL!!! I should have recognized that name as a member of the World Wide Wrestling Pentecostal Fellowship. I have seen it before.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
It keeps good spirit baptized men from believing Oneness Pentecostal Ministers have anything to offer. If they are wrong on such an EASY issue how could they be right about anything else?

That and the "if women trim their hair its a sin" has caused multitudes to utterly reject Oneness truth.

Heck I AM ONENESS and I cant find a Church worth going to!

By the way, who is Marty?
Michael, I am also oneness and have lived in several cities since I left UPC. I also have yet to find a oneness church that does not follow after such traditions of men or if it doesn't - then goes of the map with the craziness of the charismatics.

What church do you go to?
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 06-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
He isn't UPC
MB was in the AMF for years, but got out and joined the UPC back in the 90s.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstokes View Post
Michael, I am also oneness and have lived in several cities since I left UPC. I also have yet to find a oneness church that does not follow after such traditions of men or if it doesn't - then goes of the map with the craziness of the charismatics.

What church do you go to?
Well I hate to say it but I don't attend a local Church. I do believe in the local Church and was an Elder/Pastor for 13 years. For over 10 years until recently I met as a teacher with a group on a voice active chat program Palktalk.com

Last year we did try a local UPC Church. Same old "standards". Added together with pre trib rapture and no vision I could not do it.

I visited an Assembly Of God Church about a month ago on the basis they teach the post trib rapture. Don't see much future for a dogmatic Oneness Pentecostal there! Nonetheless I may visit there occasionally to have something to do.

I am still meeting with various groups of believers on Paltalk. It is there that I have ministered to far more people than anywhere else.

I yet have hope that before I die I will find a solid New Testament Church. How are you making it?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
MB was in the AMF for years, but got out and joined the UPC back in the 90s.
I don't think he is UPC anymore

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Recovering Pharisee

I can give names of current licensed and ordained UPC preachers who believe and preach this same stuff. And while they will tell you the Bible doesn't actually speak negatively about facial hair on men, they still say it is associated with rebellion, worldliness, and thus a focus for 'true apostolic preachers' to keep worldliness out of the church.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Registered Member

Now and then you hear about Oneness groups that are ok with beards. Usually turns out as long as you stay off the "platform".
Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
I don't like facial hair on Pentecostal women.
do you have any scripture for that?

Seriously though, the facial hair police in churches is ludicrous. Is he going to freak out when he gets to heaven and sees bearded men?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Read the comments on the blog--LOL. Just as crazy!

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

Well I hate to say it but I don't attend a local Church. I do believe in the local Church and was an Elder/Pastor for 13 years. For over 10 years until recently I met as a teacher with a group on a voice active chat program Palktalk.com

Last year we did try a local UPC Church. Same old "standards". Added together with pre trib rapture and no vision I could not do it.

I visited an Assembly Of God Church about a month ago on the basis they teach the post trib rapture. Don't see much future for a dogmatic Oneness Pentecostal there! Nonetheless I may visit there occasionally to have something to do.

I am still meeting with various groups of believers on Paltalk. It is there that I have ministered to far more people than anywhere else.

I yet have hope that before I die I will find a solid New Testament Church. How are you making it?
I have tried several options. Over 5 years ago I attended an AOG church that often had spirit baptisms and had a really good men's Sunday school class. I told the assistant pastor that I was oneness and they put me on the black list. After that they were very guarded. I have many young kids, so I want them to have Sunday school interaction. Thus, we go to a large non denominational church, but I am not actively involved.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92