Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-20-2020, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

I just thought of something that will make some of you anti-Easter people proud. It is beginning to look like Easter 2020 will be a non-event.

Is that a good thing?

Or a bad thing?

No hard boiled chicken eggs and rabbits to hide them! #coronavirus
Old 03-20-2020, 09:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I just thought of something that will make some of you anti-Easter people proud. It is beginning to look like Easter 2020 will be a non-event.

Is that a good thing?

Or a bad thing?

No hard boiled chicken eggs and rabbits to hide them! #coronavirus
Passover is coming up. None of our plans are changing as far as that is concerned.

The flu bug isn't what folks need to be looking out for. Other things are afoot.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-20-2020, 09:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Passover is coming up. None of our plans are changing as far as that is concerned.

The flu bug isn't what folks need to be looking out for.
Other things are afoot.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:33 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:

The flu bug isn't what folks need to be looking out for. Other things are afoot.
Lots of folks are thinking that. Can you share your opinions on what you think is going on?
Old 03-21-2020, 01:05 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
You believe in quarantine for health's sake but...

...you're gonna have people (yourself included) mail care packages to nursing homes? How in the world can you not see the absurdity in that? It's like "schools closed to stop the virus spreading but all the kids are at the mall." It's like "Shut down restaurant dining rooms to stop the virus spreading but keep the drive thru open" or better yet "everybody go to WalMart and buy stuff to avoid the contagious virus."

Has everybody just suddenly lost all sanity?

Kinda looks like it.

Hey nDavid, here's a dumb conspiracy: China hijacked all the cell phones and sent out a subliminal signal that made 80% of the population go full potatoe.
You can't find anything positive to say. Ever. I'm not evading the fact that there is something ugly at work beneath the surface. But why can't you agree at least that we can be doing something POSITIVE in face of all it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Called my sister in New York. She informed me that she had the coronavirus in February. Most people had it in January. But if we had Hillary Clinton, or Obama as president it would be business as usual. This is the time the church was called for? Was it that time when we were dealing with Zeka? West Nile? H1N1? We are being duped, there is something else going on and it sure isn't a flu. But we are distracted easy, and we are the most part good boys and girls who will do anything for statism.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294517/ anyone remember this? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4869710/
I'm not denying something big is in the undercurrents, and all of us are trying to figure it out.

I'm glad we can share information as we come across it. It helps us all to be more aware.

BUT In the meantime, let's do all we can while the world flounders in this darkness to be the light that they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Wood cabinets can get pricey and I can pray because I am Spirit filled and don’t see how a prayer cloth isn’t superstitious. The Apostles weren’t handing them out, the people, by their faith, wanted to take something back home with them, because the anointing was so palatable. I wouldn’t practice something the Apostles weren’t practicing.

“GOD did extraordinary miracles through the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefsc and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and the diseases and evil spirits left them.” Acts 19:11-12

This is just my opinion, but the miracles were so extraordinary, that the people’s faith was also extraordinary. It was their faith and not the linens. Laying aside all of my Catholic paraphernalia, i.e., crosses, rosary, etc., it would be hard for me to practice this.
I think we need to share ideas, and see what we can do. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus ministering to people who need Him. One idea may work for someone, and not the next person. I don't expect Bro. Esaias and Bro. Beni to send care packages to the nursing homes like I'm doing. But, there is something else they can do that I can't.

Let's all do something to make a difference! We are here for such a time as this!
Old 03-21-2020, 04:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
You can't find anything positive to say. Ever. I'm not evading the fact that there is something ugly at work beneath the surface. But why can't you agree at least that we can be doing something POSITIVE in face of all it?

!
Can't find anything positive to say? Ever? Wow.

I start more threads here on Bible doctrine, the power of God, the Victory of our Saviour, than than just about ANYONE ON THIS FORUM.

I post more posts and threads on PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF FAITH AND SCRIPTURE than anyone here with the possible exception of brother Blume.

I have REPEATEDLY affirmed that Christians are the only wayfinders this world has. I have repeatedly encouraged everyone here to get back to the Bible in order that THEY PERSONALLY might be used by God to help somebody out.

But when I point out the INCONSISTENCY in someone's post I'm somehow the guy who NEVER HAS ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY, EVER???

Good grief. Listen, I understand people are afraid, and feel kind of helpless, and want to do SOMETHING, anything. I didn't say don't make care packages and send them off. I'm saying THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING. If you believe quarantines and isolation are necessary to prevent contagion, then to be consistent you wouldn't want nursing homes and vulnerables to be getting ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE CONTAMINATED including "care packages". I'm trying to encourage people to THINK THINK THINK about the information they are getting.

Look at the nationwide (and global) response to this thing. Ask yourself, does it REALLY MAKE SENSE? A viral contagion that literally is half as bad as influenza and the whole developed world goes into lockdown?

By all means make care packages. But don't start comparing "corona cases" to lepers.

That's a recipe for making people disappear in the middle of the night as Christians cheer the "removal of the lepers".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-21-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:

I start more threads here on Bible doctrine, the power of God, the Victory of our Saviour, than than just about ANYONE ON THIS FORUM.

I post more posts and threads on PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF FAITH AND SCRIPTURE than anyone here with the possible exception of brother Blume.

I have REPEATEDLY affirmed that Christians are the only wayfinders this world has. I have repeatedly encouraged everyone here to get back to the Bible in order that THEY PERSONALLY might be used by God to help somebody out.

But when I point out the INCONSISTENCY in someone's post I'm somehow the guy who NEVER HAS ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY, EVER???

Good grief. Listen, I understand people are afraid, and feel kind of helpless, and want to do SOMETHING, anything. I didn't say don't make care packages and send them off. I'm saying THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING. If you believe quarantines and isolation are necessary to prevent contagion, then to be consistent you wouldn't want nursing homes and vulnerables to be getting ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE CONTAMINATED including "care packages". I'm trying to encourage people to THINK THINK THINK about the information they are getting.

Look at the nationwide (and global) response to this thing. Ask yourself, does it REALLY MAKE SENSE? A viral contagion that literally is half as bad as influenza and the whole developed world goes into lockdown?

By all means make care packages. But don't start comparing "corona cases" to lepers.

That's a recipe for making people disappear in the middle of the night as Christians cheer the "removal of the lepers".
It's the underlying sarcasm that sets you up as smarter than me and everyone else who dares to share something that is not in your fear basket.

I know that care packages aren't saving the world. But what if it brings hope to some soul in a nursing home who has none? At least I can try. I don't expect you to do something like that.

I'm just saying, let's all be busy trying to do something. There is no way any of us can stop what is coming. But we can see the signs of the times. And I appreciate you digging for information and sharing. And I appreciate all the good words you do share.

Maybe all this is getting to all of us, and our nerves are a bit frayed.

Let's try for the positive spin.... we are living in exciting times, and we have been called to live in this generation for such a time as this. Things may be going up in smoke around us... but let's not cast our heads down in the sand with such fear that we are worthless. THIS is our hour to share the light and goodness of Jesus.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

People expect those with seemingly Bible knowledge to treat people with respect and kindness - patience. It looks like you get the letter of the Law, but not the Spirit of it.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
If you believe quarantines and isolation are necessary to prevent contagion, then to be consistent you wouldn't want nursing homes and vulnerables to be getting ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE CONTAMINATED including "care packages". I'm trying to encourage people to THINK THINK THINK about the information they are getting.
If you're going to take the fear to this degree, that even care packages should be banned because of contagion, what about the food they are getting? The health workers coming in who live in the community? I mean really?

Care packages aren't banned. Health workers are able to come and go. They are just trying to cut down on the amount of exposure to the most vulnerable, but there is no way anyone can live in a completely sterile world.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
People expect those with seemingly Bible knowledge to treat people with respect and kindness - patience. It looks like you get the letter of the Law, but not the Spirit of it.
Agreed, most of the time, this is what comes across.

And then, he can really share some great, powerful stuff. I hope to see more of that.