Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Banned

Re: End Time Army of Women Preachers Psalms 68:11

Um, remain silent?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Um, remain silent?
in the church...
Old 01-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Anyone ever wonder why Paul's instruction for women to remain silent was given to a Jewish congregation and not echoed anywhere else?
Lol. Here's the reason:

He was preaching that the old men needed to be crucified.
It terrified the old women and they started screaming and hollering.

Paul told them: Shut up!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
in the church...
Ah. My understanding was "stop chattering."
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Lol. Here's the reason:

He was preaching that the old men needed to be crucified.
It terrified the old women and they started screaming and hollering.

Paul told them: Shut up!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Yes, we could all post thousands of pages of data (I also have a laptop full of material on this issue - as well as the actual Greek texts) - but I simply do not have time to waste on this anymore (& as my signature line states, very few are really in search of truth on this matter).

Simply put, there's no such thing as a "woman preacher" in the Bible & I could sit here all day & night exegetically refuting each "point," but it would be a total waste of time to do so (&, the passages I post are entirely ignored). We're sticking with the Biblical teachings on this (& every other) doctrine - which could not possibly be clearer. Yes, we would walk out on a supposed "woman-preacher" in the church (as would most in our immediate fellowship) - it is a stubborn denial of the biblical texts (par for the course on AFF).

BTW - Ummm, Corinth was a gentile congregation (not "Jewish") & Timothy was in Ephesus (a gentile city) . No wonder y'all believe in "women preachers!" Later - much later !

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Good morning...in between running here and there and cooking just wanted to say all is well...You know I could put thousands of pages here but most of us KNOW what we believe and I for one am certain God called me at a very young age to be a missionary. I am not really able to do much anymore but there was a time.... God has blessed me on the mission field...It was on the mission field God gave me a wonderful husband and he has no problem with me speaking. He is 100 % behind anyone that is called of God. We do not have women knowcking over men in our work however we do have some very Godly ladies that work in His fields.
In fact my husband would sit down a lady or a man for that part if they got out of their place. I am thankful for good Godly leadership in Brother Alvear. I am blessed. Long ago Job said, He knoweth the way I take...So long before He ever called me He had a wonderful husband for me...so glad I came by faith and worked 4 lonely years on mission field....
Gotta go back to the kitchen...we are cooking for around 600 people today,,,and taking it to them! Oh, by the way got some men helping me in the kitchen...they don't seem to mind...the pans are very big....
The Lord qualifies those whom He calls, and thankfully, you will answer to the Lord, and not to men. Feeding 600 people today... oh my... that makes me tired just thinking about it! Will pray for you today, that the kingdom of the Lord will continue to advance mightily in Brazil, and for a special touch for you, as you mentioned you've been sick. God Bless You, Sister!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
Yes, we could all post thousands of pages of data (I also have a laptop full of material on this issue - as well as the actual Greek texts) - but I simply do not have time to waste on this anymore (& as my signature line states, very few are really in search of truth on this matter).

Simply put, there's no such thing as a "woman preacher" in the Bible & I could sit here all day & night exegetically refuting each "point," but it would be a total waste of time to do so (&, the passages I post are entirely ignored). We're sticking with the Biblical teachings on this (& every other) doctrine - which could not possibly be clearer. Yes, we would walk out on a supposed "woman-preacher" in the church (as would most in our immediate fellowship) - it is a stubborn denial of the biblical texts (par for the course on AFF).

BTW - Ummm, Corinth was a gentile congregation (not "Jewish") & Timothy was in Ephesus (a gentile city) . No wonder y'all believe in "women preachers!" Later - much later !

You have IGNORED my question earlier, conveniently.

How can women prophesy in church according to 1 Cor. 11, and also be SILENT? I've never heard a silent prophesy...
Old 01-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
By rdp: ….. - but I simply do not have time to waste on this anymore..

Sounds good to me.
So, now you are going to the next Christian discussion forum to copy and paste ????
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Banned

Wadr, there is no Scrip telling women to be silent in church, and about 2 minutes in your Bible engine's lexicon will show that to you. It seems to me that Ruth must be considered a Pastor, if she was not in fact. I also do not think it is preferred that women be pastoring, but if the societal male breakdown is in effect, as in Ruth's time and ours, Truth is where you find it? And maybe i mean Deborah, or Dinah. Someone pls correct me if any of those poor translations to silent in...Timothy, maybe? end up actually saying 'silent' in the original--I'm pretty sure they all come from the same root, and reduce to "don't chatter."

Last edited by shazeep; 01-19-2014 at 09:40 AM.