Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Prepper's Patch
Facebook

Notices

Prepper's Patch Prepping & Planning; Share your practical prepping and survival skills!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Doomsday Preppers

Well, I was watching this show. These are some hard-core preppers! I can't believe that Bill guy wanting to build gallows in "The Colony"! More like a cult here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGpRf759EE

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Re: Doomsday Preppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Well, I was watching this show. These are some hard-core preppers! I can't believe that Bill guy wanting to build gallows in "The Colony"! More like a cult here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGpRf759EE
Ya I saw that episode when it aired. I do not think I would getting anywhere near that particular compound during a societal collapse. Can one say "Lord of the Flies!"? LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Ya I saw that episode when it aired. I do not think I would getting anywhere near that particular compound during a societal collapse. Can one say "Lord of the Flies!"? LOL
Exactly! I would be more scared of the compound and what is IN it than what is outside. I was glad that one guy was mad at the other over that. He probably should have left.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

This reminds me of the two trees in the garden:

1- The tree of life

2- The tree of knowledge

We can get so caught up in what we know and what we think we know about the world coming to an end and economic catastrophe because we've been eating from the knowledge tree and we want to know every single thing and be so perfectly prepared and have every contingency covered

BUT

While we are doing all of that kind of work, we're allowing the life as God has laid out for us in Christ to pass us by.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llambert View Post

1- The tree of life

2- The tree of knowledge

We can get so caught up in what we know and what we think we know about the world coming to an end and economic catastrophe because we've been eating from the knowledge tree and we want to know every single thing and be so perfectly prepared and have every contingency covered

BUT

While we are doing all of that kind of work, we're allowing the life as God has laid out for us in Christ to pass us by.
I dunno. I'm not quite how the concept of prepping relates to the tree of life and the tree of knowledge (which no longer exist on this planet as I understand it). I've been known to make some pretty big leaps as one subject reminds me of another seemingly completely different one, but I can't see how to make that one. LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Exactly! I would be more scared of the compound and what is IN it than what is outside. I was glad that one guy was mad at the other over that. He probably should have left.
The fact that the guy spent so much time worrying and then building and even testing some gallows reminds me of a guy years ago who wanted to open a computer store. He spent 90% of his time the first year worrying about what cash register to get instead of everything else that was more important (which WAS quite literally everything else). LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llambert View Post

1- The tree of life

2- The tree of knowledge

BUT

Very nice analogy!

Old 09-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
The fact that the guy spent so much time worrying and then building and even testing some gallows reminds me of a guy years ago who wanted to open a computer store. He spent 90% of his time the first year worrying about what cash register to get instead of everything else that was more important (which WAS quite literally everything else). LOL
I thought that guy was just plain scary!

Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Go Dodgers!

Made For TV

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Made For TV
They rarely get normal preppers on the show for the simple reason that normal preppers won't advertise where they are and what they are doing.