Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Pastor Jerry Cox makes the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
yes the same one...actually he took it out of one account to pay for the renovation of the front of his church. (someone he had borrowed money from) Someone had loaned him the money and asked for it back in cash...actually I do not think he did anything wrong....however Mr. Reeds friends are all being examined....Politics stink in my opinion....

Some are quite jealous of his house and whatever ....however the jealous never remember the good deeds which are many that he has done....
Old 09-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

I don't know this as fact, but a friend told me you cannot use cash for a down-payment on a loan, such as a mortgage or car loan anymore.

It's ridiculous.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

It looks like they are shooting for the DA, and the "pastor" friend scenario looked real ripe to them to parade through the media.

Please read the whole article, especially the court cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-ridiculous/

They are "smurfin ridiculous!"
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Retired Ninja

In Louisiana politics, you are guilty upon suspicion and publication by the media... Seems that's all this is.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I don't know this as fact, but a friend told me you cannot use cash for a down-payment on a loan, such as a mortgage or car loan anymore.

It's ridiculous.
Depends on the bank.

None of it is relevant anymore, though. We have become nation of men not laws. Weak men, at that. Anything goes except the Rule of Law.

Which is the end result you get when you abandon God's law. You are left with man's law, aka ANARCHY.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicKitty View Post
In Louisiana politics, you are guilty upon suspicion and publication by the media... Seems that's all this is.
Louisiana politics are frightening, but they have the best food on the planet earth. Which kinda makes up for the corrupt politics?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Retired Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Louisiana politics are frightening, but they have the best food on the planet earth. Which kinda makes up for the corrupt politics?

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

It's ridiculous.
I don't think it is illegal for a company or financial institution to receive large amounts of cash but the hassle for them to fill out and submit the required paperwork to handle over $10,000 cash has probably caused a lot of them to put their own guidelines in place to not accept it.

Having said that I don't know of a car dealership in the world who would turn down cash for a car or the downpayment for a car!

A few decades ago I was in the car business and one dealership I worked at was in a small town with a lot of German farmers in the areas. There were many times I took thousands of dollars in cash down payments on cars and truck and it was money that had not seen the inside of a bank. LOL. Lots of buried coffee cans and mattresses stuffed with money.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

Why don't we just get rid of cash.......

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Banned

And just replace cash with a chip!