Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

I love him.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

Sam:

No matter how you caveated your comments, they were not appropriate. I don't understand how you can interpret Brother Haney's comments in the manner you have. And then, to make a comparison to the Titanic...that's simply over the top.

You're right, you don't know Brother Haney and you have no idea of the order of magnitude of this crisis. Maybe...just maybe, a little self-control would be in order...and giving Brother Haney the credit due him for a well written expression of his personal feelings about leadership's proper response to the "storm."

WPF is not an iceberg...and the UPCI is NOT the Titanic...but nice try to disparage...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I'm independent but I'm dependent on My Lord,but hey I'm for all of God's children and The Body Of Christ.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Beaux's li'l buddy............

God bless Bro. Haney, and God bless the UPCI.......still the organization that has done more to promote the truth of the Word of God than any other movement in American History.........

To those that leave.........God bless Ya..........go ahead and leave and then do something a little different for a change........LEAVE us alone.........

Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
As a graduate of Christian Life College and a former member of Christian Life Center (About 12 years) I had the privilege of having Rev. Kenneth Haney as my Pastor. I always knew that one day; he would lead the UPC because of his ability to lead our church. After he was elected I made sure that I was there when he preached at General Conference for the first time as the General Superintendent. I told the person that I was sitting with that it was like being home. Bro. Haney was “preaching/pastoring” as he always did on Sunday’s at CLC but now he was “preaching/pastoring” an organization. It was a great moment. He didn’t change who he was just because he was now the GS of the UPCI. He preached like he always had. I know that before he accepted this position, he prayed for God’s will just as he prayed before any other major step in his life. Is he perfect? No, but is anyone? It’s amazing that we can make judgments about people when we don’t have all the information to make that judgment. There is one thing that I do know is that he didn’t need this position to elevate him in the organization and he didn’t need this to make a name for himself. There is something that can be said for a man of God who will stand up for what he thinks is right. I have always been thankful that church was about Jesus and not about an individual. For many years, men in the UPCI tried to get him to run for G.S. but out of respect for his dad, (Clyde Haney), he never would run against Bro. Urshan or Bro. Kilgore. He has always had a great respect for the men who went before him in leading this organization. Progress is made in our culture on a daily basis so we should be able to use all the tools available to us in helping to promote the gospel. The message doesn’t change, just the tools we use to help promote it. It’s all in the attitude, what is the real reason why people do what they do. Some minister because they are called and some minister for other reasons. We need to go back to what ministry is all about, “meeting people at the point of their need”....just my 2 cents...
Thank you sister. Great words

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintMovin View Post

To those that leave.........God bless Ya..........go ahead and leave and then do something a little different for a change........LEAVE us alone.........

This is exactly why some people leave the UPCI......sigh.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Live! Via Satellite

I have been waiting for a response from leadership in this regard. Having poured over thousands (literally) of posts, web pages and blogs on the subject of Res. 4 and the upcoming WPF Summit, I was disheartened to not be able to find an official "declaration" (if you will) of our organization's stance on the Apostolic Summit. My heart swells that this letter has made its way here and I do believe in its true sincerity.

I have not had many opportunities to sit down with those who have held the position of General Superintendent (I attend a UPCI affiliated church. I am not a licensed minister nor do I hold any other credentials with the UPCI). However, this past summer I was honored to sit across the table from this man at a good old fashioned Sunday dinner strictly as a layperson or saint. In approximately 1 1/2 hours, I came to understand and appreciate what kind of leader we currently possess. Bro. Haney truly possesses an understanding of where the UPC has been, where it is now, and where it is headed. Bro. Haney had a deep appreciation for Pentecostal cultures (to quote a previous thread ) of previous generations. It is quite the opposite of what has been campaigned, for lack of a better word, about him leading us away from the old standards of Pentecost.

In short, I am so glad that this letter was given permission to be released. Thanks for bringing it to us, Bro. Phil. I wish it had been sooner, but all the same, I am thrilled to see that our leader has taken a stand.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

What! When you use words like Loyalty, Panic, Fear, Assurance.

You sound like George Steinbrenner telling Billy Martin his job is safe.

History! History!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I have been waiting for a response from leadership in this regard. Having poured over thousands (literally) of posts, web pages and blogs on the subject of Res. 4 and the upcoming WPF Summit, I was disheartened to not be able to find an official "declaration" (if you will) of our organization's stance on the Apostolic Summit. My heart swells that this letter has made its way here and I do believe in its true sincerity.

I have not had many opportunities to sit down with those who have held the position of General Superintendent (I attend a UPCI affiliated church. I am not a licensed minister nor do I hold any other credentials with the UPCI). However, this past summer I was honored to sit across the table from this man at a good old fashioned Sunday dinner strictly as a layperson or saint. In approximately 1 1/2 hours, I came to understand and appreciate what kind of leader we currently possess. Bro. Haney truly possesses an understanding of where the UPC has been, where it is now, and where it is headed. Bro. Haney had a deep appreciation for Pentecostal cultures (to quote a previous thread ) of previous generations. It is quite the opposite of what has been campaigned, for lack of a better word, about him leading us away from the old standards of Pentecost.

In short, I am so glad that this letter was given permission to be released. Thanks for bringing it to us, Bro. Phil. I wish it had been sooner, but all the same, I am thrilled to see that our leader has taken a stand.
Someone needs to call "the old standards of Pentecost" what they are!

They are weights not Standards.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Someone needs to call "the old standards of Pentecost" what they are!

They are weights not Standards.

All of them are NOT weights. There were a good bit of them based on Biblical Principle.