Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Praying...

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

To all who post prayer requests in the Prayer Closet...

Sometimes its hard to reply to every prayer request... there are many needs. Some requests may seem to get lost in the shuffle... But just remember: Though sometimes many don't reply, that doesn't mean they have read your request. That doesn't mean they are not praying. They are. Right now, some where, someone is praying for your request. It may be a brother in California or in New York. Might be a sister in Louisana or Missouri. It might be a faithful missionary in Brazil. It could be a brother or sister in Canada. But somewhere, right now, someone is praying for you and for your request.

In fact, in just a few more minutes someone else will be praying. A brother in Alabama.

Just in case, though, you get that feeling that there is no one interceeding on your behalf: Take heart. There is. Someone is making intercession for your request right now:

Rom 8:34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

1John 5:15
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

To all who post prayer requests in the Prayer Closet...

Sometimes its hard to reply to every prayer request... there are many needs. Some requests may seem to get lost in the shuffle... But just remember: Though sometimes many don't reply, that doesn't mean they have read your request. That doesn't mean they are not praying. They are. Right now, some where, someone is praying for your request. It may be a brother in California or in New York. Might be a sister in Louisana or Missouri. It might be a faithful missionary in Brazil. It could be a brother or sister in Canada. But somewhere, right now, someone is praying for you and for your request.

In fact, in just a few more minutes someone else will be praying. A brother in Alabama.

Just in case, though, you get that feeling that there is no one interceeding on your behalf: Take heart. There is. Someone is making intercession for your request right now:

Rom 8:34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

1John 5:15
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
This is good and very true.
I am praying.

Thank you Oneaccord.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
This is good and very true.
I am praying.

Thank you Oneaccord.
Amen, Ron. It IS good and so very true.

I'm with you - I'm praying as well. In fact, I was going to send a PM to Amazing Grace today, but I guess I'll just share here. This morning I woke up 45 minutes before my alarm went off. My first thought was "bah! humbug! I want to go back to sleep". My second thought was that I needed to take that time to pray specifically for AG. I don't know why. Maybe she doesn't even know why. But God is certainly watching out for her right now

Isn't it funny how when we first got on here, these were just a bunch a names. Not really "real people". Not someone we cared about. But as time has gone on, you all have become very real to me. Most of you I've never seen face to face and probably never will this side of heaven. But I count you as my friends. And I care about you. It hit me just how much I care about you when I started feeling the Lord prompting me to pray specifically for you.

My guess would be that it's the same with many of you as well. We have a special connection here and the glue that holds us together is that we love the same God. May He bless you all today!!