Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: Pastor Jentezen Franklin now Senior Pastor in

I don't know much about this guy.
Is JF Oneness, or does he have Oneness roots?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Go Dodgers!

the man is gonna be awefully tired lol

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

I saw him on TBN couple of times and lately I read "Fasting" which is an incredible book of his. I love the guy because he promotes fasting (among other christian disciplines of course). I spoke to many people who claim to be chirstians about fasting and the moment they heard about it, they wanted nothing to do with me LOL. Anyway I am not here to bug you guys and girls about that, but I couple of days ago heard he was going to be giving a service in OC, CA and looked it up since there is nothing on his site that talks about it when this beautiful forum came up and I right away signed up. Yeah, I am definitely going to try to make it to that service.

Love to all...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHF View Post
I saw him on TBN couple of times and lately I read "Fasting" which is an incredible book of his. I love the guy because he promotes fasting (among other christian disciplines of course). I spoke to many people who claim to be chirstians about fasting and the moment they heard about it, they wanted nothing to do with me LOL. Anyway I am not here to bug you guys and girls about that, but I couple of days ago heard he was going to be giving a service in OC, CA and looked it up since there is nothing on his site that talks about it when this beautiful forum came up and I right away signed up. Yeah, I am definitely going to try to make it to that service.

Love to all...
JF, is an incredible man with an incredible ministry for God. His voice and his influence is certainly reaching a younger generation. Not only is he wise, but he is straightforward and he is not a wishy washy preacher, her preaches strong.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Love to all...
Let us know how the service goes! Welcome to AFF.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Urban Pastor

Free Chapel in Gainesville, Georgia has over 10,000 come thru the doors on a regular Sunday in two services and then Pastor Franklin flies to California for a 6:00 PM service and has about 2,000 there. He is licensed with the Congregational Holiness Church as FC is CH in GA and then he is licensed with the Church of God with Free Chapel in Orange County,CA.
He was just elected to the Council of 18 of the Church of God this week. He has a large family and two incredible churches.
He is a personal friend and my son Nicholas works with him a lot. Nicholas told me last week - he and Pastor Franklin were playing basketball last week and he stepped on JF foot and like to have broke his ankle. He is a great man of prayer and fasting. I esteem him highly. He says the men that influence him the most are T.F. Tenney, Tommy Tenney and Steve Muncie.

Pastor Jentezen Franklin and Free Chapel is at www.Freechapeloc.org and www.FreeChapel.org . Two pretty incredible churches.
I hope that helps!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
News from Free Chapel and Pastor Jentezen Franklin in Gainesville, GA.

Pastor Franklin announced that he was assuming the pastorate of a church (Jamboree Worship Center Church of God) in Irvine, California and was going to pastor both churches. He said several staff members from FREE CHAPEL - Gainesville will move to California and take care of the church and do the Sunday morning services. JF will preach at in Gainesville at 9 & 11 AM and leave on his jet at 3:00 PM and have Sunday night Service at 6:00 PM at the new FREE CHAPLE OC (Orange County) and possibly Tuesday nights and back to Gainesville for Wednesday night service.
He said he is not in anyway going to move to CA - but he feels this is his destiny and he will fulfil it!

He said - All the bills are paid here and this is NO CHALLENGE at all for us so - I need a challenge. He said - I am CRAZY and I need a Challenge and this is it. He will be on TBN this Tuesday night and make the national announcement then.

He is also adding 2000 new seats to the 3700 seat sanctuary and new offices and a 500 seat Youth auditorium at a cost of $30 million.

The people gladly recieved his word.
This is exactly what we do (minus the jet!).
Old 08-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:

Love to all...
I have ministered for him several times, just a great guy. One time he wanted me to come last min, I was in New Orleans and there was no commercial flight to get me there on time. He sent his private plane, I have that pic on my piano.
TFT is a mentor of his , Bro. Tenney preached a 3 night revival in Gainsville a few months ago.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
I have ministered for him several times, just a great guy. One time he wanted me to come last min, I was in New Orleans and there was no commercial flight to get me there on time. He sent his private plane, I have that pic on my piano.
TFT is a mentor of his , Bro. Tenney preached a 3 night revival in Gainsville a few months ago.
WOW!

With endorsements like this, the guy has got to be solid on the doctrine for sure.

tic

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
WOW!

With endorsements like this, the guy has got to be solid on the doctrine for sure.

tic
Uh, I think his doctrine wsa established when AB posted that JF is Church of God.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"