Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

If you leave a church, your out of Gods will ?

It seems over the years i noticed, that if you leave a church for any reason your told by some that your out of Gods will.
....... But when you find a new church your told again, that you in
Gods will your there. I heard Bro jeff arnold preach once againest pentecostal Popes once. He preached that it is gods will that even the lowerest member hear from God Direct. I hear many preach that you need to live for God on your own, but when you do, then you offend some when you do.
Any tips on this subject.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: If you leave a church, your out of Gods will ?

Live for God wherever you are. There are some that can't go to church, and yet the live for God!!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-25-2009, 03:17 PM
A Student of the Word

No matter what one does in life, or in church, you will not please everyone, nor even be accepted by most. If there is a “leading” of the Spirit to go, or to do something, then go and do it! Do not look for conformation in man’s opinions. It is nice when that happens, but we are admonished not to put our trust in any man (or woman, but in God alone.

For those who would say, “your out of God will.”, the simple response is to ask them what is God’s will concerning the lives and ministries of the other members of the congregation. That is, what is this individual’s history as a prophet among the assembly? If the person who is making such a statement concerning you and God’s will is in a leadership position, ask them for their reasoning (spiritual insight and knowledge) for making such a judgment. Are they looking out after your best spiritual interest (and that of those you might minister to) or are they looking out after “their own best interest”, as they perceive that to be?

There is a scriptural foundation for seeking out counsel prior to committing yourself to any course of action or undertaking up a new task. But, the counsel must be “wise counsel”, not just the gathering the opinions from those who have a vested self interest in influencing your decisions!

Finally, what great sin does the scriptures assign to an individual who goes out and actually tests what is perceived to be the leading (instruction) of the Holy Spirit? Who fears what you might discover by your stepping out in faith, and why do these people fear what you might discover? It could be our Lord will be clear and show you that you are NOT to make any changes in your life and/or life style. Will the expected response from your current church be, “See, we told you so!”? Or, will it be, “Thank God you listened to His voice, and welcome home.”? How would you respond if God told you no, don’t make any moves now? Could you handle that as well?

Now, search out your heart and make sure your motives are clear before God. Why are you thinking of making a move? Be honest with yourself. If your conscience is clear before God, and there remains a “spiritual pull” to make a change, then go for it! Test it! And, abide by the results as you understand them to be – in God’s eyes. You might be met with a great deal of hindrance – but do not use in-the-world resistance or circumstances as the standard of measurement, use the word of God and the witness of God’s Spirit to your spirit.

Now, go study and pray.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

I have been around enough to know that "Gods will" as it applies to what church you attend is directly proportional to the amount you give/tithe. At least according to other members/pastors of the church's in question.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Standing fast in liberty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I have been around enough to know that "Gods will" as it applies to what church you attend is directly proportional to the amount you give/tithe. At least according to other members/pastors of the church's in question.
OUCH! Very cynical. Also very true, but cynical.

Six months ago, I would have said the exact same thing. And I do still believe it to be true in many cases, though I realize it is a broad brush statement. I found, though, that maintaining thoughts like this in my mind were poisoning my own walk with God and making me bitter. My family and I have survived years of spiritually abusive treatment. And, while I thank God for having been released from it (we moved on), I also thank God for having the testimony that I do - that God was still able to preserve us in the midst of it. Now, I know how to NOT treat people. And that, IMO, is an extremely valuable lesson.

We had many people tell us we were out of the will of God. People who thought (very vocally, I might add) that we were going to hell because it was a sin to leave the "church" where we were saved. Others just expressed that we were out of God's will for reasons they never specified. None of these people were in leadership positions, and none that I would regard as prophetic (or even spiritual, really). We earnestly sought the Lord for direction and listened to Him alone, though we did have some people we trusted for prayer support and godly counsel. We were patient and careful in our prayers and fastings, and He answered in unmistakable ways - each time with two or three witnesses. God is faithful. Wait on the Lord!

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2.15 KJV
Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

we have some in our area that swap churches every 3 or 4 months..we call the grasshoppers. but for normal folks ,the advise i usally give is ask urself will i grow more spiriitually at that church ,if that answer is yes then go.!no then stay ..
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

my mom always called em IBEW 's , "i been everywheres"
Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyourucky View Post
It seems over the years i noticed, that if you leave a church for any reason your told by some that your out of Gods will.
....... But when you find a new church your told again, that you in
Gods will your there. I heard Bro jeff arnold preach once againest pentecostal Popes once. He preached that it is gods will that even the lowerest member hear from God Direct. I hear many preach that you need to live for God on your own, but when you do, then you offend some when you do.
Any tips on this subject.
of course this was when people were leaving other churches to attend JA's.

every pastor hates to see good people leave....and every pastor loves to see good arrive.

I do believe that being a Christ follower is a much more enjoyable and fulfilling journey when you have a loving pastor/leader and faith community to help you....and you can't establish this kind of faith, trust, and love without sticking around for a while. these things usually take some time.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

stupid question....what does this thread have to do with the WPF?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjen01 View Post
stupid question....what does this thread have to do with the WPF?
Not so stupid...
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)