Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

What has worked for you?

I'm on a mission to lose some weight. (I guess that is why I started off with a breakfast of chocolate) Anyway, I wanna know what has worked for some of you.

In general, I eat very healthy. No fried foods except occasional eggs cooked with a small amount of butter. We never drink sodas, koolaid, or that stuff. You won't find hardly any boxed or canned goods, and NO chips or snacks in our home. We eat mostly fresh fruits and fresh veggies and lean meats. So we eat pretty healthy. BUT... I need to lose 60 lbs. I've started walking a mile each day except sunday and I work out lots on our home gym thingy... but I need a jumpstart that doesn't involve those diet pills... Anythoughts??

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Hip Hop Abs.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Hip Hop Abs.
???

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

I am currently doing low carb with a south beach twist.

Basically low carb with a keen eye toward fiber.

You subtract the fiber content from the carbs which allows you to have more of food with a high fiber content which is a good thing iMO.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I am currently doing low carb with a south beach twist.

Basically low carb with a keen eye toward fiber.

You subtract the fiber content from the carbs which allows you to have more of food with a high fiber content which is a good thing iMO.
Yeah, that is what I'm going to focussing on.. FIBER... I have been reading a book, Fiber 35 or something like that. It was recommending you have 35 grams of fiber a day. Also I was reading that when you do start to lose weight, that the fat cells are released into your body, thus toxics are now in floating around, making it harder to lose weight.. I need a good detox plan to get rid of those evil toxics quickly... But yes, I've read Fiber a MAIN key.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 AM
delete account

Being in love is the only thing that helps me lose weight...obviously I am not in love!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
Yeah, that is what I'm going to focussing on.. FIBER... I have been reading a book, Fiber 35 or something like that. It was recommending you have 35 grams of fiber a day. Also I was reading that when you do start to lose weight, that the fat cells are released into your body, thus toxics are now in floating around, making it harder to lose weight.. I need a good detox plan to get rid of those evil toxics quickly... But yes, I've read Fiber a MAIN key.
Someone mentioned the Fiber 35 to me a few months ago and it sounded pretty interesting.

I have not read any further on it though.

Our lives are full of empty calories.

Refined sugars, "Enriched" white flours etc.

As I mentioned... I am doing the low carb with a bent toward fiber...

Here is something to try...

I make a low carb pizza... VERY GOOD!!!!!!!

Preheat the oven to 425f
I take a low carb tortilla (generally about 4 carbs after the fiber is subtracted... I use Mission Carb Balance)
Spread about a tsp of spaghetti sauce on it (I use 4 cheese)
6-7 pepperoni slices on that
THIS IS THE KEY... Cut the florets off of broccoli and put a good covering of broccoli on it. The broccoli just adds such a great taste to it.
Then I cover that will 1 or 2 kinds of cheeses (But not too much.. it will all slide off... I generally use monterey Jack or Cheddar or both.

I have a pizza pan that has holes in it. I can bake 2 of them on one pan at one time.

It takes 7 minutes or so to cook them. Just until the cheese melts and the crust becomes nice and crispy.

Oh man I could live on those things... and I am not a big pizza fan either...

Give it a try.

One low carb tortilla is 8 grams of fiber
The broccoli is a good source of fiber as well.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Being in love is the only thing that helps me lose weight...obviously I am not in love!

Blessings, Rhoni
I wish that worked for me... I have been in love for 17 years now.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Somebody stole my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post

I'm on a mission to lose some weight. (I guess that is why I started off with a breakfast of chocolate) Anyway, I wanna know what has worked for some of you.

In general, I eat very healthy. No fried foods except occasional eggs cooked with a small amount of butter. We never drink sodas, koolaid, or that stuff. You won't find hardly any boxed or canned goods, and NO chips or snacks in our home. We eat mostly fresh fruits and fresh veggies and lean meats. So we eat pretty healthy. BUT... I need to lose 60 lbs. I've started walking a mile each day except sunday and I work out lots on our home gym thingy... but I need a jumpstart that doesn't involve those diet pills... Anythoughts??
Funny you should ask....

I just talked to a couple of work friends and we are going back to weekly weight watchers meetings.

I find that being weighed every week and keeping track of my weight and my intake of calories keeps me honest.

I also bought a treadmill a couple of months ago. I try to "tread" 40 minutes a day atleast 5 days a week. I keep track of the claories I burn in that 40 minutes so I will know how much energy I need to expend to balance out that ice-cream cone I want.

James 2
12 So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free. 13 For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over his judgment against you.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I wish that worked for me... I have been in love for 17 years now.
LOL! my husband and I are happily in love, and on this weightloss journey together...!!! The problem is that on this journey, we've spent some time falling in love with eachother over mochas, and mexi food, and cheesecake.... lol