Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-13-2020, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Re: Charismatic Sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I read “Having been around the 70’s...”
Old 02-13-2020, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Neither the modern charismatic movement nor the modern oneness pentecostal movement teach the FINISHED WORK DOCTRINE OF INSTANTANEOUS ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION VIA FAITH IN THE WORK OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST. Instead, both teach the Baptist view of progressive but never finished this side of the grave sanctification with death of the body providing the final entire sanctifying perfection.

You have had this explained to you repeatedly but you persist in your mischaracterizations. It's why I have lost a lot of respect for your teaching ability. That and your refusal to answer hard questions about your doctrines.
If you have ever discussed holiness with the Evangelicals you will learn their version of the "finished work" doctrine. Jesus did it all on the cross. If you think you must DO anything to yet attain final salvation you are a heretic. I am saying that indeed both Charismatics and Pentecostals are now teaching this same thing and reject the truth of sinless perfection. I actually thought you and I agreed on this.

This is what Untraditional William was alluding to in his Hyper Grace Thread. He was saying it was getting into the Apostolic Movement just like you all are saying about the Charismatics getting in.

As far as answering hard questions I can say the same about you. You give answers that you THINK are correct and they dont seem to be. I give answers and you dont accept them.

Why should I have to explain something over and over when you just say Im not answering? Its true that I wont go on forever in threads where its obvious no one is paying attention.

Blessings to you.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 02-13-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:47 PM
Master ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
If you have ever discussed holiness with the Evangelicals you will learn their version of the "finished work" doctrine. Jesus did it all on the cross. If you think you must DO anything to yet attain final salvation you are a heretic. I am saying that indeed both Charismatics and Pentecostals are now teaching this same thing and reject the truth of sinless perfection. I actually thought you and I agreed on this.

This is what Untraditional William was alluding to in his Hyper Grace Thread. He was saying it was getting into the Apostolic Movement just like you all are saying about the Charismatics getting in.

As far as answering hard questions I can say the same about you. You give answers that you THINK are correct and they dont seem to be. I give answers and you dont accept them.

Why should I have to explain something over and over when you just say Im not answering? Its true that I wont go on forever in threads where its obvious no one is paying attention.

Blessings to you.
1. We've been round and round about your and the evangelicals false and historically incorrect understanding of the Pentecostal Finished Work view of entire sanctification. Once again your mischaracterization and utter lack of interest in at least using historically accurate terms and definitions means you simply have an agenda that is NOT focused on truth and accuracy.

2. Your failure to answer questions about your doctrine is NOT about you giving explanations I don't agree with. It's about you cutting and running and refusing to even respond to questions, like "if all things were made by the logos, but the logos was also made, then the logos made the logos, right?" etc.

3. I ALWAYS answer questions put to me about what I teach, EXCEPT when the questioner has already refused to answer questions put to them.

4. Sinless perfection means no sin. Sin is the transgression of the law, including the Fourth Commandment. So no, you and I do NOT agree on the doctrine of Christian perfection. You, like many others, redefine sin to exclude things you practice and allow, like Sabbath breaking.

Look, I generally like you. But you've got some serious hangups that are keeping you from the full apostolic truth. Apostolic as in "taught and practiced by the apostles".

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 02-13-2020, 10:27 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Look, I generally like you. But you've got some serious hangups that are keeping you from the full apostolic truth. Apostolic as in "taught and practiced by the apostles".
This statement really makes me want to laugh. What gives you the right to think you've got it all right as in "full apostolic truth"? Are you the Noah or the Peter or the Paul of our day?

I think that everyone here has a genuine objective to spend eternity with Jesus. Questions are a part of learning, and discussion is good. But let's not destroy brothers and sisters with our desire to be number one.

Humilty is a fruit of the spirit you might look into, just sayin'...
Old 02-13-2020, 10:33 PM
Master ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
This statement really makes me want to laugh. What gives you the right to think you've got it all right as in "full apostolic truth"? Are you the Noah or the Peter or the Paul of our day?

I think that everyone here has a genuine objective to spend eternity with Jesus. Questions are a part of learning, and discussion is good. But let's not destroy brothers and sisters with our desire to be number one.

Humilty is a fruit of the spirit you might look into, just sayin'...
Be quiet, men are talking doctrine.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Old 02-13-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Be quiet, men are talking doctrine.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:43 PM
Master ThreadKiller

Lol

Old 02-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Devil’s Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
And put on a veil.

“ Sociology? Oh, you'll go far — that's if you live ... Just don't let your college degree get you killed 'cause I'm liable to get killed along with ya.”
—Harry Callahan
Old 02-13-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
And put on a veil.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:09 PM

In all seriousness, I love the discussions here on AFF.

We all are trying to get to heaven, and it's a good reminder for all of us that there is no need to destroy each other just to try to prove a point.