Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Banned

Re: They call us holy rollers... ����

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I have certainly been in meetings where people were speaking in tongues and I did not feel in my spirit that it was of God.
I have experienced where I knew for certain that the person I was witnessing speak in tongues was not speaking in tongues as the Holy Ghost gave utterance. I backed away and motioned for others to do the same. The guy stopped and we moved on to pray for someone else.

Quote:
I've been in some charismatic meetings where all manner of foolishness was going on intermingled with glossolalia and have also witnessed people being coached "repeat after me..radashada hoop a la".
I have called two people out on this in my lifetime. One lied and said he never did it (and I think he may have just got caught up in the moment, wanting the person he was praying for to speak in tongues so badly that he didn't realize what he was doing.)

The other person justified their actions saying that they didn't normally do what they did but this particular person just needed that extra encouragement and extra boost of confidence. That person was told they had been filled with the Holy Ghost and their salvation was celebrated that night by the congregation. I often wonder what I could have done differently in the moments where I saw what I saw.

Quote:
Can't say that we always would know or that there is a fail proof way of knowing, but if we are spiritually sensitive there will be times we should often feel whether or not something is of God. After all, we are admonished to try the spirits to see whether they be of God.
I agree 100%. The Bible says let the wheat grow with the tares, but there are some situations where I am just not sure as to how to respond when noticing something spiritually awry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
I have felt that in Apostolic churches as well as other Pentecostal churches.

I would wonder about the tongues and interpretation. I would not feel the Spirit of God, but a spirit of heaviness and of doubt.
That would make me very, very concerned.