Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Reality Check

So there we were, in the midst of a great service Sunday night. We were worshiping around the alter after the choir had sung. Then it happened. Pastor felt led to call all those of conquerors age to the front. That’s right, those 12-36. It didn't hit me immediately. It took several moments. Then the dark realization came over me. Then the hole was dug deeper and deeper as my friends passed me by, some shooing me to the side of the sanctuary, making it known that I needed to move back. The agony continued as my wife, her face beaming with the biggest grin I have ever known her to have, moving past me and into the group that was "more her age."

So, now I have experienced it. The humiliation, the despair of knowing that Pentecostal youth has passed me by. I can no longer say I am part of the “youth group.” Am I no longer a young married? Oh the confusion of it all. Will the schedule for the senior church activities start arriving at my home, or even worse, in my mailbox at church? Oh dear, I hear Taps playing already. What am I to do? Is being called “more than a conqueror” really supposed to uplift me?

Well, I suppose it is the cross that I must bear now; the burden that God has placed on me. Somehow, with His grace and mercy, I shall continue to march forward, yearning for brush harbors, penny marches and an old-fashioned rendition of “I’ll Live On.” Yes, through eternity, I’ll live on.

Pray for me,

Elder Chris
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

Re: Reality Check

I'll certainly be praying for you...my brother...my son...

Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Whatever age you are, you are just the right age to do something for GOD.

In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you.' Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:1,2).
Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Christmas 2009

Our Senior's group at church used to be 50+ until I got up there. Now I think we have changed it to 60+. I just cannot be in the same group as my parents!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
So there we were, in the midst of a great service Sunday night. We were worshiping around the alter after the choir had sung. Then it happened. Pastor felt led to call all those of conquerors age to the front. That’s right, those 12-36. It didn't hit me immediately. It took several moments. Then the dark realization came over me. Then the hole was dug deeper and deeper as my friends passed me by, some shooing me to the side of the sanctuary, making it known that I needed to move back. The agony continued as my wife, her face beaming with the biggest grin I have ever known her to have, moving past me and into the group that was "more her age."

So, now I have experienced it. The humiliation, the despair of knowing that Pentecostal youth has passed me by. I can no longer say I am part of the “youth group.” Am I no longer a young married? Oh the confusion of it all. Will the schedule for the senior church activities start arriving at my home, or even worse, in my mailbox at church? Oh dear, I hear Taps playing already. What am I to do? Is being called “more than a conqueror” really supposed to uplift me?

Well, I suppose it is the cross that I must bear now; the burden that God has placed on me. Somehow, with His grace and mercy, I shall continue to march forward, yearning for brush harbors, penny marches and an old-fashioned rendition of “I’ll Live On.” Yes, through eternity, I’ll live on.

Pray for me,

Elder Chris
Get a grip boy...........
You're still young enough to be my kid............
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Get a grip boy...........
You're still young enough to be my kid............

Is that you, Grandma?

I hope everyone heard all the sarcasm oozing from this thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Our Senior's group at church used to be 50+ until I got up there. Now I think we have changed it to 60+. I just cannot be in the same group as my parents!!!!!!
I don't think our generation will ever think of themselves as old...Even my dad refuses to take part in "senior activities" with old folks and he's in his 80s. Someone said "old" is always 10 years older than we are.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
Is that you, Grandma?

I hope everyone heard all the sarcasm oozing from this thread.
I gotta quit drinking Pepsi when I read some of these posts........
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Live like it.

http://www.americangeriatrics.org/

You might find the support you need here brother...

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
http://www.americangeriatrics.org/

You might find the support you need here brother...
I almost thought of something funny......... then I realized I am older than him........