Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-21-2021, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
As an interesting fact, Pharisees used to believe that the spirit of a dead person lingers close to its body for three days, so there was a chance of somebody coming back to life within three days according to them. It could probably be the reason why Jesus waited four days to resurrect Lazarus: just to leave no doubts.
That's interesting. There were a ton of messages He appears to have sent "between the lines."
Old 01-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
That's interesting. There were a ton of messages He appears to have sent "between the lines."
It is true that the lack of accurate historical context makes it hard for the reader to truly appreciate everything. So what I said is still just speculation. Nevertheless, the point is still clear in the text: Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead .
Old 01-21-2021, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
It is true that the lack of accurate historical context makes it hard for the reader to truly appreciate everything. So what I said is still just speculation. Nevertheless, the point is still clear in the text: Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead .
I was listening to Voddie Baucham speak about Cultural Marxim on YouTube (I recommend it to ANYONE).

He was talking about the way BLM is a huge inroad to eroding our cultural stability (Understand, Bacham is black, and that matters in a second here).

He then talks about Jesus' relationship to the Pharisees, and states "I have no proof of this, but I think Jesus was brought up a Phraisee--because the way he spoke to them was done in a way only a peer can do" He then holds up his arm and gazes at his skin and says "Kind of like . . . . . "

(sound of home run)

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-21-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
They are part of the first resurrection, sir.
Since when does the first resurrection have parts?
Old 01-21-2021, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

And back to the subject itself.

I would so appear that the false prophets are now pivoting to a "Trump's loss is all part of the plan" form of appalling transmogrification.

At least one guy has apologized for the false prophecies. That Mark Taylor guy just doubles down with that "keep your head on a swivel," idiocy, that make sound like he's low-crawling with an M-72 grenade pin in his mouth.

This guarantees that "Q" (who's been dormant for 44 days as of this moment) will soon rise up like some aberrant phoenix and carry the water for a huge loss in the 2022 mid-terms, when no one is putting in the work to register voters.

Well, no one except the left.

The level of faith in this anonymous obelisk is staggering. Even Shirley Temple said "I believed in Santa right up until he asked for my autograph."

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-21-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Since when does the first resurrection have parts?
Since 1 Cor 15 and Rev 20.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
I was listening to Voddie Baucham speak about Cultural Marxim on YouTube (I recommend it to ANYONE).

He was talking about the way BLM is a huge inroad to eroding our cultural stability (Understand, Bacham is black, and that matters in a second here).

He then talks about Jesus' relationship to the Pharisees, and states "I have no proof of this, but I think Jesus was brought up a Phraisee--because the way he spoke to them was done in a way only a peer can do" He then holds up his arm and gazes at his skin and says "Kind of like . . . . . "

(sound of home run)
There were mainly two schools in the Pharisees group: the Hillel and the Shammai. Some people believe that Jesus was rebuking the Shammai school and siding with Hillel. Hillel was more liberal, Shammai was more strict and full of "fences" (traditions) to help you fulfill the law safely, that ended up undermining true mercy.

Jesus actually rebuked them both, lol.
For example, the rebukes regarding the Sabbath was most likely directed to the Shammai school; and the rebuke regarding divorce only on sexual immorality (and not just because of burning a meal, really) was most likely directed to the Hillel one.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Matt 27: 52-53

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

A good theory IMO. The answer to Doms question.

Either they went to Heaven with Jesus to enjoy immortality, believed by immortal soulists:

Or.....like you said they went into Jerusalem as a sign bearing witness to Christs resurrection. I mean there were 3000 almost immediately converted! This was multiplied in short time They saw amazing wonders!

They could have went back to sleep right away OR lived for a while then died again.

One thing is CERTAIN according to Paul. They did die again. How do we know?

1 Tim. 6: 14-16

Apostle Paul knew the truth. He said JESUS ONLY.......has immortality!

That means when Paul wrote to Timothy many years after the events of Christs resurrection HE BELIEVED no one else was immortal.
So, the fruit of Jesus' resurrection has death? Jesus alone having immortality means that only through the Christ will anyone living gain immortality. So, these resurrected people had to die again and resurrect again? I'll chalk that one up with Satan in his fly saucer and your modified version of the Watchtower belief on the godhead.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mike, maybe you should stop making up your own doctrine and read.

The Christ has the immortality, which all must go through Him. He dwells in the knowledge and understanding which one can only get to it through Him. You can't approach the light on your own, not by your own human discipline 1 Corinthians 2:14. All must walk in the light as He is in the light 1 John 1:7. Jesus is the only one who can reveal the invisible Father. Does that make Him two? No, that makes Him God who all things consist and have their being Colossians 1:17. No one can draw near unless the Father draw them John 6:44

Mike 2 Peter 3:15-16 was written people just like you.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mike, maybe you should stop making up your own doctrine and read.

The Christ has the immortality, which all must go through Him. He dwells in the knowledge and understanding which one can only get to it through Him. You can't approach the light on your own, not by your own human discipline 1 Corinthians 2:14. All must walk in the light as He is in the light 1 John 1:7. Jesus is the only one who can reveal the invisible Father. Does that make Him two? No, that makes Him God who all things consist and have their being Colossians 1:17. No one can draw near unless the Father draw them John 6:44

Mike 2 Peter 3:15-16 was written people just like you.
Jesus ONLY has immortality. Simple. Paul never believed ANYONE ELSE had yet attained immortality.

He says the same thing here.

1 Cor 15:2-23

20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

In other words Jesus ONLY has immortality. So the resurrected ones in Matt. 27 were not raised to immortality but mortality. At least Paul never knew anything about it.