Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
amusements parks, braceletes, conservative, earrings, facial hair, hell, necklaces, pro-tv, short hair, standards, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, watch, wedding rings

Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

WOW!!!! I think of how the apostle Paul was so clear about now splitting hairs and not "dissing" your brother if he did or did not esteem a certain day or did or did not abstain from certain foods. . . .where is the room for personal conviction and personal consecration? Why do brothers and sisters find it so easy to impose their own "opinions" on one another. With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
Ultra-Con: Three-stepping, holiness-standard-keeping, NO TV, A glass of wine would send you to hell - Feels powerful by controlling - Needs tight box to stay saved.

Cons: Three-steppers and holiness-standard-keeping, closet-TV-watchers

Moderates: Three-stepping, a little jewelry OK, might be able to trim hair, not sure... wholesome TV probably OK...

Liberals : Stays out of others backyards. Probably have strong personal (standard) convictions in some areas, but realizes each Christian has his/her own convictions. Loves his fellow brethren, despite their differences. Believes in the 3-step work, but probably believes you become ONE OF HIS at the point you give him your life. Lets God be the judge, and allows the Holy Ghost to lead and deliver.

Hmmm.... can you guess which one I am???
Backslidden???

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
You don't think???

Herein lies the problem.
You think so,what fellowship does light have with darkness ? I'm not even voting any more.What devil you want to vote for ? Do you pledge the flag ? Do you pledge to all the evil our goverment does ? If so you agree with devils.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
You think so,what fellowship does light have with darkness ? I'm not even voting any more.What devil you want to vote for ? Do you pledge the flag ? Do you pledge to all the evil our goverment does ? If so you agree with devils.
Your post is irrational beyond words.
Base on your logic, it's evil to vote, and evil to pledge allegiance to, and love of, our country?
Spare us.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Your post is irrational beyond words.
Base on your logic, it's evil to vote, and evil to pledge allegiance to, and love of, our country?
Spare us.
He won't.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocanitbe View Post
WOW!!!! I think of how the apostle Paul was so clear about now splitting hairs and not "dissing" your brother if he did or did not esteem a certain day or did or did not abstain from certain foods. . . .where is the room for personal conviction and personal consecration? Why do brothers and sisters find it so easy to impose their own "opinions" on one another. With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?
Thats been a big problem in the church for ever.
People have turned personal conviction [on non-salvational issues] into doctrine that must be obeyed by all.
And those who disagree are lableled all manner of names.
Very sad, and not productive for the Kingdom at all.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
With your logic I am surprised you even go to church. I mean there are no "perfect" churches so why attend one at all?

You are living in a fantasy world if you think a secular government is ever going to be all we want it to be.

You have to chose those who CLOSEST reflect Christian values and then do all you can to see them succeed.

You are deluded beyond words if you think it makes no difference whether a conservative / moderate Republican appoints Federal judges and Supreme Court judges vs. a liberal Democrat.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Backslidden???
Now you know, that just aint right!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
Now you know, that just aint right!!!
:

Old 01-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
With your logic I am surprised you even go to church. I mean there are no "perfect" churches so why attend one at all?

You are living in a fantasy world if you think a secular government is ever going to be all we want it to be.

You have to chose those who CLOSEST reflect Christian values and then do all you can to see them succeed.

You are deluded beyond words if you think it makes no difference whether a conservative / moderate Republican appoints Federal judges and Supreme Court judges vs. a liberal Democrat.
PM incoming........