Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Covenant Apostolic

sologamy

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...arriage-trend/

Erika Anderson, a 37-year-old from Brooklyn, New York, planned a formal ceremony with a white dress, flower bouqet, and walk down the aisle. Only, no one was waiting for her and that was just the way she wanted it.

Anderson says she grew tired of people asking why she was still single, so in front of friends and family, she married herself.

Self-marriage, or sologamy, is growing, partly because it’s popping up in pop culture, like when an episode of “Sex and the City” floated the idea.

The movement has gone global and companies are trying to capitalize. Marry Yourself in Canada offers consulting and wedding photography.

San Francisco’s Jeffrey Levin started a website called IMarriedMe.com. There, you’ll find sologamy ceremony kits that include a wedding band, daily affirmation cards and vows.

“I think it’s increased over the years and it’s something that’s becoming more understood and more accepted,” Levin said.

Anderson married herself to celebrate independence and believes others should, too.

“You’re worth it,” Anderson said.

Anderson just celebrated her one-year anniversary with a solo trip to Mexico.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: sologamy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cornel...b_7914742.html

Beyond Disney
Perhaps it was bound to happen with the first generation of Disney princesses coming of age and “with the single population ever increasing — and people becoming more and more self-interested and privileged,” wrote Tom Teeman in late 2014 for The Daily Beast about something he calls the “self-marriage movement.” A company in Japan offers “solo wedding” ceremonies and, as Teeman explains, one package deal includes “choosing your own gown, bouquet and hairstyle, a limousine service, a stay at a hotel and a commemorative photo album.” Plus, to encourage more “positive feelings,” the single bride can rent a “decorative” man to pose alongside her. (A fake man for a fake ceremony!) Is the idea of marrying yourself a declaration of independence and liberation or just more of a me, me, me “exercise in pampering,” as one young woman labeled her experience? (I think it’s merely the princess myth stretched to extreme.) After trying out the package, another young woman reported that it ‘“boosted [her] sense of self-esteem... the effect was equal to a more extraordinary experience, such as visiting a World Heritage castle.’” But maybe the most forlorn aspect of all this to me—and the most telling—is the company’s promotion. They proclaim that their solo-wedding ceremonies offer an opportunity for “single women who are not sure if they will get married, but want pictures of themselves in a bridal gown while they are ‘young and beautiful’” (and you knew it was coming) so they can “‘experience the feeling of being a princess.’”
Old 05-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Old 05-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

More and more women find themselves single because more and more women are unmarriable, and because more and more men aren't attractive to women.

Many women have grown up fat, bratty, and with a feminist disposition that no virile male wants anything to do with.

Many women also know that lots of men are weak and useless and besides they can get government assistance or even a job so they figure they don't need a man.

So, more males and more females abandon the need for each other, hence transgenderism, the homo movement, and the growing interest in fully functioning sex robots currently under way.

Eventually, western society will finish collapsing, all these undesirable men and women will likely die off, and the Normal Humans™ who survived will have to deal with the transhumanist cyborgs and AI systems that remain.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
LOL!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I'm my own grandpawwwww
Old 05-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeshua is God

Make sure to get a house full of mirrors so you can look at your lovely self all day long.

I just had a hunch this is where the me generation would lead us to.

self-adoration
Old 05-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
More and more women find themselves single because more and more women are unmarriable, and because more and more men aren't attractive to women.

Many women have grown up fat, bratty, and with a feminist disposition that no virile male wants anything to do with.

Many women also know that lots of men are weak and useless and besides they can get government assistance or even a job so they figure they don't need a man.

So, more males and more females abandon the need for each other, hence transgenderism, the homo movement, and the growing interest in fully functioning sex robots currently under way.

Eventually, western society will finish collapsing, all these undesirable men and women will likely die off, and the Normal Humans™ who survived will have to deal with the transhumanist cyborgs and AI systems that remain.
I know an apostolic who was so disgusted with the North american trend of women, even in churches, who are becoming feminist that he made up his mind he'd marry a Filipino woman, went to the Philippines and did just that. Lives there and comes back here to work for the summer.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."