Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Was every Jew responsible for the crucifixion?
Yes 5 35.71%
No 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Was every Jew responsible for the crucifixion?

Was every single Jew of Christ's day directly responsible for Christ's crucifixion?

Last edited by jfrog; 08-18-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Blume made me clarify
Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Was every Jew responsible for the crucifixion?

In that day alone, yes. Not any Jews since then, though.
Mat 23:31-37 KJV Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. (32) Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. (33) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? (34) Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: (35) That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. (36) Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (37) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 08-18-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
In that day alone, yes. Not any Jews since then, though.
I fixed it for you So you can vote now.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I fixed it for you So you can vote now.
By every Jew do you mean all jews alive in the day He died, or every day since then as well?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
By every Jew do you mean all jews alive in the day He died, or every day since then as well?
Read the first post. I couldn't make the poll question itself so long
Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Was every single Jew of Christ's day directly responsible for Christ's crucifixion?
Yes.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

No.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
No.
I couldn't make the poll question itself long enough. So I hope you read the first post for clarification on what it is about.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Act 2:23 KJV Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Act 2:36 KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Mat 27:25 KJV Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Mat 23:31-37 KJV Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. (32) Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. (33) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? (34) Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: (35) That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. (36) Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (37) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Act 2:40 KJV And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I couldn't make the poll question itself long enough. So I hope you read the first post for clarification on what it is about.
Still, no, I think it's crazy to think all Jews of that day were responsible. Jesus' disciples were Jews.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~