Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Re: WPF-what now

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Bearing false witness, railing, etc.

You could name off a "bunch?" Man, I'm only asking for ONE and you've failed to do even that. You're like the dime-store prophet, claiming some specific prophetic word, but telling everyone "time will reveal it..."

They aren't "laboring with them."

I haven't twisted a word you've said. You've been disparaging and posting contemptible accusations against Bishop Tenney and Anthony Mangun and when told to provide some sort of evidence, you can't.

How I do things is when an accusation is made, I want evidence. Period. End of story. If you don't have evidence, then you need to shut your mouth and not libel against these good men of God.

I see how you do things. You make baseless accusations, don't provide any evidence and ignore questions asked of you. One example: you say it's okay to love them. Great. So how could someone love them in a way which you would approve?

"Time will reveal all things..." Do you know every single person who has watched the tv broadcast Mangun was on? Do you know everyone in the congregation at Free Chapel when Bishop Tenney preached there? If one person was saved, it was well worth it.
What in the Sam Hill are you talking about? Ok how many people in the Bible went along in ministry with the Apostles until they got saved? Name one..

And by prophetic word Jentzen Franklin was promoted to a Bishop. Since prophecy never contradicts what you find in the word of God, that's how you can tell whether the prophecy is from God or not, you do agree right? Name one person that was promoted to a position who wasn't saved? Even Steven and the others they chose to serve tables in Acts 6:1-7 had to be as it says in verse 3 had to be "full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business."

So let me ask you a question do you believe Acts 2:38 is essential to be saved, do you believe you have to be baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins? Now if you do tell me why God would promote someone who wasn't saved yet. Not just a lay person but a teacher?

I'm going to deal directly with what is apparent. I wasn't speaking a prophecy by the way only calling things the way I see it. And you know what im not the only one who sees it. Just scroll back in the convo. So please answer the question at hand.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-07-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I find it confusing to be honest.

The Tenney's have been ministry partners for over 10 years with Jentezen, and even though Jentezen has the utmost respect for Apostolics, he still has the sinner's prayer listed on his website. His ministry style with the flashing lights and stage production is what many of us find distasteful.

I don't understand it, but I'm not his judge God is.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Post I found from 2007:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePastorsCoach View Post
Hey THAD - Been in Hawaii for 11 days and am glad to be home - we had a GREAT PENTECOST SUNDAY at Church Alive of Atlanta!

We have been Sooooooooooooooooo busy as we are moving our home across town - boxing up - getting everything ready for the big move after 13 years in this house. Plus we are moving CHURCH ALIVE into much larger facilities by July 1 so we are VERY BUSY!

Answers to your questions.
1. Lots of Ex-UPC's at Free Chapel - including several women that their UPC pastor husbands left them and the church for other women.
I have several family members there - including my very Godly - Holiness - Mother in Law and my youngest Son is a member there and works with Pastor Franklin on many of his Illustrated Sermons and travels with him at times.

JF has been highly influenced by Tommy Tenney, TF & Thetus Tenney, Steve & Phil Muncie, T. D. Jakes and many others with Apostolic foundations. All of these continue to believe the Revelation of Jesus Christ and baptism in the Name of Jesus. I know that is not good enough for some - but as far as I can see - nothing is ever good enough and you can never do enough to be saved anyway in the "Oneness" movement.

I do not believe TFT has tried to indoctrinate JF or Jim Cymbyla or any other pastor he ministers for in "Oneness Theology". I do know that he and many of us try our best to be an Apostolic Influence to others. They do ask questions and we do answer them and some of us are very respected outside the "Oneness" ranks and we do baptize many that have never even HEARD of the UPC.

It amazes me that the group that advertises among themselves as "The Whole Gospel for the Whole World" - really only wants it preached inside their own four walls.

TFT preached about PENTECOST and the Power of the Holy Ghost to over 7000 at Free Chapel on Sunday and many hundreds were filled. I find it amazing that people can disagree with that.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I find it confusing to be honest.

The Tenney's have been ministry partners for over 10 years with Jentezen, and even though Jentezen has the utmost respect for Apostolics, he still has the sinner's prayer listed on his website. His ministry style with the flashing lights and stage production is what many of us find distasteful.

I don't understand it, but I'm not his judge God is.
Thats all I was saying. I and many other Apostolics don't agree. I'd be happy to leave it at that. I can only go with what the Word of God endorses, and the rest is at this time conjecture. And honestly that goes both ways.

So I apologize to you guys if I offended you talking about Anthony Mangun. Also to you NDAvid I was out of line, and I apologize. I should've just kept it to myself besides for what the Bible says.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Covenant Apostolic

when I was very ill and there was no Apostolic church in my city, for a short time I went to a nearby AOG church.

I loved the Pastor and church, and the presence of God was there.
But the references to the trinity and baptizing in the titles made me cringe.

Also, knowing that he considered anyone and everyone who had accepted Jesus as saved made me heartsick.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
when I was very ill and there was no Apostolic church in my city, for a short time I went to a nearby AOG church.

I loved the Pastor and church, and the presence of God was there.
But the references to the trinity and baptizing in the titles made me cringe.

Also, knowing that he considered anyone and everyone who had accepted Jesus as saved made me heartsick.
I've been to all different kinds of churches. I knew a Spirit filled church was the closest thing to the real thing. I honestly believed there was no church that was the right way at all, until going to a Apostolic Holiness church.

I had gone to a Apostolic church that was trying to do everything by programs and things on and off for 2 years. Just I knew one day I was going to have to go away from that church, to experience a true church. There would be a move of God, but most people didn't have the Holy Ghost. They would allow Denominal preachers to take the pulpit. One of the Elders in the church told me to be baptized in the titles was the same as being baptized in Jesus name.

Then I moved where I live now and I went to a holiness church. And the presence of God was so strong, i knew God strongly had His hand there. What I found they were very unified, and about purity inward and outward. I didnt know anything about that when I came. But I knew they had something no where I had ever been in life had.

I'm talking ive been to 100's do churches. What I experienced everywhere else was only a drop compared to my church. I won't lie the presence of God is so strong and has transformed my life so much, I wouldnt feel safe changing churches, knowing it was God who led me there, and He gave me a gift that I can't even describe.

I know I probably sound like a fanatic. Just take this from a drug addict. I paid 100's of thousands of dollars to feel 1 percent of what I feel in His presence there. It gets so strong at times it puts me on my face. We've had 18 miraculous healings in like 2 weeks. Tongues and interpretations, prophecies, and people getting filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized. I'm really saying all that to say this, that's why it bothers me seeing people who have the truth try to create programs to place God in. I've learned because the Holy Ghost has shown me you dont have to create a atmosphere to bring people, but create a atmosphere where God can manifest, and He will draw people. So please forgive me I dont mean to be zealous!!

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I've been to all different kinds of churches. I knew a Spirit filled church was the closest thing to the real thing. I honestly believed there was no church that was the right way at all, until going to a Apostolic Holiness church.

I had gone to a Apostolic church that was trying to do everything by programs and things on and off for 2 years. Just I knew one day I was going to have to go away from that church, to experience a true church. There would be a move of God, but most people didn't have the Holy Ghost. They would allow Denominal preachers to take the pulpit. One of the Elders in the church told me to be baptized in the titles was the same as being baptized in Jesus name.

Then I moved where I live now and I went to a holiness church. And the presence of God was so strong, i knew God strongly had His hand there. What I found they were very unified, and about purity inward and outward. I didnt know anything about that when I came. But I knew they had something no where I had ever been in life had.

I'm talking ive been to 100's do churches. What I experienced everywhere else was only a drop compared to my church. I won't lie the presence of God is so strong and has transformed my life so much, I wouldnt feel safe changing churches, knowing it was God who led me there, and He gave me a gift that I can't even describe.

I know I probably sound like a fanatic. Just take this from a drug addict. I paid 100's of thousands of dollars to feel 1 percent of what I feel in His presence there. It gets so strong at times it puts me on my face. We've had 18 miraculous healings in like 2 weeks. Tongues and interpretations, prophecies, and people getting filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized. I'm really saying all that to say this, that's why it bothers me seeing people who have the truth try to create programs to place God in. I've learned because the Holy Ghost has shown me you dont have to create a atmosphere to bring people, but create a atmosphere where God can manifest, and He will draw people. So please forgive me I dont mean to be zealous!!
Don't apologize, this is what we need.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I'm really saying all that to say this, that's why it bothers me seeing people who have the truth try to create programs to place God in. I've learned because the Holy Ghost has shown me you dont have to create a atmosphere to bring people, but create a atmosphere where God can manifest, and He will draw people.
Something in which we can both agree 100%!

Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Don't apologize, this is what we need.
All I can say is the Oneness of God
Acts 2:38 holiness and separation from the world is right. The proof is in the pudding. I've been to every type of jail and multiple rehab programs, this is the only thing that ever worked for me. No one knows the cost of my oil in my Alabaster box!

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I don't have the energy or desire to engage anymore but it is interesting to sit back and read the discussion going on. Reminds me that there is indeed nothing new under the sun as the same positions have been stated and rehashed for over a decade now on AFF and for much longer elsewhere. Doesn't mean it shouldn't still be happening as fresh discussions are always important but just noting that fact.

1ofthechosen reminds me pretty much in every post what I do not like about old time Pentecost and why I am so thankful to be out of it. Appreciate my heritage and the many good people who love God that are still in it but oh dear heavens could never go back.
Praise the Lord